Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

OPERATION FIXOCEROUS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#51 Deathray

Deathray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:59 AM

The following HELP entry could be updated with the newest weapon flags. ie battering, echo-strike, aqueous.

[1838 ] ITEM ATTRIBUTES

#52 Paradox

Paradox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

Mark of Temperance seems broken to me. I tried all combos of no casting, various weapons etc etc and calming on many different mob health %'s + of course resetting the mob many times (killing it and waiting for a repop).

This was 3-4 months ago, and then recently in the last 2 weeks it still seems like something is wrong.

Marks like this should not require players to manipulate them by killing the mob anyway... If this is actually true for this mark or any other then maybe purge the mob after the mark is awarded as part of the script so it is ready for the next person on repop.

Has anyone been able to successfully get the mark in the last number of months?

#53 Bahamutt

Bahamutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

for days i have tried to get a single quest related to the psionic training and witch training achievement quests, both undya and vendredi refuse to give me any quests related to the achievement quest. i never had this problem with vashir or telleri. i don't know if it's bugged, or not finished, or what.

also, i was told to make note that while fighting the fire queen in templeton catacombs, i dispelled fireshield twice, sanctuary twice, and haste three times on her, all without leaving combat, and all within 30 alyrian minutes.

#54 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

for days i have tried to get a single quest related to the psionic training and witch training achievement quests, both undya and vendredi refuse to give me any quests related to the achievement quest. i never had this problem with vashir or telleri. i don't know if it's bugged, or not finished, or what.

I totaly agree with this. I can't get any of the quests for monk training and when I spam quest request I end up with wizard training, psionic training and ranger training.

#55 Mikun

Mikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

A few things:

--I was fighting Maar yesterday in TOB. I was doing nice (flames) damage against it using high explosive. Then I tried using ember carom on it, and it said that my bash had no effect. However ember carom's help file says it does flames damage as well. Could you please look into this? Sounds like either the help file is wrong or the damage type for ember carom.

--The help file for ember carom lists burning ember under the SEE ALSO heading. Help 'burning ember' does not seem to show this file. Maybe it doesn't exist?

--I don't know if this was brought up already but flintstrike doesn't seem to have an effect wearing off line. Would you kindly add one?

--It would be very helpful in writing client scripts for affects (like being able to highlight or substitute text) if the lines for affects were available somewhere. Maybe add these to the help files? It would be helpful to have all different forms of the lines: failure when you cast the affect, failure when somebody else casts the affect, when you lose/gain the affect, when somebody else loses/gains the affect, etc.

That's it for now. Great game and keep up the good work!

Thanks.
--mikun

#56 Mikun

Mikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Oh. I forgot to say that I don't believe that hinder has an affect wearing off line. Could you please add one?

Thanks again.
--mikun

#57 Deathray

Deathray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Need a helpful for UNIQUENESS

Spoiler

#58 Mikun

Mikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

From the bloodlines quest:
Phase 2: Destroy 1000 maleficarum roots and 2000 tourmalines..

Sac'ing them doesn't work, but destroy is used for sac'ing in all other quests as far as I know. It might be better to reword this to turn in the roots/tourms to the false prophet.

Thanks.
--mikun

#59 Eljay

Eljay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

First of all, kudos for making this effort!

My Ideas:

--> extend gohall range based on clanhall size, as with member capacity

--> add available trainers to help files for skills and spells
--> 'help create food' indicates *Classes granted this spell: Priest, Paladin, Ranger, Shaman (Music) - is this still accurate since music now plays ephiphany instead of create food?
--> 'help inventory' needs updating with 'inventory find' specifics (i.e. "inventory find x" refers to it, but it's missing info)
--> create individual help entries for stats/attributes that clearly indicate effects (e.g. 'help strength')

--> add ability to toggle on/off fear affects from bloodbane mask without removing
--> add RU voucher similar to home transfer to allow transfer of nodrop donation items (e.g. forge)
--> add QP nodrop sprig/mix containers
--> suppress room output from reagent/sprig producers and related actions
--> remove decay/timer on reagents/sprigs from QP producers - inventory is already a limiting factor and management of decaying items is needlessly frustrating

--> auto-renew generic gear on BKs (previously mentioned on #troll)
--> neverwhen should not give weapons a character cannot use (I *think* it may already avoid giving tail gear to chars with no tail, for example, but if not - that too!)
--> create 'help neverwhen' to describe how to acquire and effect of price points
--> allow both 180 and 200 souls to make huruks, and both 200 and 220 CoPs to make solenoids

--> remove arbitrary nomount room flags, currently affecting places such as: Lasler challenge, PG via Moat, DoA (via Worm or Hermit), Odious, Crystal Guild, Sigil Shops, Rune Shops.

--> allow 'vendor info' command (specifically next pay date) to be available outside of bazaar

--> class achievement quests - add ability to request one specifically, and to avoid assigning already-completed component quests again

Thanks for listening!

#60 Mikun

Mikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

epiphany doesn't have a string for when the affect wears off.

#61 Paradox

Paradox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

KABLAM!@# Cyrion's magically enhanced weapon slashes viciously through you!
You dodge out of the way of a blue-footed booby's first attack.

I guess some of the item scripts are picking up the player string instead of the shift string at some point or another.

Nothing critical.

#62 Nisin

Nisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

--> remove arbitrary nomount room flags, currently affecting places such as: Lasler challenge, PG via Moat, DoA (via Worm or Hermit), Odious, Crystal Guild, Sigil Shops, Rune Shops.

For PG and DoA there are ways of getting mounts there, specifically, the summon mount spell. As to the others, some areas I know are meant to prevent mounts, and others are likely just overlooked and not accommodating (intentional or otherwise) to mounts/summon mount.

That said it can be needlessly frustrating and tiresome trying to find the proper rooms that you *can* summon mount in. I don't really have any suggestions as to how to correct this or if there is a simple solution, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

#63 Eljay

Eljay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

[30 Nov 22:28:24] Duende@#troll: what to do, what to do
[30 Nov 22:28:54] [44] people in #troll heard you relay 'Need *more* suggestions, Duende? :)'
[30 Nov 22:32:03] Duende@#troll: sure.

OK, you asked for it, so I put my *thinking cap* on again. Here goes:

--> auto-send 'gmcp char' package

--> add detail to 'help hunger' to describe specifics of hunger mechanism, including effect of eating herbs
--> add to 'help halberd' and 'help polearm' and 'help pike' whether they require one or two hands to wield
--> add to 'help scc' details for Cavalier, Valkyrie, Knave classes
--> clarify wording in 'help 1838', which indicates:
"NOUNCURSE - This item cannot be removed from your inventory
in any way, death in a player-killing room of any kind will
also fail to remove the item. It must be combined with a
NOREMOVE or NODROP attribute to determine the nature of the
curse."
Does an item with NOUNCURSE by itself never drop in CPK (e.g. 'the royal robe of Lord Alymar')?

--> to encourage gear diversity beyond a heavy focus on +AR since the AR change... grant a level-scaled boost (+1 at each of 60/120/180/240/241 for a max total of +5) to the base AR of worn armor reflecting the skill and experience gained in effectively equipping gear to optimal benefit (applied on equipping each armor slot)
--> increase drop rate of items on mobs to limit frustration of questing and acquiring common gear - the challenge should be in finding and defeating the mobs themselves rather than risking quest timeout by having to wait for multiple repops
--> allow relic binding, forge, and favor of vandyne to work with nodrop items, (e.g. 'a skull of riga' has relic slots that cannot be used, cannot be forged, and cannot be favored - but its nodrop status would not be compromised if these 3 things did work)

--> include search of house chests in 'inventory find' along with lockers.
--> include containers in 'inventory find' along with lockers.

Again, thanks for listening - and where suggestions don't make sense for reasons perhaps not-so-obvious, a brief explanation would be appreciated!

#64 Sifeth

Sifeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

A fairly minor thing, not related to game mechanics, but I just noticed this as I'm on this quest:

This quest [31010] is called 'Candy Cane Contest',
for Adventurers levels 61 to 120.
This is a SEASONAL quest. It is available for a limited time.
Lord Vendredi is the master in charge of this quest.
I have just received word that Lord Agrippa is starting preparation for his annual Candy Cane Contest. We came very close to winning last year, and I can all but guarantee we will win it this year with your help. Please go and inform the shop keepers that represent New Rigel every year. Then, go and Tell Lord Agrippa that we are ready. Finally, go to the other towns participating and get as much information as you can before reporting back to me.
Upon successful completion of this quest you can receive:
*Up to 55 quest points, 5 practice points, 5,000 experience points,
2 build points, 0 piety, and 2,500 gold pieces.
You have 393 Alyrian minutes remaining to complete this quest.
Candy Cane Contest consists of:
Phase 1: *Visit Grindle, the baker.
Phase 2: *Visit a dracon shopkeeper.
Phase 3: *Visit Thowsen, the dwarven shopkeeper.
Phase 4: Visit Lord Agrippa.
Phase 5: *Visit Lord Vashir.
Phase 6: *Visit King Cronus.
Phase 7: *Visit Lady Undya.
Phase 8: *Visit the King of Vospire.

Lord Vendredi is in charge of this quest. In the quest phases, he asks you to visit three shopkeepers in Sigil. That all makes perfect sense. But in the quest description, he asks you to visit shopkeepers that represent New Rigel. Does it make any sense that these Sigil shopkeepers would represent New Rigel? Shouldn't New Rigel be changed to Sigil? Also, why is "Tell" capitalized in the sentence, "Then, go and Tell Lord Agrippa that we are ready"?

#65 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

*Skill Power: 10 points or greater of skill power correlates to evoking twice as many water spouts.

*Observant druids passively gain 10 skill power when evoking their Power.

did some testing with a water/druid and it seemed like this was not working. Not really able to test air. I have been told by some players that fire is not working.

#66 Elggs

Elggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I lost the following masters after the reboot:

Levitation
Detect Magic
Dispel Magic
Lightning Bolt
Shield

#67 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

--Like others, I would love to understand how core stats affect all aspects of the game.

--The help file for "strike of death" needs a description.

--Mark of Anguish: is this working? I've been trying to find someone who has gotten this mark, to no avail.

#68 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

So, uh, who else is gettin' attacked by random guards since reboot? :X

#69 Elggs

Elggs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the fix!

#70 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Glamour's description says "Under its influence, aggressive creatures have a greatly reduced chance of attacking..." Is this implemented? Care to shed any light on how exactly this works?

I would love to see "Herald Death" buffed, because I think it is not very useful as is... I really wish this were more useful for leveling, specifically. Just my opinion.

Also, I've noticed that when I poison NPCs now, they "shiver and suffer" three times in a single round of combat. Not sure if this is normal, or a known bug? Two examples below:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#71 Ethne

Ethne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Another bug, regarding Herald Death: If you kill the target with kick, the herald doesn't work. You have to kill with weapon, as far as I can tell. Also, not sure if this is intentional, but if you herald death an enemy and someone else in your formation gets the killing blow, that person also gets the heal and you get nothing.

#72 Carolyn

Carolyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I can confirm that sidhe glamour-evasion does work, although I'm not sure how often it works or on which mobs; I walked through the entirety of FGK without evading a single attack but evaded the first bumblebee that attacked me in Dio.

#73 Toki

Toki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

can you make it so that guards in sigil, rune, vospire, etc. stop aggroing? i don't remember them doing that before and it makes it really difficult to quest, especially when many of the phases require you to visit vospire. thank you.

#74 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1611 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

[quote]Veldra's area should be no-cancel, cancelling bolts kinda negates the ability of the boss making the boss a joke.[/quote]

Fixed that as of reboot; cancellation no long works on bosses.

[quote]+++ a coffin lid will, at least ten Alyrian minutes after being worn, when used to bash a PC over level 200 to death, cause that PC's suffering to be prolonged by the spell 'delay reincarnation.' This script is not holding anyone to the ten Alyrian minutes parameter, leaving you free to wear the shield right before some dies and delaying them.[/quote]

Added a requirement that you must be in safe to wear it.

[quote]The following HELP entry could be updated with the newest weapon flags. ie battering, echo-strike, aqueous. [1838 ] ITEM ATTRIBUTES[/quote]

broken into its own help file and expanded: [2137 ] SPECIAL WEAPON ATTRIBUTES

[quote][lots of achievement quests][/quote]

Bran's taking care of them, but keep reporting them if you've had issues since reboot.

[quote]--I was fighting Maar yesterday in TOB. I was doing nice (flames) damage against it using high explosive. Then I tried using ember carom on it, and it said that my bash had no effect. However ember carom's help file says it does flames damage as well. Could you please look into this? Sounds like either the help file is wrong or the damage type for ember carom.[/quote]

I plan to overhaul ToB at some point in the future. As for ember carom, paste the string you saw with bash damage and i can look into it.

[quote]--The help file for ember carom lists burning ember under the SEE ALSO heading. Help 'burning ember' does not seem to show this file. Maybe it doesn't exist?[/quote]

help 2138

[quote]--I don't know if this was brought up already but flintstrike doesn't seem to have an effect wearing off line. Would you kindly add one?[/quote]

That's intentional; flintstrike and similar are sort of intended to be oft-repeated affects; having a bunch of redundant (and probably inaccurate wear-off lines would be really spammy and not very informative.

[quote]--It would be very helpful in writing client scripts for affects (like being able to highlight or substitute text) if the lines for affects were available somewhere. Maybe add these to the help files? It would be helpful to have all different forms of the lines: failure when you cast the affect, failure when somebody else casts the affect, when you lose/gain the affect, when somebody else loses/gains the affect, etc.[/quote]

I posted the vast majority of these in another thread: https://www.materiam...1-spell-strings and pastebin.com/raw.php?i=CXNNCJws

[quote]Oh. I forgot to say that I don't believe that hinder has an affect wearing off line. Could you please add one?[/quote]

Added.

[quote]Need a helpful for UNIQUENESS[/quote]

[2139 ] UNIQUENESS

[quote]--> add available trainers to help files for skills and spells[/quote]

Explore!

[quote]--> 'help create food' indicates *Classes granted this spell: Priest, Paladin, Ranger, Shaman (Music) - is this still accurate since music now plays ephiphany instead of create food?[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]--> create individual help entries for stats/attributes that clearly indicate effects (e.g. 'help strength')[/quote]

We'll see. Current progress: http://www.materiama...ts-explanations

[quote]--> auto-renew generic gear on BKs (previously mentioned on #troll)[/quote]

That's counter to the goal of generic gear- the gear is to allow you to kill bosses to replace the generic eq with real equipment.

[quote]--> neverwhen should not give weapons a character cannot use (I *think* it may already avoid giving tail gear to chars with no tail, for example, but if not - that too!)[/quote]

That's not really feasible, but there is something you can get from the blacksmith to indicate a weapon-type preference.

[quote]--> allow both 180 and 200 souls to make huruks, and both 200 and 220 CoPs to make solenoids[/quote]

The differentiation is there for various balance reasons.

[quote]--> remove arbitrary nomount room flags, currently affecting places such as: Lasler challenge, PG via Moat, DoA (via Worm or Hermit), Odious, Crystal Guild, Sigil Shops, Rune Shops.[/quote]

They're not arbitrary.

[quote]--> allow 'vendor info' command (specifically next pay date) to be available outside of bazaar[/quote]

This isn't technically feasible, as you can have multiple vendors, and would require a major overhaul.

[quote]epiphany doesn't have a string for when the affect wears off.[/quote]

Added.

[quote]KABLAM!@# Cyrion's magically enhanced weapon slashes viciously through you! You dodge out of the way of a blue-footed booby's first attack. I guess some of the item scripts are picking up the player string instead of the shift string at some point or another.[/quote]

Yeah, that's pretty common. If you want to compile a list of these, we can fix them all at once.

[quote]--> auto-send 'gmcp char' package[/quote]

Noted to Vass.

[quote]--> add detail to 'help hunger' to describe specifics of hunger mechanism, including effect of eating herbs[/quote]

what specifically?

[quote]quest 31010: Lord Vendredi is in charge of this quest. In the quest phases, he asks you to visit three shopkeepers in Sigil. That all makes perfect sense. But in the quest description, he asks you to visit shopkeepers that represent New Rigel. Does it make any sense that these Sigil shopkeepers would represent New Rigel? Shouldn't New Rigel be changed to Sigil? Also, why is "Tell" capitalized in the sentence, "Then, go and Tell Lord Agrippa that we are ready"?[/quote]

Noted to Bran.

[quote]--Like others, I would love to understand how core stats affect all aspects of the game.[/quote]

Here: http://www.materiama...ts-explanations

[quote]--The help file for "strike of death" needs a description.[/quote]

Updated.

[quote]So, uh, who else is gettin' attacked by random guards since reboot? [/quote]

Yeah, there's a bug. Looking into it.

[quote]Glamour's description says "Under its influence, aggressive creatures have a greatly reduced chance of attacking..." Is this implemented? Care to shed any light on how exactly this works? [/quote]

Yeah, this is implemented and works. If it's not working for you, make sure 'combat defense evasion' is on.

[quote]I would love to see "Herald Death" buffed, because I think it is not very useful as is... I really wish this were more useful for leveling, specifically. Just my opinion.[/quote]

Every time you kill something, you have the potential to heal 4% of your total hp, which strikes me as pretty good.

[quote]Also, I've noticed that when I poison NPCs now, they "shiver and suffer" three times in a single round of combat. Not sure if this is normal, or a known bug? Two examples below:[/quote]

Not a bug, and it's not even affecting them multiple times, it's just superficial. Working on fixing this for reboot.

[quote]Another bug, regarding Herald Death: If you kill the target with kick, the herald doesn't work. You have to kill with weapon, as far as I can tell. Also, not sure if this is intentional, but if you herald death an enemy and someone else in your formation gets the killing blow, that person also gets the heal and you get nothing.[/quote]

Yes, that's intentional.

#75 Mikun

Mikun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Here's the stuff about ember carom and my fight with Maar. It shows me damaging Maar with channel faith (gath) and high explosive which both do flames damage, but ember carom has no effect on it.

cf
You begin to speak the words of the spell...
<1943hp 2154sp 2318st> 0hp 0sp 0st [80%]
<1943hp 2154sp 2318st>
You have completed your casting.
A sunstone flares brightly and vanishes!
Two focused flows of molten lava shoots from your fingertips!
Maar the Elder Dragon is burned on the torso with your flames causing minimal damage.
You dodge out of the way of Maar the Elder Dragon's first attack.
You are burned on the arm by Maar the Elder Dragon's flames causing mild damage.
Maar the Elder Dragon nimbly leaps out of the way of your first attack.
Maar the Elder Dragon is struck on the torso with your holy wrath causing trivial damage.
Maar the Elder Dragon is struck on the torso with your holy wrath causing trivial damage.
Maar the Elder Dragon's fireshield burns you on the torso for moderate damage.
<1966hp 2234sp 2408st> 23hp 80sp 90st [80%]
<1966hp 2234sp 2408st>
ec
You begin to speak the words of the spell...
<1966hp 2234sp 2432st> 0hp 0sp 24st [80%]
<1966hp 2234sp 2432st>
You have completed your casting.
A pinch of sulfur, a pinch of sulfur, a pinch of sulfur, a pinch of sulfur, a pinch of sulfur, and a pinch of sulfur flare brightly and vanish!
A huge ember appears in your hands, before you send it flying towards Maar the Elder Dragon!
The airborne ember bounces off of Maar the Elder Dragon's torso!
Your bash didn't seem to have any effect on Maar the Elder Dragon.
The flying ember careens off into the distance!
You dodge out of the way of Maar the Elder Dragon's first attack.
You are burned on the head by Maar the Elder Dragon's flames causing middling damage.
Maar the Elder Dragon skillfully sidesteps out of the way of your first attack.
<1865hp 2162sp 2420st> -101hp -72sp -12st [80%]
<1865hp 2162sp 2420st>
thh
A glittering black herbal mixture strikes Maar the Elder Dragon!
There is a great explosion, and Maar the Elder Dragon is thrown to the ground!
Maar the Elder Dragon is burned on the torso with your flames causing minimal damage.