Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Erech

Erech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I haven't been around that long so not really sure if this has been discussed before, but would it be possible to get are you sure you want to hand in quest yes/no prompt to come up if not all steps are completed? Just failed a quest i was trying to get for weeks by doing put black trunk, which put a tourmaline i needed for quest in my trunk instead of my spellbook and i didn't notice until too late.

#2 Deathray

Deathray

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

Howdy Erech,

Maybe something could be done to update this, but this has been requested several times over many years. I wouldn't expect this to be added.

I've personally asked for this myself and have had the wish that it was there; until I finally accepted that it wasn't and became more cautious. Take this as a lesson, you need to always be aware of what's in your inventory. This becomes abundantly more important as you progress and venture into areas that have cpk, even being near those rooms carry some risk for the unsuspecting.

Client side you could ask for somone to help you develop a scrip to do this for you. Perhaps if you post what you use someone could chime in with a solution.

#3 Redguard

Redguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'll tell you what every immortal has said in response to this very question so many times in the past...

Before you turn in your quest, check and make sure you have everything out that needs to be out. Its a great habit to get into and you'll never fail a quest again. This is handy because sometimes you have to collect food, and you'll become hungry whilst traveling and automatically eat your quest food.

So recap, be a responsible adult and check before you turn it in. I'm assuming you wouldn't print out a 15 page paper for a final in a class and turn it in without checking to make sure all the pages are there.

#4 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1619 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

We're working on a modification, because this does come up a lot. Eventually, the quest will automatically complete as soon as you've completed all of the phases and you'll get full credit; you'll still be able to turn it in manually when it's incomplete, but you'll do so at your discretion, and that won't be the case in 98% of completions.

We look forward to this in the medium-term, as we're currently addressing some higher-priority bugs.

#5 Erech

Erech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Ok, thanks for answers all. I look forward to changes in it. Yeah, i usually double check before i turn in, but there's been a couple times where i was either too eager to turn on or just brainfarted and screwed it up.