Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Superlative '10 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#1 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:07 PM

Talk trash.

#2 Yodor

Yodor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:45 PM

Templeton's to far to walk to and obviously flying there is out of the question.
So, why isn't there a, "Player who asks to many questions? <1,2,3>"

#3 Ledatic

Ledatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:11 AM

me for everything. i win

#4 Kaczia

Kaczia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:54 AM

(From Ledatic):
me for everything. i win

Going to nominate you for worst post of the year.

Anyway, I'll get this superlatives conversation rollin:

I've been debating "worst change of the year", and I'm actually having a hard time coming up with an answer. I've got a ton of things I'd say were great changes for the game... but nearly everything I come up with as being semi-annoying, I can rationalize in my head why it's a beneficial change.

The one change that I think really irritates me the most is (selfishly enough) the change to Multiply Magic, and the apparent lack of "high level magical items" to compensate for it. Another idea I've heard is the world gate and recall area changes. All these world gate pairings to little villages I have little interest or need in going to are mighty annoying.

Any other ideas?

#5 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:29 AM

Because worldgates near little villages to help you recall/gohall faster is a bad thing.

Worst change of the year is high level mob defenses no longer being affected by slow.

#6 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:47 PM

(From Thaen):
Worst change of the year is high level mob defenses no longer being affected by slow.

Damn there's no "like" button.

:sheep::flame:

#7 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:30 PM

You all should follow suit with Alondra and whoever Throm is and list me as worst pker. That way I can win something!

#8 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

Just a note, I'm going to be fairly liberal in discounting votes. You're welcome to vote for people/clans that don't exist for best current/worst current whatever, but I'm just going to ignore those.

Also, looking at these ballots, I want some of whatever some of you people are smoking.

Lastly, try to encourage your friends to fill this out. The more people that vote the better the results (...maybe) and the more fun it should be. Also if people want to mail me ballots they can I guess. Or if they want to annotate their ballots, if it's entertaining I'll include some comments when I put out the final thing.

#9 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:42 PM

Will you throw out votes for deleted characters in the "of all time" categories?

#10 Alondra

Alondra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2180 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

I don't agree with the concept of throwing away votes from legitimate ballots, for any reason. The odds are already stacked against deleted and inactive characters. If they win, they deserve it. If the winner of a category is 'nonsensical', that's just how the votes play out sometimes. There have been weird winners in the past.

#11 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

No, deleted characters/clans make perfect sense for all time categories.

#12 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:24 PM

I'm gonna post this to my FB then :D

:sheep::flame:

#13 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

Nonsensical wouldn't be like when your best pker list loses to your worst pker list would it? Whoever has a post like that is clearly an idiot.

#14 Throm

Throm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1977 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

"All time" rankings are time- and environment-relative. I don't expect that you have a firm grasp on relativity, so I won't bother arguing with you about why Justin Bieber isn't the better musical artist just because he's currently outselling the Beatles.

#15 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

to Birger: Learn to walk before you can talk? Learn to read before you post on the wrong thread looking like a complete retard. The fact that you have 4k quests and still can't pk or do really... anything, doesn't prove to us that you OR your character is any good.

#16 Mikmokettte

Mikmokettte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:39 AM

All this is just proving how R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D are the "worst players" categories.

What kind of sociopath would take pleasure in creating mischief in such a small community just before CHRISTmas... oh wait... :bomb: :bomb: :house: :flame: :house: :flame:

#17 Matthia

Matthia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

I'm sorely disappointed that I'm losing to ?, 1, 2, 3 and "i cant think of anymore" in the guide category.

I'll be more surly this year in response.

#18 Erithiaen

Erithiaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

damn, i new i forgot some names. i was hard pressed to think of any guides and i kept signing on to see who guide if i had missed anyone. i remember you helping this year though :)

#19 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 02:55 AM

Your name is too close to "Math" which we all know is evil, and not close enough to "meth" which we all know is made out of pure holiday spirit.

#20 Vintara

Vintara

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6715 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

It's also a bit like someone saying 'Messiah' with a lisp, which can be confusing at this time of year.

#21 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

Tsk. Worst PKer... I have you I intentionally did bad. I didn't want to end up like the PKers that were so good people wouldn't fight them.
Thus, I'd charge into battles with half SP, less than max health, what people called CPK gear, and so forth, even if it was me vs a form. (Albeit, wearing the wrong spellbook was accidental.)
Win or lose, I enjoyed PK. :)

Also, when I actually quit, I stopped complaining.
I originally quit, returned a month later, focused on playing alts who could still level, and went back to posting. I did go inactive because I wanted Vass fix a issue my character experienced, but never got him to respond to any emails. Then quit for good due to other reasons.

#22 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Sup guys?

#23 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members