Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Object Weight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#126 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1613 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

yeah, let's drop the trolling.

#127 Pointyhat

Pointyhat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:56 AM

trolls the boards

#128 Crazy

Crazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

I understand why you want to change the rings..

:hand:

HOWEVER, I bought my rings at the beginning of 4.0 for 20 mil each! Then later I spent RU on getting them to be all 11's rings. Now it may not much matter to anyone else, but I've had my rings a long time, and I worked hard to get them. I would want compensation of some sort, and why shouldn't I? Back then the rings were a lot more expensive because there weren't HUNDREDS of them floating around in the game. I don't expect to ever get the money I put into the ring, but I didn't make them with the idea of selling them either. I made them with the idea of keeping them, the way they are. And i'm not just talking about the rings.

It's fine and wonderful you want to change everything that some us have worked hard to get/keep through the years, but again why is that our problem?

You certainly haven't offered any kind of compensation for the time/money we put into getting and keeping the os gear. Not to mention the many other os items some of us have.. If you want to be fair, then be fair. Don't expect us to say "hey, thanks so much for wasting hours of my time and money on an item I don't get to keep! Mucho Gracias!"

On the other hand, it's not like you're looking at that many old timers that have played for that long, I mean there's what under 20 of us here that are over the 10+ years mark? And maybe 5-10 that play on a regular basis?

Changing the items for all these new people doesn't mean anything to them, they've been here for like a year?! (j/k but close ha).

but still, as said before, the items are not difficult to get or come by anymore. Questing is simple/fast/easy compared to the beginning of 4.0, getting gold is simple now, spend 30 bucks, sell some ru, or jump on a ship and pirate for an hour. If every player had spent the time/money I've spent to acquire the items I have, they wouldn't be all for this either. There's a few old players that are like yeah w/e change it, because they don't have anything and they didn't bother to get good gear.

I do have stuff, and I don't want to lose it. There might not be very many of us opposed to this, but those that are, are opposed to it for a reason.We've still put a lot of time and money into this game, so in that respect, it does matter. We're loyal gamers and should be treated as such. I shouldn't be punished for acquiring an item years ago and keeping it, that's b.s. And all you noobs.. can drop dead. k, thx.

#129 Illyria

Illyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

So wait, you want compensation for something you bought what, like 5 years ago?

#130 Crazy

Crazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

Oh.. way more than 5 years. and why shouldn't I WANT compensation? Excuse me for wanting to be paid back time and money that I've spent in a game that wants to delete what my time and money was spent on.
I certainly didn't go into it saying hey I want to spend my time/money on something that is going to be changed/altered deleted for the worse. So yes. I do want compensation for my os items. If he wants to delete them/change them/alter them, then hell yes I want compensation.

#131 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:13 PM

How do i get compensated for wasting the 2 minutes of my life that it took to read your posts? I want it back.

#132 Illyria

Illyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Do items come with a contract saying "when you buy this we promise not to change it ever and it will always have the same worth"? No. You know this isn't the case.

The game has changed so much since <5 years ago, and so has the economy within the game. Do you really expect it to be any different just because you chose to spend gold years ago on an item that might be changed now?

#133 Crazy

Crazy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

(From Illyria):
Do items come with a contract saying "when you buy this we promise not to change it ever and it will always have the same worth"? No. You know this isn't the case.

The game has changed so much since <5 years ago, and so has the economy within the game. Do you really expect it to be any different just because you chose to spend gold years ago on an item that might be changed now?

Yeah noobie, I understand that you're -10 mil in the hole on st's and I'm -60 mil or more in the hole on sts. Which means you really have nothing of value to say to me.

Like I said, all the noobs don't mind this because it's not their gold that was spent or their ru. Point proven.