Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously, yo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#26 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

This is one quest out of over three thousand. When you get to be this size there are going to be some things that creep in, and they become part of the game culture - there's bound to be some places where real world intersects with the game.

Taking them away for the goal of pure RP immersion isn't always the best solution because there's already so many artifacts like that, that have built up over the years, given that this game is about 14 years old now. We do fix bugs and remove stuff that's obviously a bug, but I don't think this one quest is anything to get worked up about. Almost any major RP game I can think of has little "shout outs" woven into various spots, this doesn't seem like it's anything unusual.

This game also isn't advertised as RP-required. If we were RP-required, we definitely would have stricter standards, but it is "RP Encouraged", for which there are more relaxed standards. Given the tiny, tiny amount of things like this in the game, and how infrequently they're encountered, I'm not convinced it's going to ruin anyone's fun.

Do I want a bunch of these sorts of quests? No. Will we accept future ones? I can practically guarantee, no. Have we had anyone submit quests like this over the past several years, since that is how long this quest has been in the system? I haven't seen any.

#27 Linnea

Linnea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:02 AM

(From Vassago):
This game also isn't advertised as RP-required. If we were RP-required, we definitely would have stricter standards, but it is "RP Encouraged", for which there are more relaxed standards. Given the tiny, tiny amount of things like this in the game, and how infrequently they're encountered, I'm not convinced it's going to ruin anyone's fun.

100% agreed with Vassago. What's wrong with having a bit of fun in-game? That's more than half the reason I play. Actually probably more like 90% of it. Moderating every tiny little thing in order to make it perfectly RPG or whatever would just be exhausting, and frankly rather boring.

Also, the only real disagreements with this quest I've seen so far is someone I've never seen online, so I'm fairly sure the current playerbase is ok with the idea of having a joke. Even if it's a lame one (which are really my specialty).

Then again from what I've seen a lot of the negative posts on these boards are from people who don't play anymore and have personal qualms with it for their own reasons. Which is probably why I don't often read them. I'm pretty happy just enjoying the game as I do, and continuing to meet more awesome people, whether they be old or new players! :wink: