Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Class Achievement and Class Restricted Quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Lord Agrippa has asked several of the quest masters of Alyria to send him shining examples of their class. Each class can request their Class Achievement quest from their hometown's quest master. These quest masters will also have 14 of the class restricted quests available for players of that class. After the player proves themselves to Lord Agrippa, they will be rewarded with a mark indicating they are a master of their class. Thieves can quest in New Rigel, clerics in Xaventry, mages in Sigil and fighters in Tellerium.

All issues that have previously been mentioned on these message boards (including the piety issue with the cleric quests) have been addressed and will be fixed after next reboot. Any other issues with any of the Class Achievement or class restricted quests should be posted in this thread or e-mailed directly to Bran@ingenii.com

#2 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

A ranger clannie of mine cannot complete phase #5 of quest [32169], 'Ranger Magic'

Phase 5: Use 'Dispel Magic' on a member of the Dark Brotherhood to remove Sanctuary.

They have been visible, removed all other affects, and tried repeatedly. I've watched them successfully dispel the affect off the correct mob several times.

#3 Pane

Pane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned on previous post, but if not.

This quest [32113] is called 'Barbarian Training !!',
for Adventurers levels 61 to 240.

The last phase of the quest is Phase 15: Complete Quest #32015 'The Next Class'. a level 55 to 60 quest.

#4 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Has anyone managed to get the following quests for the Monk Training !! metaquest:

Phase 8: Complete Quest #32163 'Monks and Magical Items'.
Phase 12: Complete Quest #32151 'Wizard Offensive Spells'.

Haven't been able to get them, and last I checked they weren't on Annwn.info

Thanks!

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

This quest [32181] is called 'Mesmerize',
(...)
Phase 4: Cast Mesmerize on a plagued rat.

You narrow your eyes, concentrating on the spell...
A plagued rat stares deeply into your eyes, seemingly unable to move.

... I didn't get credit for the phase. I even tried mesmerizing all the other rats, in case a specific one of them was intended as a target. Still no luck.

Phase 4: Cast Mesmerize on a plagued rat.

#6 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

I managed to confirm that "Monks and Magical Items" is available. However, I haven't found anyone who has been able to get Quest 32151 'Wizard Offensive Spells'.

Interestingly, I'm getting a different mage-specific quest that is NOT listed as a phase of the meta:
This quest [32150] is called 'Mage Tricks', for Adventurers level 45 to 250. Unfortunately, the last Phase of this quest doesn't seem to work: Phase 6: Cast 'Blindness' on a gnome barbarian.

I cast blindness on the Sigil barbarians about 20 times, while visible, with no luck.

#7 Kaelor

Kaelor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

It appears that we can add the quest 32123 "charge" the cavalier quest in tellerium. The last phase.. "use charge against a crafty rogue" seems to be broken.

#8 Natelia

Natelia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

How long should it take to get the last quest for the meta quest from Agrippa?

I have been fishing (turned down over 150 quests hoping for the 1 i need) for this last quest/phase for 6 days now, i want to multi to 2nd class but my last quest is to visit Tower of Riga so I can't just leave it till I Archon, nor do i wish to repeat all 14 previous phases later on.

I thought class camping was discouraged but i feel like i'm being held hostage in 1st class I put in a lot of time and effort to complete the first 14 phases of it it feels like a waste to abandon it, and i would have to abandon it to complete it as an Archon because of the specific nature of quest #32015 'The Next Class' is only doable up to level 75.

#9 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Just to save Bran a post, Monk Manipulation !! has been updated with the correct phases, and they are working on fixing the bug in Mage Tricks. Also, Monks and Magical Items is in fact available.

#10 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

The quests for Mesmerize and Charge have been disabled, but fixed. Upon next reboot, they will be functioning correctly.

#11 Dunsell

Dunsell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Natelia, there are different class metaquests for different level ranges. If you get this metaquest at higher level, the last phase won't be the 'go to the tower of Riga' quest. It'll be the 'go to PG' quest. FYI. Or you could try to be patient. Hey, maybe you could set the record for most quests rejected waiting for that one quest. *cheer* *tickertape*

#12 Natelia

Natelia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I am sorry that you feel i am being impatient being 1st class for so long, but my skills/spells are done, I am ready to be 2nd class i want to be 120 before the Thanksgiving Global and my plans for marks, bosses and my progress forward are being held up by this class meta.

I don't want to turn it in unfinished, i am unable to abandon it even if I could abandon it, i would not want to redo the entire thing anyway.

And I can't multi and finish it later as the quest i need is level 55-60 only and requires the Tower of Riga.

Bran told me this quest is offered at a higher rate, but i have turned down almost 200 quest now trying to get this one, I am at the right QM and even have a timer that beep every 10 minutes after turning a quest own so i request promptly upon being available too

I have 99 quests done and want my 100th quest to be turned in to be in 2nd class

100 quests 1st class - level 60 - skills/spells done - and my main stat done...what reason other than this meta do i have to remain 1st class....? Since when is class camping encouraged?

#13 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

I agree in that, had I known it would take so long do to this meta, I would have just waited until hero. But now I've invested a lot of time in it, I feel like I should just wait it out. I'm at the end of my third day of camping Agrippa just for this Prove Yourself quest...

#14 Deathangel

Deathangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

lol around just over 2 weeks or so trying to get this psi achievement

#15 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

From what I've heard, these are intended to take 1-2 months to complete. I would imagine they intend you to get the meta early on in the class, and pick up sub-quests as part of regular questing though the class, with just a few left when you hit class level 60. You'd finish it up with regular questing while you do other end-of-class content.

Edit:
There are also several ongoing changes to the quest system being made. Weighting is being tweaked, etc. A lot of this is impossible to get just right without putting it on live and tweaking from there.

#16 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:42 AM

FYI, for those interested, it seems that the rate at which the Prove Yourself type quests are being given by Agrippa has been increased substantially. Thanks Bran!

#17 Smyrna

Smyrna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

For Quest 32180 Psionic Disruption. The old bag ladies in rune that you need to blind are currently blind immune.

#18 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

For Quest 32180 Psionic Disruption. The old bag ladies in rune that you need to blind are currently blind immune.

This is also a problem with the Monk blind quest target (gnome barbarians), and my understanding is that this will be resolved as soon as there is a system reboot.

#19 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why Lady Undya keeps proposing my druid the witch / cleric / shaman meta quest.
Shouldn't the meta be strictly aimed to the one of your current class ?

blum

#20 Bran

Bran

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Regarding the quests requiring the blind skill:

The quests have been altered (the special phase being removed) and will be functioning correctly (as well as the mobs) after the next reboot.

Regarding the offering of Achievement Quests not for your class:

That issue is being looking into. In the mean time, ALL class specific quests (including the achievements) will not penalize you if you turn them in incomplete. If you are having an issue receiving your class's achievement, e-mail me.

#21 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

I logged on this morning to find that one of the quests I had completed for my metaquest long ago, Quest 32141 'Famous Mages', is no longer listed as completed. Not sure what the deal is.... I've been trying to finish this metaquest for a while now, and it seems that anytime I take one step forward, I somehow end up two steps behind.