Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

- - - - -

Mysterious Whysteria Vines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 Calum

Calum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1803 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:58 AM

You're not meant to survive wysteria vines at 60, or even 120.

But, still people try. Go figure.

#27 Havoc

Havoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

They aren't at all difficult to kill at 120.

#28 Wrynne

Wrynne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image

#29 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

(From Calum):
You're not meant to survive wysteria vines at 60, or even 120.

But, still people try. Go figure.

I wasn't trying to survive it. I know I can't. I just wanted to complete the quest.

#30 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

lern2Nezak

#31 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

(From Primus):
lern2Nezak

8O What does that mean?

#32 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

(From Havoc):
You'll be doing yourself a favor, first class sucks. :wink:

No, it does not.

:sheep::flame:

#33 Orly

Orly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

I vote we get rid of all the quests that are TOO HARD for the people camping level 60.

It's not easy doing the same tasks over and over again and projecting yourself as an expert.

#34 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:37 AM

(From Orly):
I vote we get rid of all the quests that are TOO HARD for the people camping level 60.

It's not easy doing the same tasks over and over again and projecting yourself as an expert.

Is too.

#35 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:51 PM

(From Qualnual):

(From Orly):

Is too.

Then the quest in question should not be difficult for you to complete.
It's not the character, it's the player.

#36 Reverence

Reverence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

Normally when I do this quest, the vines aren't even there, which is why I go in the first place. So I was thinking if the vines could be less aggro or not be no-flee, then this quest would be a lot easier to survive.

So you've completed this quest multiple times before without any sort of a problem, but because you've had a touch of bad luck finally running into a vine that's commonly known in the area, things now need to be changed?

There's a thinker.

#37 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:45 AM

(From Reverence):

Normally when I do this quest, the vines aren't even there, which is why I go in the first place. So I was thinking if the vines could be less aggro or not be no-flee, then this quest would be a lot easier to survive.

So you've completed this quest multiple times before without any sort of a problem, but because you've had a touch of bad luck finally running into a vine that's commonly known in the area, things now need to be changed?

There's a thinker.

Yes, because I'd like to be able to flee from it if I'm going to be sent into its room.

#38 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 06:48 PM

I find it slightly (only slightly!) amusing that you make it sound like the quest is and should be catered only to you and no one else =b
It's a quest! Expect challenges along the way.
Now, unless there's something totally wrong with it, like say the total time is shorter than conceivable or that you have to go through NPCs that can not be dealt with, foreboding an obstacle so extreme, it's absolutely impossible to complete...
Then that's a different story ;D

#39 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:01 PM

Catered only to me? Would the mob not being no-flee benefit only me?

I know I said that *I* would like to be able to complete it, but that's not me wanting the mob (not the quest) to be changed isn't going to benefit only me.

Besides, I'm not questing in Tellerium anymore. I haven't for over a month.

#40 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

C'mon, I'm pretty sure those vines are missing you already ;D

#41 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:41 PM

All characters are not equal. Its not a forced quest but there are ways aroudn that problem. They are givin you alternatives to which you are saying thats not good enough. You can still "Solo" the quest and just get an herb from someone or change your tactics. Its doable as intended i am sure.

#42 Darum

Darum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:37 PM

Ogre Village is hard. you need calm. and if you don't have it, you should do something you should ALWAYS do in an area you know you can't pwn with your pants down--> LOOK BEFORE YOU MOVE.
I can't wait for you to encounter the bridge monster.
No flee mobs suck for a reason. They're kinda there for you to be like goddamnit I'm an idiot, not, goddamnit this quest is flawed because it took me someplace that was hard so it could give me really good rewards and then I was too careless to watch out on my way back that I ran into a mob I couldn't handle and then I died and cried on MB and nobody loved me!
Thus, the appropriate level of heat from various people. Don't change the mob because low level noobs should be able to escape. If it were in cpk, hell yea they should change that mob, but it's not and it's supposed to be a lesson learned.

#43 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

(From Darum):
Ogre Village is hard. you need calm. and if you don't have it, you should do something you should ALWAYS do in an area you know you can't pwn with your pants down--> LOOK BEFORE YOU MOVE.
I can't wait for you to encounter the bridge monster.
No flee mobs suck for a reason. They're kinda there for you to be like goddamnit I'm an idiot, not, goddamnit this quest is flawed because it took me someplace that was hard so it could give me really good rewards and then I was too careless to watch out on my way back that I ran into a mob I couldn't handle and then I died and cried on MB and nobody loved me!
Thus, the appropriate level of heat from various people. Don't change the mob because low level noobs should be able to escape. If it were in cpk, hell yea they should change that mob, but it's not and it's supposed to be a lesson learned.

Uh, the rewards aren't that great. And I, as other lowbies, would be able to handle the mob if people were able to flee. I shouldn't have to rely on other people for me to do my intended-to-be-solo quest.

But you all are high levels because you didn't take the time to realise what it's like to be low for a while.

This reminds me of when high-school Seniors bully the freshman (though no, I'm not being bullied). Whatever.

#44 Tamlin

Tamlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

Most of those highbies have been and were for lowbies for a significant amount of time and are giving you the experience they learned from running in and getting mudstomped.

There are many many methods of getting past them, fleeing away from them or avoiding them altogether.

The replies are more of a blunt, "look we have answered your questions and tried to help and we realize you are looking to complain just to complain at this point and for that only a few people have the time"

You are not reliant on any one and there are scrolls, items, spells. (players / herbs) are just another option although it involves 1 other person in a MULTIPLAYER game.

#45 Guest_qualnual_*

Guest_qualnual_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

Yes, I know all that, but I just would assume that if a quest master asks you to do a quest all by yourself, then he or she expects you to do it all by yourself. Otherwise, it would say, "get someone else to help you."

#46 Orly

Orly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:20 AM

(From Qualnual):
But you all are high levels because you didn't take the time to realise what it's like to be low for a while.

You're right. You invented class camping. No one knows the game like you do. Are you a guide yet?

#47 Dawne

Dawne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

(From Qualnual):
Yes, I know all that, but I just would assume that if a quest master asks you to do a quest all by yourself, then he or she expects you to do it all by yourself. Otherwise, it would say, "get someone else to help you."

Actually, he or she would expect you to get the job done, be it with help or not.

#48 Vaine

Vaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

Now you're just pointlessly arguing semantics because you're not satisfied with the responses that have been given. You can't possibly post what you have and not see how utterly ridiculous it makes you sound.

#49 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

Yeah, but by that logic, then, buying items off of auction or from the bazar for a quest should not be done to complete your quest. Yet it is legal in MM to do so, assuming there's not going to be a 'quest' flag for quest items/quest kills in 4.3)