Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Give a Dwarf some class path advice?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tugly

Tugly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

So Im currently a barb bard dwarf. I want to go either wiz/psi next. I was thinking going psi, but would like some feed back or pros/cons of going psi or wiz. Also was thinking finishing priest, but again, not sure.

Thanks and hope to hear from some of ya!

Tugly

#2 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:30 PM

rogue/paladin/psi/druid

#3 Karnifax

Karnifax

aka: Sarra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

i'd suggest remaking to a different race, just my opinion though

Go forth into the water, live there, die there.

#4 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

There is enough overlap between bard and wizard that I wouldn't do it, which means you should choose psi. Your only remaining viable choice is priest. Between the two, I would probably do psionic next. Thus, based upon what you have already chosen, I would finish it as barb/bard/psi/priest.

#5 Tugly

Tugly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

So after some good advice in game I think im going ranger then priest. So Dwarf: barb bard ranger priest. still would like some input on the necessary spells for ranger/priest. Thanks to all!

#6 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

Flint strike, fungal growth, electrogenic growth, otolithic growth, whirlwind, wind walk, camouflage, tinnitus, sneak, track, hide, herbalism, throwing, meditation, riding, foraging, snare.

All decent skills/spells and a generic list to work with.

The first three on the list are a stacking spell-not instant damage. Ice ball is OK but is blocked by shields(unless changed). Also a parry-magic weapon may deflect it.

Using bard for music you may obtain instant damage spells.

Flint strike, electro and fungal growth will only deal damage when the target has -10or less % in fire/lightning/acid.

So even if you cast it five times (-2% each cast) if they had 5% to start with (now -5%) it will do no damage. Just increase the duration of the -%.

Crappy, but it is what it is.

On the other hand, if they are naturally vulnerable it will instantly do damage.

Archery is useful for various damage types but bows are three slot(two hand slots and no shield may be worn) for damage of a sword while costing SP AND ST to use per round.

Crossbows are one handed and deal the damage of a spear. Still drain SP and ST.

Currently there is NO reason to use a bow over crossbow.

#7 Skyra

Skyra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Sorry, I'm not really in any position to give any advice but I did hear barb/ranger/priest/bard is good in any kind of situation- so I guess you're making a great choice?

rogue/paladin/psi/druid

I just wanted to take this chance to ask Minus- how are you finding this path? I'm quite set on taking this path... and my char's a half-elf. I have received very mixed opinions about it (especially about lack of debuffs), but you recommended it for dwarf so... would you mind explaining/ elaborating on this classpath more? I'm quite a newbie, still trying to get my head around the game. Thanks!