Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Travels about Alyria

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Auidei

Auidei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:49 AM

:snooty: A week past, while still traversing the wilds of Lasler, I came upon a certain holy man near the road. When I asked him for directions, he declined to answer, and instead gave me an errand to run for him. I tried to impress upon him that I was far too busy killing random squirrels and villagers to help him, but he insisted.
Commence a good half day of tromping about in the wilds, trying to avoid the local fauna and flora that might possibly ingest me. The errand was made even more impossible than it might have been when I dsicovered that the Priest of Madras was not at home. I searched the tower top to bottom, but discovered no one with whom I could leave the bloody fan with. Finally, I called upon the Powers to help me, and they graciously located the Priest for me, and returned him to his study after a stern talking to. Nothing more on the matter was said, but I suspect that he took an unscheduled coffee break. The nerve!

:quiet: Upon leaving Lasler and making my way to Rune, I discovered that waiting for Lord Agrippa to decide upon a quest to give me can be quite dull. To pass the time inbetween questing, I've discovered a whole slew of things to amuse myself, including:

-Making eyes at Sir Tristan
-Hiding in Agrippa's closet and scaring the spit out of his maids
-Shortsheeting Agrippa's bed
-Throwing eggs at the Town Crier
-Killing the occassional commoner in his courtyard and bringing him the head/other assorted body parts.
-Going to the local Pet Shoppe and buying myself an army of kittens, then parading around the town like the Pied Piper of Hamlin.
-Drinking at the local pub
-Killing those drinking at the local pub

I'm sure I'll think of others...

:bbook: A NOTE FROM AUIDEI'S DIARY:

Never attack the bumblebees in Diocletian. Those are not your average honeybees. Maybe return when I have a bit more experience, immortality, and a small army?

:doh: After expanding my travels a bit, I've come to realize that not all guards are created equal. In Tellerium, for example, all city guards are required to possess a glass jaw. Odd, for a city of warriors, but there you are. In other of Alyria's fair cities, however, the guards are mean. Experienced. And can kill us weaker mortals by engaging not in battle, but a slap fight. Embarrassing. Maybe once the Powers permit me another class I'll stop dying so often. Possible, but unlikely.

:ghost: Note to self: Must stop blundering into unfriendly town residents. Dying is not only time consuming and boring, but I am never reincarnated with my clothes on. I suppose it's ungreatful to complain about being alive, but if the Powers could see fit to restore me WITH clothes and weaponry intact, that'd be lovely. I do have my modesty, after all, and on the occassion when I'm brought back to life and not paying attention, I've stood naked for several minutes before realizing my error.

:skull: After one too many checker games with Mordred in the Ethereal Void to pass the time, I've come to realize he cheats. I'm so mad right now I could kill him, but... well, someone's obviously beat me to it. Perhaps he used to be Agrippa's old Court Jester, before Agrippa caught him marking cards in poker. Someone should warn the new Court Jester about that. The Ethereal Void certainly doesn't need TWO guardians.

:skull: Along those lines, Mordred is probably upset and/or crying most of the time when I'm there due to the tourmalines scattered everywhere. If I was that close to dozens of tourmalines and too incorporeal to grab them, I know I'd be bummed out. Someone should do something about that.

:bpotion: Note to self: Buy a cider jug, pour our the cider, and locate a cleric to fill it with Cure Critical brew. Little vials aren't cutting it anymore. Perhaps I could get the doctor in Tellerium to start an intravenous drip of it on me?

:hand: Killing the citizens of Sigil is no longer providing the level of experience I seek. Perhaps I'll go try depopulating the castle next.

:freaked: After three more checker games with Mordred, and several rather Unrepeatable Words, I believe I'll go back to killing defenseless townsfolk for now.

:bbook: A NOTE FROM AUIDEI'S DIARY:
After a long, long, LONG voyage on the Merdraco, in which the captain hit on me repeatedly and swigged rum, I'm resolving to wait awhile before suffering through that particular hell again. Like, years. I'll go back to Rune and shortsheet Agrippa's bed. Haven't done that in awhile. Stay tuned...

#2 Auidei

Auidei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 03:08 AM

:frog: Just for fun, one of these days I may kill the Frog Slayer, and give him to a small green frog. Fair is fair, after all.

:hand: Leave the Psionic Rangers in the Ilandrama Library alone. Mordred only knows a couple board games, and he's lousy at poker. If I spend any more time in the Ethereal Void, I'm going to start decorating. Some drapes might be nice.

:gpotion: TIP: Don't drink the vials/potions/flasks lying on the ground about town. You don't know where they've been. And steer clear of Doctor Rune. I was just a Neuter for thirty straight minutes. And here the man claims to be a sex therapist.

:bell: Lord Vendredi asked me on my last visit to him to make a point of telling everyone I meet that the random slaughter of Sigil's knights needs to stop. Not only is their equipment costly to replace, but they're running out of volunteers, given that the average life expectancy of a Sigil Knight has dropped to several minutes. At this rate, the Knights of the Green Shrub will be taking on mangy dogs and tabby cats as initiates, and Vendredi insists it won't do. "Flea collars are not, and will never be standard armor for my henchmen." He sighed.

:goblet: Found a mace for Pereiad. Must give it to him tommorrow when we kill knights in Sigil after we eat. He's found it aids his digestion to kill off several dozen of the populace after brunch.

#3 Auidei

Auidei

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:20 PM

:boohoo: Upon my wanderings about Alyria, it has come to my attention that there are two definitive schools of thought on adventuring. One seems to be to move through each quest and task as quickly as possible, working towards power and Archondom singlemindedly. The second is a more Renaissance approach, attempting to learn as much as possible about Alyria at every season and process of their journey.

While I cannot state that one is better than the other, the diversity of thought and attitude is in my mind, exactly what Alyria seeks to cultivate, and discouraging either is rather knavish and uninformed. I myself think that those who are mostly fighters, and not equal parts of philosopher and explorer are missing much of what Alyria has to offer. What good is being a powerful warrior without a sense of purpose, character, and knowing oneself?

For example, just the other day, a passerby informed my draconian ally that his weapon was antiquated and learning it was a waste of time. Pereiad quite rightly replied that, while a mace might not be right for everyone, he rather enjoyed the challenge of using one, and preffered such a weapon in his early stages of adventuring. I suspect he might have then roasted the knave with a shot or two of fire breath, but fortunately, Lord Agrippa's guards showed up and dragged the unfortunate off first. Apparently the passerby was behaving quite out of character for the section of towne he was in, and Agrippa is always cranky on Tuesdays.

Pereiad, true gentleman that he is, called no jibes after the poor unfortunate, merely stating that perhaps after tea we should journey to Sigil and lighten the goblin population. I quite agree.

:card: Taught Mordred bridge the last time I visited him. Granted, playing with only two of us was impossible, but he kindly located a few Eldritch vapors to join us. Certainly one of the more interesting card games I've ever played. I may yet bring civility to the underworld.

#4 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

:bbook: Wisdom lies in knowledge of all aspects of a warrior's body.
:bdie: Much like the bard's instrument is an extension of the body, so is the weapon to a warrior. They both lead to dance.
:bbook: The wise warrior, like the wise bard, plays all instruments, knows all weapons. You cannot dance if you don't know all the steps.
:bdie: The crone summons all adventurers: it is another question whether they hear her voice or not.
:skull: You will kill, maim and fight for her. Then you will slay and die for her.

:masks: "Let virtue distinguish the brave."

#5 Guest_pereiad_*

Guest_pereiad_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

:flame: My quest to personally reduce the goblin population of Sigil to nil is coming along quite well, although I lost count this morning after twenty-four. The little things are quite tasty charred, particularly with a good dark ale....

#6 Jedar

Jedar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:39 PM

8O A note to all weary travelers - The dart players in Agrippa's castle are not to be trifled with. Ever. As I write this warning, I sit in Hell's anteroom... dispatched with one blow. Ow. Must speak to Agrippa about this. Rune is rather dangerous to the unwary.

#7 Erk

Erk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 25 December 2008 - 03:31 AM

:bbook: Another day gone and no sign of the coming uprising among the chickens.

Ohhhhh, but how they do conspire! Just look at them!! Strutting nonchalantly through the yard, bawking and clucking and playing dumb, while in reality they are finalizing sinister plans to subjugate all humanity!

Fah!! Who do they think they are fooling, over there peck-peck-pecking at the dirt?! As if they would want that measely chicken-feed! While late at night, they sneak into our homes and make themselves sandwiches!

I have to get the word out! I have to WARN people! I don't know how they're doing it but they are organizing! I think they must be using some type of chicken-telepathy.. The other day, I was discretely monitering the chickens when I popped open a can of Kasra, and it fizzed all over the place! Surely, it must have been reacting with the telepathic-chicken brainwaves!!

..It may already be too late! Do you think they know? Can they read my mind?! I must find my tin foil hat.. Oh no! They're looking this way!! I --

#8 Jedar

Jedar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

:bomb: Note to self - Must learn how to throw things effectively in combat. Not being able to use any of the lovely explosives I come across in my travels is getting me down.

:sheep: I'm a bit concerned over an aquaintence of mine, who sent me a letter recently insisting there was going to be an uprising by the chickens of Alyria. I'm inclined to take his worries seriously, but couldn't get Lord Agrippa to agree to look into the matter. Since then, I've heard nothing from Erk, and I'm a bit concerned he may be held hostage by his farm animals. If anyone has news of the matter, please get in touch with Agrippa, so he might know where to send the rescue party.

:skull: For a change of pace yesterday, I tried stopping in at the Wandering Sidhe for a drink. Nice place, good vintages. Stopped in upstairs to play cards with Death. Nice fellow, though a bit gloomy. I can't imagine he has the pleasantest of jobs, though it's nice to see he knows how to relax when people aren't kicking the bucket. Short card games with him are best, as he's often called to work in the middle of a hand, and I know better than to peep at his hand while he's gone. Somehow, I think he might know...

#9 Guest_pereiad_*

Guest_pereiad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

:skull: Note to self: The Chromatic Dragon does not want to discuss the possibility of common ancestry....