Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

v4.3 Beta Game Addition: Religion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#76 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

(From Duende):
what?

:doh:Ummmmm.... guess I should have posted the relevant quotes from
Message Board -> Feature Discussion -> 2308 - to this thread.

#77 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

(From Vassago):
I sort of get it, but the perception proficiency has nothing to do with religion.

Right, but should have everything to do with Sigil spamming proficiency. :wink:
:mrgreen: Unless the new area is now going to be under Xaventry.

#78 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:45 PM

Ok, getting this out from under the pun.
a) Are players/clans/alliances going to be able to influence the base points? (perhaps via alignment points, alliance favor points if the deity has a town(s), town mayor(s) standing if a deity holds influence in the town)
B) Are players with the highest rating for a given deity going to be able to change room stuff in the player's Sigil deity area.

(From Yodor):
Additional thoughts:
Taking a "rune" cue, will the whole (or specific deity) area be able to be influenced/changed by a deity/player with the most influence/highest deity rating (or perhaps just in the deity area that the player is following) with how much/long changes are effect influenced by the amount of favor points associated with the deity's town held by an alliance and/or deity's town mayor(s) standing.

#79 Ressa

Ressa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but wouldn't it make more sense to have the religions clan/alliance based? Shouldn't everyone of the same clan have the same belief system, thus having a common unity with one another? If we have multiple religious beliefs within a clan, I would think there would be conflict from a role-play perspective. If it were clan/alliance based this would make more use of the pacts that are currently held.

If a person of one belief is being attacked on the way to the deity then a person of the same clan or alliance should be able to get to them quickly rather than just another person with the same belief from another clan which could then be an enemy and attack them easily only because they had the same belief but are enemies.

Again, if I understood this incorrectly, please explain further. Thanks.

#80 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

lol @ rogue heaven.

#81 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

Sanguine practices polygamy.

Or polytheism.

Or both.

#82 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

Ressa: That's up to the clans/alliances. If you want to segment them that way, it's an option, like some clans restrict to certain class groups/etc. already. You can get your clan members to all pick the same religion or so forth if that is desired. Religions, however, I wanted to keep separate from clans/alliances from a "forced code" perspective, as it's sort of a personal thing.

#83 Darum

Darum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:03 AM

I think regardless of how clans/allainces choose to follow one religion, no one power can become super dominated--maybe some way of distributing power among members? That way, a weak power with a few members has a few, well-powered players, and ones with super massive uber gargantuan membership, each member gets a share of the overall favor.
Also, nobody should be able to dictate who joins what relgion, or else "religion" becomes Clan Wars with special clan powers.
And the pimped out alliances get all the loot.
which is lame.

#84 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Incentive to join the pimped-out alliances.

#85 Ororo

Ororo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:55 PM

What does this mean:

Druids serve and respect all of the Powers and may call upon their
primal forces when needed. A druid will never call upon the One except
in a dire emergency, for the One embodies the combined forces of all
the Powers and is almost impossible to control without losing oneself
in the channeling.

#86 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Advanced druidry :) Secrets lost to the ages.

#87 Balimos

Balimos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

So, does every power, deity, sub-power, whatever on the religion list have a clergy mob somewhere for it and able to be followed by a player?

#88 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

Yep.

#89 Elbereth

Elbereth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:28 AM

Has no one complained about this being an archon only feature?

#90 Primus

Primus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1846 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:02 AM

Archon, then.

#91 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Yes, they have complained. It's still being added to and developed, so we shall see what happens in the future.

#92 Ororo

Ororo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

piety seems a little messed up. why are mobs that used to drop it no longer doing so? are they going to constantly change?

#93 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Huh?

Piety was added in 4.3. There's been a large number of NPCs that SHOULD give it out along with marks, that haven't, due to a bug. We have a list of everyone who has received those marks and plan on giving piety to all of them as soon as we can fix the bugs, but for a variety of reasons out of our control that hasn't been able to happen yet.

#94 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

(From Ororo):
piety seems a little messed up. why are mobs that used to drop it no longer doing so? are they going to constantly change?

:doh: :quiet: It's a mini thing, gotta figure out what to give them to get them to drop. :lol:

#95 Ororo

Ororo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:59 AM

(From Vassago):
Huh?

Piety was added in 4.3. There's been a large number of NPCs that SHOULD give it out along with marks, that haven't, due to a bug. We have a list of everyone who has received those marks and plan on giving piety to all of them as soon as we can fix the bugs, but for a variety of reasons out of our control that hasn't been able to happen yet.

No, it's not a mini thing. I'm talking about mobs that were dropping the items that give you piety. Some stopped doing so. Were they farmed too much? I don't want to mention the mobs here, catch me in game if you want details. These were mobs that were fairly easily accessible. Now it seems that only mobs in cpk are rewarding you with piety, which seems like a deliberate change, so I was curious.

#96 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:48 AM

:doh: :wall: Charm'em and take them to the facilities at Telovan.

#97 Ororo

Ororo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:34 PM

(From Yodor):
:doh: :wall: Charm'em and take them to the facilities at Telovan.

That can't be done with what I am talking about.

#98 Dopul

Dopul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

(From Alondra):
It's one thing to choose not to follow a single Power exclusively, but I don't understand how someone can be an atheist in Alyria.

An atheist would have to:
1) Refuse to sacrifice anything to the Powers.
2) Find a new way to resurrect. Do the "Powers take pity" on faeries?

If #2 is possible for non-faeries, then I can see the beginning of atheism and an Anti-Power movement.

Agreed. Resurrect should be a spell for anyone following a religion. Because your 'calling upon the powers'. An 'athiest' should not, nor would they, call uppon a power they do not bileave in to resurrect someone. Thus, resurrect should be a spell for someone following a religion, not for a said 'athiest'.

As fas as sacrafice, again, agreed. Why would you sacrafice something, but not bileave in a higher power? The sacrafice comand should also bo restricted for all that bileave in a power. And not for those who don't.

$0.02