Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Birthdayversary Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Iezabel

Iezabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

As of next patch, all purchased Spell Delivery Amulets and Spectral Auras will no longer require renewing; once purchased, they will be useful and equippable forever, without need for a renewal token. Keep an eye out for more birthdayversary news and special events!

The Administrators.

Will this automatically renew any Spell Delivery Amulets/Spectral Auras that have already been purchased or only on new items non-expired ones?

#2 Ruthgul

Ruthgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Duende said the change will apply retroactively to all auras and SDs, after a reboot.

Full log of last night's discussion on PKTALK C here:
http://pastie.org/pastes/6457980/text

(Timestamps in the log are GMT -3, my local time.)

#3 Iezabel

Iezabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thank you much for answering my question and posting that log :side:

#4 Kaczia

Kaczia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hijacking this thread to just say a huge thank you for making this change. Really! I was pretty much done playing MM, but now with this change I can play casually again on any of my chars. Playing casually to do occasional questing and hunters without an SD/Aura is not a whole heck of a lot of fun; it was more like a chore. After being gone a lot this year and having my SD/Aura expire on every character, I can say with confidence that for me, it was not very enjoyable. So, thank you!!

#5 Saskia

Saskia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

Agreed with Kaczia. A huge thanks for this! Really makes having played for a long time worthwhile.

#6 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

So in 3 years we can get the game hammered and laid right?

#7 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:37 AM

I've been doing that to her since before she was 4.

#8 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

This is an awesome change. Should bring more activity to the game, I for one was hesitant to renew my Aura/SD (among other items), so I haven't been playing the last few months.

#9 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

What a great change, happy birthday everybody! My birthday was tuesday.

#10 Skyra

Skyra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

This change has made me hopeful and has encouraged me to come back to MM! Thank you so much! Happy Birthday Materia Magica! :D

#11 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

This is a great change and will hopefully bring back some of our older players and such. However a lot of them have no idea that this is going on.

I would suggest that perhaps we send out an email to the player base informing them of the change.

#12 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

I have already written an email and will be sending it out at reboot. There will also be an in-game news.

#13 Azra

Azra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

Any idea when this reboot will occur? I'm still waiting on Herald Bloodthirst to get fixed, since it is supposed to be fixed on the reboot. I'm convinced that it's inability to work correctly is directly connected with the QM refusing to give out the Herald Bloodthirst quest. And, since I am unable to multi until my achievement quest is completed, it sucks logging in only to quest for a bit and just sitting around waiting until i can quest again (several hours later).

#14 Karo

Karo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Why are you unable to multi-class until your achievement quest is completed?

#15 Gonan

Gonan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:47 AM

My guess is she think that multi into a new class stop her from doing previous class achivement quest.

#16 Azra

Azra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

That was actually exactly what was told to me by a Guide when I prayed regarding the issue. I was told that I would not be able to submit the quest for completion until hero if I multi-classed before it was completed.

#17 Karo

Karo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh hm. I wonder if that's true. I've only ever gotten achievement quests on an archon level character. Can anyone confirm that this is in fact the case?

#18 Kabaal

Kabaal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2054 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

Thats a generous change.

#19 Ruthgul

Ruthgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

I got all the class achievement quests done on my hero, at hero.

I got the paladin achievement done on my level 120, who is a wizard. And she's working on her wizard achievement atm, with no issues.

I think you can do class achievements at any level, the only restriction being the one mentioned in the quest description:
* for first clsssers, you need to finish phase quest #15 from Agrippa before you multi, or you'll lose progress;
* for 2nd-4th classers, you need to finish phase quest #15 from Agrippa before you archon, or you'll lose progress.