Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Difference between Royal Blue Persian Carpet and the Wooden Rocking Horse?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Luala

Luala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

What are the Differences between those two items?
I believe they are both travel items? But what are their limitations/ advantages and disadvantages? which is the one most worth getting?

Thanks!

#2 Luala

Luala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

Or, if there are other better travel items (Quest items), please let me know!

Thanks!

#3 Gulin

Gulin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

The rocking horse costs 9000 quest points, travels 10 rooms per 3 secons, and has an owner-only flag which means the item can not be taken or stolen by others, unless you give it to them or drop it inside of a container.

The quest carpet costing 9000 quest points also travels slightly faster, 15 rooms per 3 seconds, but does not have an owner only flag which means you run a greater risk of people being able to pick it up off the ground or CPK it from your inventory.

If you pay attention other people picking up your travel item should not come as a problem, but the owner-only flag can function to keep your item safe if you don't have a trunk or pouch to store your item in. Obviously the carpet will move much faster, but at the price of having to be more careful with it.

#4 Vivi

Vivi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Owner-only is also useful because if you happen to be mounted and drop it, you can at least pick it up again later without worrying about ppl picking it up before you (provided you remember where). See the thread "Lost My Broom ..heavy sigh" in general discussion :S

#5 Luala

Luala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

Thank you! I was just also wondering, both items go into your inventory right after you pick them up? Also, can the rocking horse also act as a mount? Thanks :)

#6 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Yes, items appear in your inventory when you pick them up. No, the rocking horse cannot double as a mount, it's just an object. For an example of how movement objects work see if you can get someone to cast the magic carpet spell for you, or go find the cauldron near the witch's hut in Rune.