Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Sums up why we have been loosing players nicely.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#51 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

We need looser players! STAT

#52 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

I would "like" to see it a little be quicker in order to make it hero, Archoning as I read currently isn't extremely easy, so I don't see a major issue in doing this. It won't keep people from class camping as some will still do it for the advantage, but it will make the game towards hitting archon a little more reachable for those that don't have the time to invest and lose interest because of the repetitive playstyle you go through in order to reach it.

On the contrary, it is very easy to hero now - much easier than it ever has been since I've been playing and, likely, in general. With exponential experience granted to players who get boss kills (here-on BKs) in fourth class, people have been reaching Hero in a matter of days. Gone are the hours spent drudging through Catacombs, trying to gain a single level. There are so many mark and boss opportunities that heroing should be no hard task - for anyone.

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#53 Kreeper

Kreeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

"On the contrary, it is very easy to hero now - much easier than it ever has been since I've been playing and, likely, in general. With exponential experience granted to players who get boss kills (here-on BKs) in fourth class, people have been reaching Hero in a matter of days. Gone are the hours spent drudging through Catacombs, trying to gain a single level. There are so many mark and boss opportunities that heroing should be no hard task - for anyone."

I understand that portion, I'm more refering through 1-180.. The amount of time you spend either looking for a leveling form or having to solo because of the lack of the player base makes it very aggravating. It just "feels like a day job" to me, Not something enjoyable. I would enjoy being able to hero in a few weeks rather than a few months.(This is just because of the amount of time I could play) The game as I see it, not that others wont see it their own way, but it could stand to make the leveling portion a little less then a grind.. Like maybe even throwing in a little more 1-180 mini's that can level a player like 5 levels for completing rather then giving gear.. the reward would be a set 5 levels, and wouldn't be so darn hard that you would require yourself class camping for a year in order to complete, It could be a little more puzzely rather then mob heavy pain in the butt :P Just so more thoughts.

#54 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

There are a few below 60 runs and several 120 runs, but I agree it'd be nice to see more content between 121-180. I'm feeling it now that my one character is on the last stretch to 180; the leveling can get dull at times, but I break it up between questing.

That being said, leveling isn't so bad the first two classes, really, and because of the plethora of marks available, you can level up easily with those, too, since the majority tend to scale with level. People used to save marks for 4th class, but you could easily start getting the easier marks earlier if you're concerned about the leveling grind.

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#55 Erithiaen

Erithiaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

tl;dr

I was hesitant to open a thread with a title so horribly misspelt;

however, it's nice to see a forum post with people being fairly civil and contributing their ideas about where the game is going. Including Duende replying to specific quotes. Keeping conversation going here and in-game regarding changes or possible changes is the best way to keep things progressing nicely.