Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

pk tournament 21st march

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

(From Yagami):
If you are fleeing from a fight to the death, it's probably do to something cheap or to prolong the fight unnecessarily.

#27 Klaus

Klaus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1387 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:18 PM

Of course you would run this tournament strategically while I'm off in New York.

What's next? You gonna have a LAN party with Duende, sit next to my woman, and be the only one who can kill the laocoon?

You know I havent lost to you since 7th grade, Santino!!

#28 Hooch

Hooch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:08 PM

Me using a backstab/flee a COUPLE times on some first class fighter/camped stat whore might be seen as cheap by a lot of people, but if you were to stand in the shoes of a rogue such as myself, you'd probably do the same thing because it's the smartest thing to do. Not my fault if said fighter is too stupid to figure out how to deal with it.

#29 Apex

Apex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

(From Krim):

(From Yagami):
If you are fleeing from a fight to the death, it's probably do to something cheap or to prolong the fight unnecessarily.

So how else is a 120 warrior/thief suppose to stand up to a 120 warrior/mage or 120 warrior/cleric - and you could say the same about the level 60 bracket. obviously if the thief just stands there - they die because they wouldn't have anything to compete with spell casting unless they were bard. Even if they are a bard they won't be able to sustain their spell casting half as long due to higher cost and low scc. At those levels it's just merely using your skills, and quite possibly the only ones you have. It's thief strategy and fits a role play critique.

Allow say 180< or 120< to be allowed to flee. I support no-flee in 4th-class/hero+ brackets even though I think it can be a viable option and strategy sometimes. And not always to do something "cheap".

#30 Murdoch

Murdoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

With a tournament that has this kind of purse, it really doesn't matter how long the matches take as long as someone wins.

If you're going to disallow something as simple as a strategic withdrawal, you might as well limit the tournament to 180+ because as Apex said, lower brackets are going to be uneven at best.

#31 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

He can make whatever rules he wants. If you are going to argue that you should be able to make "strategic withdrawals" because of what is at stake, then there really isn't any reason to prohibit anything that the system allows, whether or not it is illegal.

#32 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

RULES UPGRADE:
1. No cabos or mm'd items.
2. No herbs for non monk/rangers.
3. No astral spells.

4. No smoking, calming, or fleeing for the archon brackets. I don't know about the other classes. I still don't have enough players from lower classes. It's still early so who knows.

So , please talk to me in game if you're still interested. So far I have

Krim, Apex, Anagon, Brimstone, Tannyon, Notorious, Supernac, Chaosfire, Yankee, Nobadii, for archons.

There 's no entrance fee and lots of prizes. You have nothing to lose. Also if there are enough archons participating I'm going to make two different brackets. For example level 61/90 and 91/ +

Thanks.

#33 Illyria

Illyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

What the hell, I talked to you in-game and I'm not on the list? This better not be some strategic ploy to keep me out of it! :(

#34 Lewd

Lewd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

I should be on that list too, wtf. :(

#35 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:35 PM

What about using MMed items before the fight, such as shadow armor or pentacle scrolls? :whistle:

#36 Nobadii

Nobadii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2330 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Well how in the world will they know you used 'em? Come on, think like the criminal dwarf you are or you'll be stuck goin' back to the mines pickin' ore for less than minimum.

#37 Yagami

Yagami

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

You could always MM up a shadow golem scroll and make a golem in advance, and then use a normal scroll to summon it to you.

#38 Jheron

Jheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4315 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

ONE RULE: YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAND THERE AND SPAM SAYS TO MAKE ROCKS FALL.

#39 Sacho

Sacho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

^Jheron's strategy when faced with any obstacle.

#40 Apex

Apex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

(From Santino):
So , please talk to me in game if you're still interested. So far I have

Krim, Apex, Anagon, Brimstone, Tannyon, Notorious, Supernac, Chaosfire, Yankee, Nobadii, for archons.

wait, what? did I just get bumped to the archon bracket?

#41 Phaustix

Phaustix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:41 PM

I can say I will participate, but I likely won't be on. So count me in I guess.

#42 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

When I said no fleeing should be allowed, I was talking mainly about the archon bracket. Maybe even the heroes. Don't really care what anyone lower than that does.

I don't think making brackets according to archon level is such a great idea, as archon level often means jack poo in PK. I still think Yankee had the best idea as to make brackets. Some impartials like Santino and maybe an imm or two, who know where the contestants stand PK wise, should come up with a ranking system and make brackets that could go #1 vs #3, #2 vs #4 etc.

#43 Saitok

Saitok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

(From Nobadii):
Well how in the world will they know you used 'em? Come on, think like the criminal dwarf you are or you'll be stuck goin' back to the mines pickin' ore for less than minimum.

I'll pick your ore.

#44 Ayri

Ayri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

I know one rule that was left off last upgrade is :

2. No elementals, soldiers, or imps.

That is still a rule : )

#45 Insanity

Insanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

I'm in. I'll bring my golem it's not listed.

#46 Hekate

Hekate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Another "stand still and hit each other until someone falls down" tournament. How incredibly mundane.

#47 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

Use shadow golem and still lose?
I'll play :)

#48 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member