Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Maldra Keep quest submissions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ifrit

Ifrit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:27 AM

I'm gonna try submitting a few quests myself on this thread,I haven't really written many myself and I don't think I'm very good at writing descriptions either. So I'm just really giving it a shot since Duende is asking for a decent amount of quests for Lord Maldra and has received none.

#2 Ifrit

Ifrit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:29 AM

Oh, apparently theres no more review page to revise what I'm gonna post. Ok, well.... Heres my first quest submission anyway.

Quest name: Sudden Sicknesses
Submitted by: Ifrit
Level: 241

Quest Master: Lord Maldra
Recently there has been a rapid increase of deaths due to disease. People are dying of
new various illnesses that are occuring daily yet doctor Gonzo has yet to find a cure or
treatment. I no longer think he is needed for his practices, the staff and civizilians
of my keep are still dying. I'd like you to let Doctor Gonzo know that his services are no
longer needed and that his career here has been terminated. I'd take care of the matter
myself but my days of battle have long been over. After his death I'd like for you to visit
the staff of the hospital, encouraging them to keep up the good work and also letting them know
that their employment is still heavily encouraged. As well, there were several women that died
to this plague following the birth of their newborns. Rid of their contageous offspring as well.
Goals:
Goal 1: Visit a burly nurse
Goal 2: Defeat Doctor Gonzo
Goal 2: Visit a frantic nurse
Goal 4: Defeat 3 of a baby

#3 Ifrit

Ifrit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:31 AM

I also did that in notepad and I don't know how the description turned out all screwy like that :X

#4 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:19 AM

There's an edit button for awhile after you post. There's also an email address for things of this nature.

#5 Ifrit

Ifrit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:34 AM

I was told by an immortal to submit quests on the forums, and not by email. And its good to know posts can be edited within a 15 time period, thanks. ;)

#6 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:07 AM

Maybe they were thinking of the seasonal quests... you can submit regular ones through the Support page form or email though. I'll check this one out :)

#7 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

[PKTALK C] Kurik: 'who broke unlimited quests in keep'
[PKTALK C] Gulin: 'Duende was only turning it on for 5 hours originally last night but it got left on longer than intended'
[PKTALK C] Kurik: 'WUT! why :('
[PKTALK C] Mischka: 'it should be permanent :('
[PKTALK C] Scrooge: 'submit 100 keep quests' [59]
[PKTALK C] Gulin: 'Every 10 submitted keep quests he'll turn it on for a while'
[PKTALK C] Gulin: 'And perm with 100 or 150 or something'
[PKTALK C] Duende: 'there's a thread started on the site forums, submit quests there.'

I guess Duende doesn't want to deal with email.

#8 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:28 AM

Ah, I didn't see that.

#9 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

This quest [doopdoop] is called 'Burning Hatred',
for Adventurers levels 240 to 241.
Lord Maldra is the master in charge of this quest
Lord Agrippa, how I loathe that smug bastard. Even now he sits upon his
throne of lies laughing at my plight. He mocks me even now. Even with all the
power and prestige I have achieved. Even now, he speaks cruelly of my deeds.
I hate him, I hate him so much. It is time to send a message--one that pompous
fool should hear all too clearly. I shall lay waste to his court, his precious
town of Rune, and, ultimately, his life.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive:
*Up to 95 quest points, 10 practice points, 0 experience points, and
50,000 gold pieces.
You have 400 Alyrian minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Phase 1: Defeat Sir Midian.
Phase 2: Defeat The knight, Sir Tristan.
Phase 3: Defeat The Court Jester.
Phase 4: Defeat Bashedu the Court Wizard.
Phase 5: Deliver a vial of hatred juice to Lord Agrippa.

#10 Vorare

Vorare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

Questmaster: Lord Maldra
This quest is called 'Verily, I Doth Proclaim', for Adventurers levels 241 to 241.
Description of Verily, I Doth Proclaim:

The Self-Proclaimed Master of All Evil, Yourban, has been making some concerning movements lately, the most being a arshelling of his troops and concentrating them in a position suspiciously close to my Keep. Even worse, he's not doing a damn thing to hide any of this, and has even gone so far as to send an envoy here on a diplomacy mission, which is obviously only a scout observing my defenses. Well, I'm not willing to lose numerous troops, and even citizens unable to protect themselves if he dares to attack, so I've got an idea that'll tidily sweep this whole mess up under the rug. Dispatch Yourban himself, and none of his soldiers will ever dare fathom doing likewise if they take over, which'll save me a lot of worrying. Anything he has is yours to take, along with a bonus from myself for quashing this issue.

Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up to 200 quest points, 10 practice points, 0 experience points, and 0 gold pieces, and 2 beautiful crystal prisms.
You have 560 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Verily, I Doth Proclaim consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat Yourban. (Dungeon Deceit)(Special claudications: PCs in the room, or in your form, invalidates the kill.)

This quest is called 'Master of Evil, Or Propoganda?', for Adventurers levels 240 to 241.
Description of Master of Evil, Or Propoganda?:

I've gotten reports of Yourban engaging in some honestly unbecoming recruiting tactics, the likes of which do not suit such a position, even if it is one in name only, or as an abstraction. It's simple to figure out whether his troops are really there out of fear and respect for power, or lies and mistruths. Test them to see if they truly believe in his cause. See if they will die for him. If they are believably in thrall with their Master, they will perish before you, and I will be satisfied. Though even if they flee from you in panic, I will still be pleased, for it means they are nothing to worry about.

Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive up
to 150 quest points, 7 practice points, 0 experience points, and 75,000 gold pieces.
You have 480 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Master of Evil, or Propoganda? consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat a Brotherhood of Death. (Dungeon Deceit)
Phase 2: Defeat a vex. (Dungeon Deceit)
Phase 3: Defeat a blood knight. (Dungeon Deceit)
Phase 4: Defeat a maelstrom. (Dungeon Deceit)
Phase 5: Defeat a heretic. (Dungeon Deceit)

This quest is called 'Tangled in Deceit', for Adventurers levels 120 to 150.
Description of Tangled in Deceit:

Some of my tasks tend to frequent the Dungeon of Deceit, and as you'll undoubtedly venture there in your future, my advisors have suggested I create a promotional tour of the area to new or young adventurers so that they can gain their bearings in the area before I issue them time-sensitive missions that required complete knowledge of their surroundings to have a hope of accomplishing, and their logic is sound. You can speak to Quenya Stardust, a fixture in the beginning of the crawl, as to general directions in your quest, though fear not, you won't have to venture too deep or face any great danger in this particular excursion.

to 65 quest points, 7 practice points, 75,000 experience points, and 25,000 gold pieces.
You have 120 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Tangled in Deceit consists of:
Phase 1: Visit Quenya Stardust. (Dungeon Deceit)
Phase 2: Journey to Dungeon Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on previous Phase, Hidden)(Using clanannwn, room 18257)
Phase 3: Journey to A Damp Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on previous Phases, Hidden)(^, 18245)
Phase 4: Journey to Dungeon Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on previous Phases, Hidden)(^, 18231)
Phase 5: Journey to Small Room. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18085)
Phase 6: Journey to Massive Cavern. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18057)
Phase 7: Journey to A Damp Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18237)
Phase 8: Journey to Small Room. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18090)
Phase 9: Journey to Broad Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18141)
Phase 10: Journey to Diamond Halls. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18163)
Phase 11: Journey to Broad Corridor. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18220)
Phase 12: Journey to Diamond Halls. (Dungeon Deceit)(Dependent on Previous phases, Hidden)(^, 18157)

This quest is called 'What's Kraken, Mate?', for Adventurers levels 220 to 240.
Description of What's Kraken, Mate?:

Lady Maldra has been on a rather annoying seafood kick lately, requesting of me to procure either outrageously expensive, or devilishly rare catches. This time she's decided on a rather esoteric choice of kraken meat, and as usual, she's decided it has to be of the utmost quality. That excludes any of the lake-dwellers, as who knows what the goblins and giants have been doing in there to sully the krakens. That leaves just one choice, the Kraken that lies within Pirate's Cove. Before you head out there, though, speak to Mama Lois as she'll be handling the dinner, and will be able to give you advice as to the choicest regions of the body from which you shall gather my wife's dinner.

to 65 quest points, 5 practice points, 125,000 experience points, 25,000 gold pieces, and a fragment of a Vandemaar Orb.
You have 240 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
What's Kraken, Mate? consists of:
Phase 1: Visit Mama Lois. (Maldra's Keep)
Phase 1: Defeat The Kraken. (Pirate's Cove)(Dependent on Previous phase, Visible)
Phase 3: Visit Mama Lois. (Maldra's Keep)(Dependent on previous phase, Hidden)

This quest is called 'A Conspiracy Is Afoot, for Adventurers levels 220 to 240.
Description of A Conspiracy Is Afoot:

An intelligence operative at work inside the Keep had delivered a rather disturbing parcel to me. One of the prophets I keep in employ has had a vision of rebellion, of a mutiny from within the walls of my very own castle, and I shall suffer not usurpation of my throne while I still draw breath. Seek out this prophet and clarify, if you can, the individuals in this revelation, then find them as well, and erase them from this world so that their plans will not come to pass and there shall be no fruition of the fruits of their labors. After all is said and done, return to the prophet and see to it that the future is free of fermenting dissent, and a princely reward shall be yours.

to 125 quest points, 10 practice points, 350,000 experience points, 75,000 gold pieces, and 3 of a fragment of a Vandemaar Orb.
You have 900 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
A Conspiracy Is Afoot consists of:
Phase 1: Visit a prophet. (Maldra's Keep)
Phase 2: Defeat 2 of a firbolg. (Maldra's Keep)(Dependent on phase one)
Phase 3: Defeat a firbolg guard. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 4: Defeat 2 of a large fire giant. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 5: Defeat a lava mephit. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 6: Defeat 2 of a grell. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 7: Defeat an ice troll. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 8: Defeat 2 of a mudman. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 9: Defeat an earth elemental. (Maldra's Keep)(^)
Phase 10: Visit a prophet. (Maldra's Keep)(Dependent on all previous phases, Visible)

This quest is called 'Amongst Thy Peers', for Adventurers levels 121 to 179.
Description of Amongst Thy Peers:

I've noticed that adventurers in your bracket of power tend to gather in the wilds of Beltane to slaughter creatures together in an effort to strengthen themselves, and an advisor has suggested I offer rewards to adventurers to motivate them to do similar, while serving to instill in them a desire to return here in their more advanced stages of their careers, a notion which I relish. I've picked a rather even spread of targets all across the continent, with a slightly higher concentration in that desert as that looks to be rather favored upon by your peers.

to 125 quest points, 7 practice points, 25,000 experience points, and 25,000 gold pieces.
You have 300 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Amongst Thy Peers consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat 4 of a crimson dragon. (Alyria)(Must be on the Beltane continent)
Phase 2: Defeat 4 of a skeletal hydra. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 3: Defeat 4 of a hell puppy. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 4: Defeat 9 of a desert kinsman. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 5: Defeat 6 of a sand golem. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 6: Defeat 6 of an ebony golem. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 7: Defeat 4 of a prehistoric lake kraken. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 8: Defeat 4 of a swamp hydra. (Alyria)(^)

This quest is called 'Malicious Mountaineers', for Adventurers levels 120 to 180.
Description of Malicious Mountaineers:

One of my operatives at work here on Beltane has informed me of a disturbing turn of events, an insidious band of rebels from the Mycanos mountain and surrounding regions has gotten the idiotiic idea in their heads that destroying the nearby World Gate would be a good idea. Such an event would be disastrous enough on the day to day business here in my Keep, it'd be far worse for long-range trade and more clandestine going-ons. Therefore, I need you to go and find these insurgents, and stop them, post haste. There's no telling if even some minor damage to the world gate would be enough to prevent it's use, so act alacritously and wipe them out before they can even congregate at their goal, much less initiate their plans.

to 60 quest points, 8 practice points, 55,000 experience points, 65,000 gold pieces and two fragments of a Vandemaar Orb.
Malicious Mountaineers consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat 8 of a crimson dragon. (Alyria)(Must be on the Beltane continent)
Phase 2: Defeat 8 of a skeletal hydra. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 3: Defeat 8 of a hell puppy. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 4: Defeat 8 of a mountain giant. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 5: Defeat 8 of a desert kinsman. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 6: Defeat 8 of a sand golem. (Alyria)(^)
Phase 7: Defeat 8 of a mountain giant. (Alyria)(^)

This quest is called 'Survey the Sands', for Adventurers levels 121 to 151.
Description of Survey the Sands:

With the numerous adventurers that frequent my Keep needing attending to, as well as the obligations made necessity by my position, I rarely have the time to do any sight-seeing on a personal basis, which has me a bit disappointed, and when you throw in Lady Maldra being in a bit of a fugue lately, lamenting on how poorly things are going for her, it's been wearing me thin. To fix both problems, I can send you on a tour of the continent to visit the villages I so long to see, and have you regale me with tales of their occupants and scenery. While you're in those villages, you can pick up a few items that will hopefully... enlighten her and quiet her down.

to 45 quest points, 4 practice points, 105,000 experience points, and 10,000 gold pieces.
Survey the Sands consists of:
Phase 1: Journey to A Yurt. (Colyon)
Phase 2: Journey to The Central Processing Plant. (Takhtin)
Phase 3: Recover a bowl of slave soup. (Gorth)
Phase 4: Visit Jacques, suave keeper of the Sandy Mug. (Mulakanathos)
Phase 5: Deliver a bowl of slave soup to Lady Maldra. (Hidden until all previous goals are completed)

This quest is called 'The Sands of Time Have All But Run Out', for Adventurers levels 121 to 179.
Description of The Sands of Time Have All But Run Out:

I awoke to an insidiously horrendous din this morning, accompanied by an equally revolting notion delivered in the form of two simple messages. Armies have risen up against me, separate ones no less, in each of the desert landscapes. I wouldn't really have much issue with that, beyond the headache they gave to me at an infuriatingly early time. but they've taken up the notion of hoisting me out of my own keep with their combined arms. This angers me moreso than their insensitive celebration and woeful regards to time. Go and wipe both armies from the face of Alyria, and leave no stone unturned in your quashing of them so their unarmed brethren remember my ire is not something to seek out.

to 95 quest points, 7 practice points, 0 experience points, 0 gold pieces, three fragments of a Vandemaar Orb and a didactic parchment.
You have 420 minutes remaining to complete this quest.
The Sands of Time Have All But Run Out consists of:
Phase 1: Defeat 15 of a desert kinsman. (Must be in Lyons Desert, Tall Dunes, Craggy Rocks, or Lyons Bushes.)
Phase 2: Defeat 7 of a sand golem. (^)
Phase 3: Defeat 7 of an ebony golem. (^)
Phase 4: Defeat 15 of a desert kinsmen. (Must be in Sannan Desert, Sweeping Dunes, Sharp Rocks, or Sannan Bushes.)
Phase 5: Defeat 7 of a sand golem. (^)
Phase 6: Defeat 7 of an ebony golem. (^)

#11 Vorare

Vorare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

I only seemed to be able to edit my post once to fix it looking ugly in [code=auto:0] blocks, but after showing it to my friend, he says that some of the lower level quests I submitted could do with a bit more time and I see his point as valid.

#12 Notorious

Notorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

just a quick tip, unless you want your quests to be turned in the moment they are received, i'd tone down on the 8kills per mob quests. also killing yourban isn't really something you tend to do solo and seems a bit extreme for a quest. However ones like Tangled in Deceit are pretty good.

#13 Vorare

Vorare

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:29 PM

just a quick tip, unless you want your quests to be turned in the moment they are received, i'd tone down on the 8kills per mob quests. also killing yourban isn't really something you tend to do solo and seems a bit extreme for a quest. However ones like Tangled in Deceit are pretty good.

Even with Duende's offering to fix repops on items, I'd still rather go and kill things I know are there than kill something repeatedly and wait on an item that only might be there, and since people in the past have liked my quests, I wrote more like them. But you can refuse them. I won't mind.

And the soloing Yourban is not meant for fresh people, it's meant for those who know what they're doing or are stacked, but don't exactly feel like Nezak quests.

#14 Notorious

Notorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Quest master: Lord Maldra
Levels: 150-241
Quest name: Rock star!
Funds are running low, i can't continue my plots against Lord Agrippa without a new source of income. While strolling through my keep pondering ways to generate some new revenue, I had notice a wonderful sound coming from the Soundproof hallways. It seems that I have someone living in my keep who is a rather, extraordinary guitarist. After listening to him for a while a brilliant idea struck me. I shall put on a show for all to see, with him and his guitar being the main attraction. Everyone will be able to see the show, for a fee of course. However some work needs to be done, this is where you come in, Adventure. His looks are rather..dull and he has requested some instruments for rest of the lot he will be preforming with. Go on and get what he requires, and make haste, we need to get this show going as soon as possible!

to 95 quest points, 8 practice points, 65,000 experience points, and 35,000 gold pieces.

Phase 1: Journey to "Bard's Music Shop" (located in PC)
Phase 2: Locate and deliver a metal harmonica to Thornstang Glyffrukk (bought in pc)
Phase 3: Locate and deliver a small banjo to Thornstang Glyffrukk (bought in pc)
Phase 3: Locate and deliver a snare drumb to Thornstang Glyffrukk (bought/found in pc)
Phase 4: Journey to "Ring Shop" (located in PC)
Phase 5: Locate and deliver a beautiful emerald ring to Thornstang Glyffrukk (bought in pc)
Phase 6: Locate and deliver a silver band to Thornstang Glyffrukk (bought in pc)
Phase 7: Journey to a Soundproof Hallway. (keep)