Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

OPERATION FIXOCEROUS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#1 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1611 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

Operation Fixocerous starts... now.

Posted Image

Send me an email, or reply here suggesting things that should be fixed, logically extended, hinted at, improved upon, or generally made better without specifically moving into "new content/functionality" territory.

When making requests, please be specific. Little things are welcome, like "fix Nub in Shlarksh; he's kind of stupid and can't play ball even when his sister asks you to", or "The help entry for lightning breath says you can shield block it, but I've blocked it 0/4000 times". Big changes are also welcome, like "Bosses that (useds to) rely on calm herbs to kill are really difficult relative to their rewards" [with citations/examples/data to back up such claims].

Please don't waste time or energy posting hurf durf jokes; posts will be deleted and offenders will be banned.

#2 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Small things:

weaken has no self-targeted landing string, some traps (the orc maze) seem to act like self-targeting the spell and there is no string for the affect.

gmcp.room lists player-kill-lawful and player-kill-neutral in the flags entry, but does NOT list player-kill-chaotic.

The build syetem test bed should probably have some failsafe to reset the first room. If someone puts some of the various access-restrictive (hc-only, follower-of-POWER, level limits, etc.) properties on the first room it bars players from even getting into the area to use the build system (if they could get into the first room, I think they might be able to then handle fixing any other blocked rooms.

#3 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

Where can you build that you can't recall or gohall to?

On that topic, though, the build system should support one-way exits with an escape path check.

#4 Shinde

Shinde

Class Terraformer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

The building sandbox in Rune.

#5 Perrin

Perrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Ooh! I know! The player referral system!

#6 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

I'm pretty sure this is already fixed for reboot but I'm gonna say it one last time just in case. evoke smoke.

#7 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

the spell fireball seems to do some pretty crazy damage.

#8 Carolyn

Carolyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

Minor stuff here.

With the ranger damage spells (electrogenic growth, for example), when it wears off a mob I see this message:
'The tiny electrical surges worming around your body find their way out.'
Seems to imply that you're the one the spell is wearing off of (and it is the same message you get when the spell wears off you). Confusing.

Also, may I suggest taking a look at the reports people have turned in using the 'typo' command? I realize they probably only come from me but typos make me sad. (Seriously, 'you here a turkey gobbling nearby.')

#9 Warrick

Warrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

-the religion commands. religion, religion info, and religion list are all identical.

-smoke evocation. maybe the other blinds are worth a glance too.

-the Chieftan/Chieftain rank in tribe clans. It should be one or the other, or at least have some gender connotation if both are used.

#10 Giantlady

Giantlady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:50 AM

I would think that grapple should work like bash in that you could type grapple and do it to whom you are in a battle with. Especially, since you have to be in a battle to grapple in the first place.

Also could grapple initiate battle like bash as well?

#11 Railin

Railin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Psionic blind doesn't seem to have a dispel string when it wears off naturally.

Gnome's racial ability on equipment sparking feels bugged, but I could just be horribly unlucky. Since I've archoned, my last gear set (before I quit, quite recently ago) has seen roughly 12 or so sparkings. Happened mostly on head and light.

Pyrokinesis' ability to blind seems to overwrite, or at least overlaps, with disrupt sight. (half the time the monster was still blind by disrupt sight, sometimes it was not, I'm guessing overlaps). Seems to work the same, from a player's perspective, as a weapon's flaming attribute, so that may need looking into.

#12 Perrin

Perrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Smoke evoke is indeed fixed for reboot, from my understanding.

Chieftan is for fellers, Chieftain is for ladies.

All forms of web overlap(are not mutually exclusive).

#13 Bahamutt

Bahamutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

I would like to bring up what a horribly weak spell malediction is when compared to spells that give similar debuffs.

according to help files and other players within the community, the spell weaken is 10% scc, costs 26 to 75 sp, and cannot be resisted. here's what it does to stats:

Spell: weaken - Level 240, modifies strength by -2 for 16 minutes.

Spell: weaken - Level 240, modifies accuracy by -6 for 16 minutes.

the spell faerie fire is 5% scc, costs 20 to 62 sp, also cannot be resisted. here is what this does:

Spell: faerie fire - Level 240, modifies ar by -4 for 48 minutes.

and finally, we have malediction, which is 34% scc, costs 54 to 135 sp, and checks against negativ-energy, which already gives a lot of the higher end mobs complete immunity from it, not to mention it can be resisted normally by most other mobs. so, where as weaken and faerie fire will succeed on the first cast, spamming malediction will eventually result in this:

Spell: malediction - Level 241, modifies accuracy by -2 for 20 minutes.

Spell: malediction - Level 241, modifies ar by -2 for 20 minutes.

For a class that is supposed to specialize in debuffs, this is a pretty weak spell. i would like to see this spell changed back to what it used to be, or at least bump it up a bit.

#14 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1611 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

[quote]weaken has no self-targeted landing string, some traps (the orc maze) seem to act like self-targeting the spell and there is no string for the affect.[/quote]

Added a string.

[quote]gmcp.room lists player-kill-lawful and player-kill-neutral in the flags entry, but does NOT list player-kill-chaotic.[/quote]

Vass has fixed this for reboot.

[quote]I'm pretty sure this is already fixed for reboot but I'm gonna say it one last time just in case. evoke smoke.[/quote]

Yep, fixed for reboot already.

[quote]the spell fireball seems to do some pretty crazy damage.[/quote]

Looks ok to me, but i'm adding a spell's base damage to help entries so you can see yourself.

[quote]With the ranger damage spells (electrogenic growth, for example), when it wears off a mob I see this message: 'The tiny electrical surges worming around your body find their way out.' Seems to imply that you're the one the spell is wearing off of (and it is the same message you get when the spell wears off you). Confusing.[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]-the religion commands. religion, religion info, and religion list are all identical.[/quote]

Vass is working on this, but it's not going to be in for a bit.

[quote]-smoke evocation. maybe the other blinds are worth a glance too.[/quote]

What about them?

[quote]I would think that grapple should work like bash in that you could type grapple and do it to whom you are in a battle with. Especially, since you have to be in a battle to grapple in the first place.[/quote]

Done.

[quote]Psionic blind doesn't seem to have a dispel string when it wears off naturally.[/quote]

Added.

[quote]Gnome's racial ability on equipment sparking feels bugged, but I could just be horribly unlucky. Since I've archoned, my last gear set (before I quit, quite recently ago) has seen roughly 12 or so sparkings. Happened mostly on head and light.[/quote]

It works, it's just a fallacy of small numbers.

[quote]Pyrokinesis' ability to blind seems to overwrite, or at least overlaps, with disrupt sight. (half the time the monster was still blind by disrupt sight, sometimes it was not, I'm guessing overlaps). Seems to work the same, from a player's perspective, as a weapon's flaming attribute, so that may need looking into.[/quote]

Pyrokinesis has a flame effect, which causes blindness, which is mutex with disrupt sight. I don't see anything wrong with it, from a brief glance.

[quote]I would like to bring up what a horribly weak spell malediction is when compared to spells that give similar debuffs.[/quote]

Buffed.

#15 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

Aegis : all buffs spells i know can be casted multiple times for extended duration. Aegis cannot,so requiring to be recasted every 20 minutes in game time at 75%.
Help file says duration is improved with knowledge of the spell. It's the only spell working that way

Aegis : the hepl files says that base on your spell knowledge, you can double the spell effect.
i've never been this happening. Either remove the help file lines, or add it . Of course i would prefer the second

As a remember, that spell cost 5 prac per % at archon level. So it's expected to be a badass spell :)

Domination / Charm : these spells are useless right now at end level.
Two suggestions :
I would dream be able to charm any summoned elemental (out of combat). Personality should be checked on that (first owner against new owner)
Any dungeon should have again some type of mobs charm-able. If the basic mobs levels are too high, introduce lower level mobs

Last point, which is more an evolution, so you may discard it freely : How come Psionic, master of mind and thought, are not able to see through illusion ? That boggles me

#16 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Quest items :
I'm making an asumption here : i think 90% of the players are focusing the quest points on 20% of the quest items available.
There's logical reason explaining this (everyone needs a decanter or a trunk), but i think it also means 80% of question items are too expensive for their cost.

Have a simple DB request run on the DB to know what items are the less bought, or even never own by any player, and lower their price accordingly

#17 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

This post aims to enhance archon player game.
I don't have kudos for the suggestion i made, i adapted them from
As a returning player my vision of the state of the game is that :
* equipment quality has progressed a lot, mainly : + flat damage + skill damage & resistance
* no way a new archon can compete with an old equiped one.
Wich is fine & logical.
What is questionnable is "should an old archon kill 2 new archons at once while playing xbox"
* equipment comes from :
run
neverwhen stuff (with a low probability to have something matching your skill / class)
=> consequences : ability to get average stuff solo is inexistant

*assumption : lots of dungeon are deserted : either they do not provide any stuff for an archon (for exemple : avarice), or they require a huge formation.
The last point is logical, but some tuning could adjust form size vs reward

Based on these points i suggest to introduce "hotzone dungeon", whose sole purpose would be to add a new way to make new content with old content, add intermediate stuff that could be gain solo or duo
All the ideas below can be taken solo or combined at will. This "hot donjon" would be a temporary status (1 week, 2 weeks), and would rotate between all game donjon.
Stuff gain that way should be mostly no auction, to prevent farming

1° create enhanced version of an old boss loot (legendary item), and add it to it's loot drop with an adjusted % chance to drop.
This way, player would be encouraged to visit older dungeon
2° create an enhanced version of an old boss, give him a % to pop instead of the original one at each respawn. That enhanced boss would have 100% chance to drop a new loot, or an enhanced loot of is base loot list (see 1°)
same purpose as 1°
3° Have a whole dungeon turn his CPK room into NPK room.
This way people not used to a certain run could dare attempting it without risking too much, even with subpar formatino.
That would turn into a true NPK mess, but who doesn't enjoy it
4° have a whole dungeon turns his CPK room into NPK room with psychotic
same as 3°, but add the psychotic flag for more fun

#18 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Attributes help file update :
I have no idea if the secrecy about attributes effect is wanted or not, but it makes it hard for new player to understand : what strenght is used for and to what extent, what personnality is effectively used for etc...
Some of the information on the actual website / help file seems ambiguous or out dated
ex :
Personality (from the web site) : This is a measure of a character's charm. It is not just a measure of how likable a character is, but helps to measure his or her ability to lead, negotiate, or otherwise interact with other characters.
=> is that really accurate ? ex : shop prices based on personality ?

Strenght : "how much damage you do with weapons" : can the real impact be known ?

Can you update it with the amount of information you're ready to reveal ?

#19 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Blumblum - Aegis may be cast in combat.

Add a string for Alchemical Attunement wearing off please? Something about your hunger lessening?

You eat a verdant green herbal mixture.
You begin to hunger for the taste of nature.

Perhaps more strings over cooldown timers being met.

#20 Paradox

Paradox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Cool downs still trigger on casting failure. For example resurrect. Spell shield cd is hideously long, maybe compensate and let it be cast in combat?

#21 Blumblum

Blumblum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

Blumblum - Aegis may be cast in combat.

yes that's true, i didn't take that in account in my judgement

#22 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Rework Lay Hands help file. More like say, any recent spell help file. No one seems to know a thing about this skill. Including the guide staff.

#23 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:05 PM

Aegis : the hepl files says that base on your spell knowledge, you can double the spell effect.
i've never been this happening. Either remove the help file lines, or add it . Of course i would prefer the second

That affect is granted by aegis skill-power. It works. However, there is already an updated that the way it works will be changed.

#24 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Rework Lay Hands help file. More like say, any recent spell help file. No one seems to know a thing about this skill. Including the guide staff.

The skill removes the spells listed in the help file. I have not tested other spells not listed.

#25 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

The problem with fireball damage is the same problem as that for all? projectile spells that have a chance to have multiples (fireball, iceball, tkslash, tkpierce, tkpunch come to mind).

I don't have numbers and im not going to get them. All of them are doing multiple projectiles far more often than not, which makes for way more damage.

He is right. I would say roughly 80% of my fireballs via music are doubles. Math states level/350, or 68.85714285714% for double balls.

Music is low 80's no reason they should be so powerful. Also, when did fireball become non shield block able? Iceball may still be blocked...