Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

pk tournament 21st march

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hi,

Ayri and I are hosting a pk tournament on the 21st of March around 5-6 game time. ( right after wedding ). It's going to be knock-out rounds with a lot of prizes ( a huruk, orbs, gold). Depending on how many ppl participate , the more prizes there will be. Ayri and I will not participate, but the winner gets a shot for an extra 20 mill after defeating me if he chooses to.

The rules are simple :

1. No astral spells or silencing wands.
2. No elementals, soldiers, or imps.
3. For those who don't have the herbalism skill, they are NOT allowed to use herbalism (alembic)

I think that pretty much covers it. If you're interested in participating let me know before the 21st, as in talk to me IN game. Don't post on here unless you have questions about the rules. I have also asked an Imm to host this so everything will run smoothly.

Thanks,

Santino and Ayri

Leftovers: Contact SANTINO in game..not ME....thanks bunches... Ayri

#2 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

YES, non herbalist can use alembic

#3 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:57 PM

I forgot to add a rule:

4 no MM'd items allowed : )

that should be it

#4 Nobadii

Nobadii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2330 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

I'll be there with a shadow golem and mercenaries in tote.

#5 Pyrales

Pyrales

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:39 PM

can I come to your wedding? :)

#6 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Rules can still be changed so i appreciate feedback, no whining tho : )

#7 Nobadii

Nobadii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2330 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

Just tell the active imm running the ceremony that you lost your invite like the rest of us do, duh.

#8 Ayri

Ayri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

Good thing you weren't on invite list Nobadii, now you don't have to lose it. ..just PK so I can watch you die. Now please get back to subject of tournament and not my wedding... : )

#9 Hooch

Hooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

Is it for all classes or just high up?

#10 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

If we get enough ppl from a certain class then yes it is for all classes, there will be brackets, so far quite a few ppl are interested and participating i will post later...

#11 Yankee

Yankee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

This is a good idea. PK could use a bit of a kick start, and this could be a nice way to revitalize it.

I think no MM'd items is a good rule. If the reason we are disallowing astral wizard spells is because they are looked upon as cheap, how would everyone feel about prohibiting spells like memory drain as well? This doesn't really effect me since my key spells are mastered anyway... just a thought.

Maybe the immortals would be game to award some prizes in addition to Santino. Seems he's gonna be taking a huge hit on this tournament, and doesn't really stand to gain anything at all.

If I had known about this two days ago, perhaps I would have put off archoning a bit... but I'll still enter. How will people be paired up against each other? Maybe we could use existing PK records to determine seeding and run it like a NCAA tournament.

#12 Hooch

Hooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Count me in for the first classers then :)

#13 Murdoch

Murdoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

I'm in for first class.

#14 Anagon

Anagon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Yankee, mem draining is not oppressive at all. Most people know how to mem in order to keep their good spells out of the way, not to mention that it's only really good when coupled with mental disruption, which never lands. Another way to restrict this would be to make a rule of no fleeing or calming once combat begins. This would mean if you choose to open combat with mem drain then you can only do it once. If someone does flee or calm they could be disqualified.

#15 Ayri

Ayri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

I know we are adding in no Flee/smoke etc....it would mean automatic disqualification.

#16 Hooch

Hooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

I don't see why fleeing in general should always be so frowned upon. Make some limitations, but not just outright ban fleeing :(

#17 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

If you are fleeing from a fight to the death, it's probably do to something cheap or to prolong the fight unnecessarily. As far as I can tell, it's not a CPK tournament where the participants are allowed to do anything in their power to win. Which, I should add, the game seems to punish, anyway.

#18 Storrm

Storrm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:55 PM

Make everyone fight naked.

#19 Hooch

Hooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

If it's divided into classed fights, chances are some people are going to be at a disadvantage with new opponents. Whether it be based on camped stats, or maybe level difference. If I have to fight Murdoch, it's probably going to be a massacre. But I should at least be able to try and flee, and set up some form of a strategy on the fly. It only seems fair.

#20 Ayri

Ayri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

LOL Storrm. That would humor me or everyone only can wear rune Guard gear

#21 Jhaero

Jhaero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:36 AM

(From Yagami):
If you are fleeing from a fight to the death, it's probably do to something cheap or to prolong the fight unnecessarily.

Or you might just be trying to wear them down (eg, you have a regen advantage like sanctify) or make use of spells (like memory drain or disjunction) which can't be cast in combat.

Of course, you might classify those tactics as 'cheap'. But there are good tactical reasons to run away before re-engaging.

#22 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:14 AM

No cabos, werewolf canine, or other sorts of curative items in combat please. Obviously does not include cp/cd/cb.

#23 Fuji

Fuji

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:55 AM

Mental Disruption lands often enough, Anagon, out of the last 10 casts against me, I only resisted it three times...

That was with two rings of spell turning, and other SVS equipment too.

Yes, I'm still grumpy about the change to rings of spell turning.

:hand:

#24 Apex

Apex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:21 AM

I second Krim, please ban cabo's and werewolf canines!!!

please don't ban fleeing, that's retarded.

and yeah, mental disruption isn't THAT hard to land.

#25 Apex

Apex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:31 AM

smoke bomb ban is fine, but don't ban fleeing altogether, especially in the lower classes where class diversity is an issue.