Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

OPERATION FIXOCEROUS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#26 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Does lay hands work in combat, in silent rooms or no-magic? How much up does it heal vs sp?

#27 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

The problem with fireball damage is the same problem as that for all? projectile spells that have a chance to have multiples (fireball, iceball, tkslash, tkpierce, tkpunch come to mind).

I don't have numbers and im not going to get them. All of them are doing multiple projectiles far more often than not, which makes for way more damage.

He is right. I would say roughly 80% of my fireballs via music are doubles. Math states level/350, or 68.85714285714% for double balls.

Music is low 80's no reason they should be so powerful. Also, when did fireball become non shield block able? Iceball may still be blocked...

Bleh. I didn't even know there was an entry on help files stating the %. Testing would have to be done to determine if its higher than that. 68% doubling seems too much to me at any rate.

Really bothers me more in pve. Bosses are doubling almost every single time which makes for mini-bolts.

#28 Minitaur

Minitaur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Something that's been in the system that was supposed to be implemented years ago were skills like fishing mining and other such jobs players could use to make money some how. I would LOVE to see those implemented. Fishing from a ship would be a wonderful character hobby:) Can't think of anything of the top of my head that needs improvement but i know there are things. If I can remember I will post them.

Thanks to you all for doing this!

#29 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'd say roughly half of my farts are atomic fire farts.

#30 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Spell: extinction - Level 483, modifies accuracy by -9 for 45 minutes

This spell lands for about 30 minutes AND is stackable. This is way too long for the dmg it does every tick.

On the other hand, energy orb lands for 0 ticks every single time.

#31 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

http://www.materiama...il-of-ragradorg

this item is totally absurd and the last time i checked it was still counting spectral auras. please consider making it more reasonable/removing auras from the items it checks.

#32 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

it seems like a doubled fireball is truly double damage now. i am pretty sure it used to be like 1.2 x damage.

#33 Warrick

Warrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

Chieftan is for fellers, Chieftain is for ladies.

negative

#34 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1613 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

[quote]Aegis : the hepl files says that base on your spell knowledge, you can double the spell effect. i've never been this happening. Either remove the help file lines, or add it . Of course i would prefer the second[/quote]

That's actually skill-power, which is totally different from how learned in a skill you are. It's been changed in any case.

[quote]Domination / Charm : these spells are useless right now at end level.[/quote]

There're game design problems with lots of available npcs for summoning/charming/whatever. It does have uses, but they're specialized.

[quote]Based on these points i suggest to introduce "hotzone dungeon", whose sole purpose would be to add a new way to make new content with old content, add intermediate stuff that could be gain solo or duo[/quote]

Boss loot solves a lot of the potential problems you're describing.

[quote]Add a string for Alchemical Attunement wearing off please? Something about your hunger lessening?[/quote]

Done.

[quote]Cool downs still trigger on casting failure. For example resurrect. Spell shield cd is hideously long, maybe compensate and let it be cast in combat?[/quote]

"on casting failure"? If you're talking about losing concentration, that's intentional- the solution is to practice spells. Resurrect's cooldown is only 1/3 minutes.

[quote]I don't have numbers and im not going to get them.[/quote]

That's not how this works. This is a data-driven initiative, if you're lazy, don't waste our time.

[quote]Rework Lay Hands help file. More like say, any recent spell help file. No one seems to know a thing about this skill. Including the guide staff.[/quote]

"Confused, immobilized, fatigued and harrowed victims" -- the help entry

[quote] Spell: extinction - Level 483, modifies accuracy by -9 for 45 minutes This spell lands for about 30 minutes AND is stackable. This is way too long for the dmg it does every tick.[/quote]

changed from 3+(level/20) -> 10+(level/50)

[quote]On the other hand, energy orb lands for 0 ticks every single time. [/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]www.materiamagica.com/equipment/the-flanged-flail-of-ragradorg[/quote]

Fixed. The script lore is "+++ the flanged flail of Ragradorg will, in combat, if its wielder's opponent is holding an artifact, to do 750 pure damage and sap 750 sp from that opponent, at a cost of 250 stamina, a maximum of once every four Alyrian minutes."
The 'holding' wasn't working, so now it will only trigger on artifacts held in the hand.

[quote]it seems like a doubled fireball is truly double damage now. i am pretty sure it used to be like 1.2 x damage.[/quote]

The damage is (damage * # of projectiles), which it always has been.

#35 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

How about doing something, anything, to limit counterspell spam.
its currently almost a 1 spell tactic as long as your base damage is higher.

#36 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

the religion skill power bonus for druids might not work.*Observant druids passively gain 10 skill power when evoking their Power.
Evoke fire may not work and there does not seem to be one for vandyne. This would influence my choice of religion pretty massively so so i am curious if they all work.

#37 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Enhance the help file for raise dukes?

#38 Sotano

Sotano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1614 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

According to the help file Guise of Nature gives +armor when your wood-prct >= 20.

I used an alchemical attunement herbal mixture, then cast guise of nature. My wood-prcnt was greater than 20 between both spells.

No +AR.

SOtano

#39 Nisin

Nisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Based on the following update:

3903	12-2-2011	Duende	Added the ability to "cast counterspell []. If you correctly guess the spell being cast, it will surge back at its PC caster at twice the level it was cast at originally.

Maybe this could be expanded to have a specific affect if you counterspell someone casting counterspell? As right now, counterspell surging back I don't think has any/much of an affect.

#40 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

3903	12-2-2011	Duende	Added the ability to "cast counterspell []. If you correctly guess the spell being cast, it will surge back at its PC caster at twice the level it was cast at originally.

Maybe this could be expanded to have a specific affect if you counterspell someone casting counterspell? As right now, counterspell surging back I don't think has any/much of an affect.

What if a third person counterspelled the person counterspelling counterspell? What would that do?

#41 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

No reason to think to hard about it. Just give it a cool-down that will only let it be cast every 3rd round or something. Once every 3 rounds seems ok.

#42 Catfishwoman

Catfishwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

What if a third person counterspelled the person counterspelling counterspell? What would that do?

WE MUST GO DEEPER

meow

#43 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:59 AM

No reason to think to hard about it. Just give it a cool-down that will only let it be cast every 3rd round or something. Once every 3 rounds seems ok.

Or you could cancel abjuration, use herbs, use a mirrorball, mem drain, mental disrupt, use different timing spells.

It is already far from 100% effective, making it a risky strategy to use instead of damage for finishing people off. One or two missed counters and they've now healed 400 some hp while you did absolutely nothing.

You seriously want to alter something like this that affects PvE so drastically because you lost a couple of arenas?

#44 Catfishwoman

Catfishwoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Please don't waste time or energy posting hurf durf jokes; posts will be deleted and offenders will be banned.

I missed this part and also missed my opportunity to edit, many catfish apologies.

#45 Batfish

Batfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:03 AM

the spell fireball seems to do some pretty crazy damage.

I've noticed that too. Same with iceball. Mostly because you can't shield block them. Did they ever used to be shield blockable, or are mobs just casting them more now?

#46 Jorne

Jorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Veldra's area should be no-cancel, cancelling bolts kinda negates the ability of the boss making the boss a joke.

#47 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

counterspell once every 3 rounds is not going to hurt pve. whats gona happen? beyonder gona own everyone or something? ok then how bout some other solution. limit counterspells ability to hit any spell cast. pick a cross section of spells and list them as the spells cs can affect.

#48 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:21 AM

raise dukes is still absurd. why should a single skill do all this.

* raise h2h damage by 35
* add emotes that double all damage from attacks for that round
* have the ability to backfire spells with uppercuts
* knock ppl down blocking them from doing anything for a round

i say remove the dbl damage and reduce the knocking down

#49 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

counterspell once every 3 rounds is not going to hurt pve. whats gona happen? beyonder gona own everyone or something? ok then how bout some other solution. limit counterspells ability to hit any spell cast. pick a cross section of spells and list them as the spells cs can affect.

More ways to deal with it:

Stack the room so that your opponent gets etheric polluted, which will not take long if they are indeed casting it every round.

flash bombs, bash, melee combat skills(sweep, strikes, etc)

#50 Deathray

Deathray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Reminder(s)

The Mark of Famine in Tellerium. I believe it was mentioned something about Kessler resetting if you left his room without giving him all the artifacts at the same time. If this was your report, please fill in the details.

The Mark of Extermination is tied to The Mark of Famine, as Famine releases hoards of 'a small cricket' onto the town. Unfortunately, some of those crickets end up spawning down in Yoravay's area which probably shouldn't be happening.

'You are a brave one !' Kessler exclaims to you. 'For giving me all five of the reagents I needed, I will let you choose which part of 
town I will send the swarm. Which would you like? Telleri's house? Town Square? South Pier? North Gate? or should we send them to Lord Telleri himself? 
Choose quickly my friend!'

Also:

+++ a coffin lid will, at least ten Alyrian minutes after being worn, when used to bash a PC over level 200 to death, cause that PC's suffering to be prolonged by the spell 'delay reincarnation.'

This script is not holding anyone to the ten Alyrian minutes parameter, leaving you free to wear the shield right before some dies and delaying them.