Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Nodrop spellbooks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Excali

Excali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:37 AM

Hi, i was just wondering... are theses quest items:

Spellbook bound in black leather
and spellbook bound in octarine leather

Nodrop or not be cpk'ed?

If not, are there any spellbooks out there that are non-cpk?

I might be going on a bit of a tangent here, but I'm also rather confused about how cpk works. Do the items you have equipped or held become dropped (and cpk'ed) when you die? Or is it just items in your inventory?

Thanks! :)

#2 Thralk

Thralk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:28 AM

As far as I know, there is one CPK-proof spellbook, however it is for hardcore characters. (Copper spellbook.) If you have a CPK-proof container (Vendemaar Trunk, Belt Pouch), however, you can store your book safely in that and not have to worry about it.

A CPK will force you to leave behind a large number of your possessions, including your equipped gear and inventory. Some items and containers are not affected by this and will never be left behind. Your assailant then, has the opportunity to pick through the things you left behind on your corpse.

#3 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

Most people in cpk will remove their nicer spell books and use the spells they memorize, or have smaller spellbooks for cpk. It's really not a big deal for most paths, as in most cpk situations you can memorize most of what you need.

To add a bit onto what Thralk said, the equipment you drop is somewhat random (you wont necessarily drop everything), and players will obviously take anything valuable. Some mobs will also loot your corpse, so you need to be careful with those. When you die, you're presented with a nice list of what's in your corpse :)

Getting cpked can vary in terms of impact. When Im active, I get cpked at least twice a week by mobs (and I spend most of my active time in cpk). On the other hand, I don't think I've ever lost more than a mil in gear to a player via cpk. As a new player, there are very few reasons you should have to go into most cpk areas, and there is no reason for you to take expensive gear into cpk, especially not at low levels. If you're careful, you can mitigate most of the risks of cpk.

#4 Excali

Excali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

Thanks so much for the replies :)