Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Wrong questmaster?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:30 PM

You ask Lady Undya for a quest.
This quest is called 'Three Of A Kind', for Adventurers levels 60 to 100.
Lady Undya is the mistress in charge of this quest.
Description of Three Of A Kind:
A warm welcome to you Adventurer! I am very glad you have arrived and are
willing to undertake this demanding task. As you know the streets of New
Rigel are many in number and as such offer a varied and colourful lifestyle
from the Arts to Shopping, Scenic Canals and Grand Residentials to mention
but a few. Although this attracts many noble men and women, it is also
prone to attracting the likes of scoundrels, thieves and folk of the
criminal element. Therefore I wish you to walk the streets of New Rigel and
using which ever means necessary, dispatch these villains so others may
think twice before coming here. Oh yes, please visit the Combat Trainer
first to learn a little more in the art of fighting and a little more about
New Rigel, and as you dispose of these criminal types please report to the
various guards around town, letting them know of your progress in this
matter. May the Powers go with you as you venture forth and upon your
return you will be well rewarded.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive:
*Up to 35 quest points, 5 practice points, 22,000 experience points, and
11,000 gold pieces.
You have 240 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Three Of A Kind consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat 3 of a short rogue.
Phase 2: Visit an elite guard.
Phase 3: Defeat 3 of a thug.
Phase 4: Visit a gate guard.
Phase 5: Defeat 3 of a seedy character.
Phase 6: Visit a gate guard.
Lady Undya exclaims, 'May your journey be a successful one, Arwenna!'

Alright... why is Undya giving this quest instead of Vashir?

:(

#2 Spiderpig

Spiderpig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

Someone was lazy most likley and copy/paste a new rigel quest description and then just added some goal and send it in for free RU and let undya have it.

#3 Katran

Katran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

I just got this quest again. Can we fix it yet? :/

:(

#4 Baloo

Baloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

As if 5pp isn't worth going to NR or something?

#5 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

As if 5pp isn't worth going to NR or something?

It's more that the description is incongruous with the QM. The phases are acceptable for a Xaventry quest. Now with some minor alterations to the description the quest should be fine, though a total re-write would be better:

A warm welcome to you Adventurer! As you know, my friend the dashing Lord Vashir oversees the streets of New Rigel.  His domain has many streets, and as such they offer a varied and colourful lifestyle from the Arts to Shopping, Scenic Canals and Grand Residentials to mention but a few.  Although this attractive to the many noble men and women of Xaventry as a place of holiday, it is also prone to attracting the likes of scoundrels, thieves and folk of the criminal element. Therefore I wish you to walk the streets of New Rigel and using which ever means necessary, dispatch these villains so the streets are safe for visitors. As you dispose of those criminal types please report to the various guards around town, letting them know of your progress in this matter.  I am sure Lord Vashir's guard would greatly appreciate the reports.  May the Powers go with you as you venture forth and upon your return you will be well rewarded.

#6 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

You could have simply emailed admin with an updated quest description to correct the lazy ass who copy pasted it from Rigel.

===

A warm welcome to you Adventurer! I am very glad you've arrived in Xaventry and are willing to undertake the demanding tasks I give you. But don't get too comfortable running around my town for pitiful rewards, if you really want me to pay you well, you're going to have to travel. Have you heard of my compatriot, Lord Vashir? The streets of New Rigel are many in number and as such offer a varied and colourful lifestyle from the Arts to Shopping, Scenic Canals and Grand Residentials to mention but a few. Although this attracts many noble men and women, it is also prone to attracting the likes of scoundrels, thieves and folk of the criminal element. Therefore I wish you to go to New Rigel and use any means necessary, to help Lord Vashir dispatch these villains so others may think twice before going there to cause trouble. Please visit their Combat Trainer first to learn a little more about the art of fighting and how their styles differ from General Naveel's methods. As you dispose of these criminal types please report to the various guards around town, letting them know of your progress in this matter. May the Powers go with you as you venture forth and upon your return you will be well rewarded.

===

That took me about 1 minute to edit while I was eating my dinner. If everyone did this instead of whining on the forums, we'd have some semblance of a community.

#7 Vorare

Vorare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 04:15 AM

You could have simply emailed admin with an updated quest description to correct the lazy ass who copy pasted it from Rigel.

===

A warm welcome to you Adventurer! I am very glad you've arrived in Xaventry and are willing to undertake the demanding tasks I give you. But don't get too comfortable running around my town for pitiful rewards, if you really want me to pay you well, you're going to have to travel. Have you heard of my compatriot, Lord Vashir? The streets of New Rigel are many in number and as such offer a varied and colourful lifestyle from the Arts to Shopping, Scenic Canals and Grand Residentials to mention but a few. Although this attracts many noble men and women, it is also prone to attracting the likes of scoundrels, thieves and folk of the criminal element. Therefore I wish you to go to New Rigel and use any means necessary, to help Lord Vashir dispatch these villains so others may think twice before going there to cause trouble. Please visit their Combat Trainer first to learn a little more about the art of fighting and how their styles differ from General Naveel's methods. As you dispose of these criminal types please report to the various guards around town, letting them know of your progress in this matter. May the Powers go with you as you venture forth and upon your return you will be well rewarded.

===

That took me about 1 minute to edit while I was eating my dinner. If everyone did this instead of whining on the forums, we'd have some semblance of a community.

To be fair, Duende always asks people to post stuff on the forums instead of e-mailing him about it.

That might not apply here, but it has for some quests in the past when people have been able to point out "Oh, it was using X instead of Y which comes from Z." so people could actually do the quest until the current quest imm was able to respond and/or fix. That sounds like community to me.

#8 Cyrell

Cyrell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3532 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Hey, don't get too upset by the stuff I write. Think of me as if I was an angry old man with a cane (and the cane has a hidden bayonet that I can stab you with).