Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

PK Tournament-Update

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#26 Furyspawn

Furyspawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

lmao

#27 Chorin

Chorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:29 AM

If you don't like it, don't zarking participate.

This tournament is being hosted out of the kindness of Ayri/Santino/Staff to produce what is supposed to be a fun event in the memory of a fallen warrior. Get over yourself, grow some balls, crack some skulls. For the win.

#28 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:43 AM

Can i join the baby pk bracket?

#29 Haley

Haley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

(From Chorin):

This tournament is being hosted out of the kindness of Ayri/Santino/Staff to produce what is supposed to be a fun event in the memory of a fallen warrior. Get over yourself, grow some balls, crack some skulls. For the win.

let me correct you , this tournament was for thier wedding but got canseld , now they turn it into a memorial tournamet

#30 Chorin

Chorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:10 AM

There's a difference between was and is Hekate.

#31 Biran

Biran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

(From Santino):
I will post in a few days about the brackets setup, and ayri and I are still talking about the rules. We need more positive feedback though or it will stay like it is. This tournament is about promoting the game pk-wise, and to remember those who loved pk and aren't around anymore.

I hope ppl will participate, there is no entrance fee or anything... It's about having fun...
archon brackets can have 2 different brackets for experienced pk'ers and those baby archons

Might clearify not around anymore. I'm not around on game anymore but I still live. that is in no way a shot at the recently departed may the rest peacefully. But if this is dedicated to all those who loved to PK and are no longer around. I say it's in part dedicated to me and in that case I say allow Multiply magic minus silence wands.

Monks get to use herbalism and that's a groovy thing. But Multiply magic is a part of their arsenal. So you need to think. and mind you haven't been around to know what new items are out there. But what items can honestly be MM'd that would tip the scales of balance in a tournament like this? Silence is already banned. So outside of healing items which still take a round to use and blindness wands which again take a round to use. How is Multiply magic affecting the outcome of a fight.

Point is you can't limit a classes spell(s) cause you don't like it or other people are going to cry they don't have it. that's ridiculous to try and do anyways. Like previously said, you can't make everyone happy. So why make monks so unhappy with such a pointless rule. Multiply Magic is only unbalanced if allowed to be exploited. Set item limitations for multiply magic, if you want to restrict it. But saying "you can't use it even though it might be a corner stone in your fighting." just isn't fair.

But again, I don't play the game and won't be in the tournament, so I doubt my feedback matters :P

#32 Biran

Biran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

(From Haley):

(From Chorin):

let me correct you , this tournament was for thier wedding but got canseld , now they turn it into a memorial tournamet

Also haley. I've been gone for ALONG time and you still haven't taken a zarking clue. Shut your fat mouth. The tournament is in dedication to Spizy's Love of PK, end of zarking story. no need to argue it, no need to Q_Q about it. Spizy loved PK, and he died, sad as that is. They are making light of a dim situation by dedicating this to him, and all you are doing is trying to argue about something that doesn't matter now! what you think it WAS for is moot, to the fact that it IS NOW for a more meaningful reason.

STFU seriously, you whiny bitchy ass 2 year old.

#33 Stakker

Stakker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:27 AM

if i can be online, i wil join.

#34 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

A gearless tournament would not be about skill - it would be about spamming damage.

Monks get to use herbalism and that's a groovy thing. But Multiply magic is a part of their arsenal. So you need to think. and mind you haven't been around to know what new items are out there. But what items can honestly be MM'd that would tip the scales of balance in a tournament like this? Silence is already banned. So outside of healing items which still take a round to use and blindness wands which again take a round to use. How is Multiply magic affecting the outcome of a fight.

You realize multiplied items do have advantages over the actual spell, right? Also, by using the item, you conserve sp which helps a LOT.

--

Other classes besides monks are being restricted. Everyone but monks and rangers are restricted from herbs, wizards are restricted from silence and summon elemental, rangers from find familiar, etc...

And dude. I figure fleeing for your life IRL in a military combat situation is a little different than fleeing from a fight and hiding because your character sucks. If your character cant withstand the heat, he shouldn't be in the kitchen.

You could be someone who focuses on regen, your opponent could have gotten lucky and resisted every spell, you could have surged silence, etc...
Its not always because your character is bad.

That said, I am not arguing for a change in the rule. I don't plan to be taking part in it. (No fleeing and I'd lose anyway.)

#35 Ahliannanyte

Ahliannanyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

Its no secret that i dont PK...that i HATE PK and that i couldnt PK my way out a wet bag BUT...its for Wade...im in.

#36 Thornak

Thornak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2203 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

(From Solus):
Other classes besides monks are being restricted. Everyone but monks and rangers are restricted from herbs, wizards are restricted from silence and summon elemental, rangers from find familiar, etc...

Wizards are also restricted from using Slow, which ive sometimes casted in a PK fight just to through someone off :P

#37 Pointyhat

Pointyhat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 01:47 PM

i say you all need to just follow the rules, they asked for suggestions, they said MM isnt gonna be acceptable, get over it and work out new strategy's, you get to be one of 2 classes to spam HE, or what ever herbs you feel like.As a witch of low caliber i will not be participating bc there is no way i can win or come close :>

#38 Hekate

Hekate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:57 PM

(From Chorin):
There's a difference between was and is Hekate.

There's also a difference between Hekate and Haley, Chorin.

#39 Chorin

Chorin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:38 AM

Not really. Seemed like something you would say. :wink:

My apologies.

#40 Santino

Santino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

this will be final post concerning the pk tournament today:
rules are the one vassago posted also gonna add that moonstone cabochons and werewolf canines are banned also, also here's a few of the prizes that can be won:
- a huruks soul
- a solenoide
- 200 souls
- 180 souls
- vandemaar orbs

I will say this again; there's no entrance fee and this is supposed to be all about fun so i hope lots of people will participate : )

#41 Krim

Krim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1824 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:31 PM

Where are the brackets?