Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

I-MOTION SERVER 4.2 UPDATES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#26 Lewd

Lewd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

(From Brimstone):
most of the new archons coming through probably cant.

When I was 61 with no soldier and 1.5k vitals, I had no problems with killing hunters. Taking them from 5% to dead was an issue on heal-spamming eths but that's about it.

The 'new archons' aren't the problem, it's the person behind them. Which extends just as much to years-old archons.

#27 Mikmokettte

Mikmokettte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:46 PM

8O

definition: game (gm)
n.
1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime

#28 Mikmokettte

Mikmokettte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

oh

Definition: work (wûrk)
n.
1. Physical or mental effort or activity directed toward the production or accomplishment of something.

#29 Kabaal

Kabaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:58 PM

thats because questing is limited, no doing 60 quests one after the other. a day.

You havent been able to do that in almost 10 years.

#30 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:54 PM

Havoc: I've received no information on relationships not working. Please email admin with a bug report and what isn't working about them and what you are expecting and we'll investigate.

#31 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Kaczia: Just because we don't make the change you want doesn't mean that the message is not being heard. I think it's pretty clear that we were listening to everyone's feedback and responding to it. We came up with a compromise on it, which is detailed in all the information I provided about navigating the Proving Grounds. There is a reason the Domain of Arbaces is at the _bottom_ of the Proving Grounds in the first place, after all, and not a standalone dungeon outside that.

And regarding dying on CPK on those levels: you had a chance to die from eating roots, too, which you had less control over than if you're attacked. You could just as easily have died on a CPK floor. At least this way you have multiple options. I have sat there and watched Heroes navigate their way down the levels without using shadow tunnel or anything, to the Domain, without being killed, several times now.

I realize it's possible to die in CPK in the Proving Grounds. And it's possible that someone can hunt you and track you down in the Proving Grounds, assuming you've taken no steps or precautions to prevent that. But you're talking like it's a given, that it will happen virtually all the time, and that you may as well not even try as a result.

I've toned down some of the NPCs on the lower levels, both during the beta testing you mentioned as well as after the game was brought up with 4.2. I fully expect there may be some additional tweaking needed to make sure it's as reasonable as possible.

Incidentally, does anyone know what happens with dream weavers if you sleep in the same room as them?

#32 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Oh, and you guys know that the insta-kill was _removed_ from roots, correct? They are more difficult to use, but there isn't the chance to be slain randomly as before.

#33 Varys

Varys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:45 AM

Are you even going to see or address the points I made or just talk about side issues like dream weavers?

I repeat: You added some new levels to PG (huzzah) and at the same time removed/reduced/whatever the ability to get down to the bottom fast. Weren't the new levels already enough added difficulty?

And most of you are also missing the point. This isn't about me or anyone else archoning. I'm sure this wouldn't take more than a few hours if I even bothered doing it again. The point is, whenever new changes are made to this game, additional changes are also usually made to related mechanics not to improve the player experience, but to further lengthen it and frustrate it. Must I scour through and comment hundreds of game changes to make my point?

I'm even willing to admit that this stuff might not frustrate everyone... but I'm not willing to agree that I belong in that S&M camp.

#34 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:52 AM

I think I've explained it as well as I can. I did address your points in my posts. And as I've said, there is a reason, and there always has been, that the Domain is at the bottom of the PG. I've also explained that we're still tweaking things and adding some improvements

I really think you should actually try the PG - all of you should - to see how it works now, with these updates.

#35 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:00 AM

It also doesn't look like roots are working properly right now - they just make you sick. I'm looking into that.

#36 Throm

Throm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

Personally, I'd like to see entrance to DoA only be granted once per Alyrian day. This brute force method of archoning by dying 50 times and eating 500 roots is garbage to begin with. If you aren't strong/smart/patient/careful enough to complete the trial without making a bloody mess everywhere, then you ought to be deemed unworthy of being an archon.

#37 Notorious

Notorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

(From Throm):
Personally, I'd like to see entrance to DoA only be granted once per Alyrian day. This brute force method of archoning by dying 50 times and eating 500 roots is garbage to begin with. If you aren't strong/smart/patient/careful enough to complete the trial without making a bloody mess everywhere, then you ought to be deemed unworthy of being an archon.

DoA para mobs are too random to make it a 1 attempt a day thing.

#38 Havoc

Havoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

(From Notorious):

This.

Also, I never said anything about relationships. :(

#39 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Sorry, I mean Stormm.

#40 Throm

Throm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 02:42 PM

(From Notorious):

help saving throws

#41 Havoc

Havoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

(From Throm):

(From Notorious):

help saving throws

Help they're level 450+ now.

#42 Throm

Throm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

And?

#43 Gunbladee

Gunbladee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

I'm with Throm on this one, look before you leap and command stack flee. Never died to no para mobs on any of my archons by being patient and having a look at what i was about to walk into. Although i did die a couple of times due to lag but hell crap happens.

If i had my way Archoning should be made 10x harder. Roots shouldn't let you go down a level in pg while holding a key to DoA and you shouldn't be allowed to enter DoA without a key at all. Eating a hundred roots to finish of a boss that's half dead is just tarded.

#44 Notorious

Notorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:16 PM

(From Throm):

(From Notorious):

help saving throws

Due to the fact that the mobs are all high level, svX doesn't really come into play. Also some mobs are no flee and rooms are randomly no magic, while i agree that there are things you can do to help prevent and overcome these situations, overall i just believe it is far too random to even consider making DoA a 1 attempt per day trial.

#45 Kaczia

Kaczia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Regarding the history command... would it be possible (or a good idea?) to reverse the chronological order that it displays in? Having most recent show first, as opposed to showing last? Just a thought. Opinions?

#46 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 11:30 AM

That has been suggested and I think it is a valid idea :) I think I may change that soon, just have to rework a few things. In the meantime you can limit history display by using the limit number after history listing.

#47 Shakti

Shakti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

Kaczia:
Regarding the history command... would it be possible (or a good idea?) to reverse the chronological order that it displays in? Having most recent show first, as opposed to showing last? Just a thought. Opinions?

I support this without reservation. I was just looking to see if it had been suggested yet before starting my own thread.
:clap:

#48 Elyssa

Elyssa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

I'm not sure if this thread is still being read, but it can't hurt to try!

I love the history list command, but it seems a bit weird that I have to tell it how many to skip (how would I know that?), rather than how many I want to see. It'd be awesome if I could just check out the last 20 or so messages on any particular channel, rather than having to guess how many I need to skip in order to not get a flood of messages. Could we get this kind of functionality added please?

#49 Aggression

Aggression

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but out of the entire change-log, the only things that effect me in any way, are the changes to PG. And those changes are by far, for the worse. I have no clue what's going on with the build-system. I'd like to sell my build points i got from the global, but to my knowledge, that is impossible.

Most of the changes, excluding PG changes, seem to be nearly useless changes.

just my opinion

#50 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:54 PM

We're working on the build system. I am sorry you don't find the other changes useful, but many other players do.