Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Magnetic influence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ruthgul

Ruthgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Is there a cap for the +/-hp for magnetic influence?

Since more players have learned recently how to manipulate it, it's been pushed towards extremes that I'd never seen before.

Just a few minutes ago on my hero, who has mark of Gain:
Prof:  magnetic influence   - Level 239, modifies hp                by  696 for 5 minutes.

A few days ago on Ruthgul, who has mark of Loss:
Prof:  magnetic influence   - Level 241, modifies hp                by -361 for 11 minutes.

(This capture on Ruth was before someone tweaked it 4 more times to get more hp for Gain, so it's probably at -400 hp right now, for Loss.)

I've tried to push it to regain some balance, but it seems a lost cause. Every time we achieved near 0 hp for Loss, it got pushed back to a new extreme +hp for Gain, extreme -hp for Loss.

Where I understand the affect only lasts a few minutes, my main concern is it's slowly making my character not eligible for runs.

Alternatively, is there any way to revoke the marks of Gain/Loss? Many of us get the marks, without knowing that this affect will randomly hit us once we get them.

#2 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:28 AM

That explains what I saw in keep and why I no longer get +HP from influence. Crappy for getting this altered years after I got the mark of loss.

Considering you get + or - HP on a flip of a coin.

That said; seems pretty balanced to me. *noose*

#3 Vudd

Vudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

There should be a way to remove the mark from your character. I would rather not have gain or loss then deal with this.

#4 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Prof: magnetic influence - Level 240, modifies hp by -457 for 6 minutes.

#5 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I agree with vudd, i want to remove this horrid mark. The ferous eq is not worth dealing with this

Prof: magnetic influence - Level 240, modifies hp by -506 for 6 minutes.

#6 Nukis

Nukis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Well shit, now I'm torn. I thought this was a good idea until Floyd supported it; now I think it's a horrible idea.

#7 Ruthgul

Ruthgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

Last week, I was hit by this affect while fighting Tellanet (the first one I quoted on this post is from that battle.) A mob that many people solo. I'm lucky I wasn't trying to solo it, and I wasn't tanking. ^^

* Is there anything I can do to disable this affect?

In the past few days, I tried 2 doubtful theories that were suggested to me, but of course they didn't work:

- Character alignment has nothing to do with it. People I've talked to who have Loss, and are evil to extremely negative alignment, get the same exact -hp than others who have Loss and are good to extremely positive alignment.

- Using a fresh coin from Lord Templeton, and winning the bet, won't toggle the mark (as mentioned in mark list Gain / Loss).

* Is there anything I can do to mitigate this affect?

I can use obsidian levers to tweak this affect to be less -hp, or even +hp for the mark of Loss (and as a byproduct, reduce the +hp that people with Gain are currently getting.)

But then, due to real life (work, family), I don't have the time to actively seek for scatters. So I'm limited to the ones I find on my way while doing other stuff.

Check these numbers:

- march 22: 7 levers for Loss, - this was the last time I did this
- march 26: 1 lever for Loss.

(Total: 8 levers. At this point we were getting around +50 hp for Loss, and Gain was getting around +250 hp.)

Then:

- march 26: 4 levers for Gain,
- march 29: 6 levers for Gain,
- march 31: 4 levers for Gain,
- april 2: 3 levers for Gain,
- april 6: 4 levers for Gain,
- april 14: 2 levers for Gain,
- ... someone has been holding on because I complained about the affect, and he was kind enough to stop, or more levers would have been used for Gain.

(Total: 23 levers. To the current situation, which is around -500 hp for Loss and around +800 hp for Gain.)

These numbers can be non-exhaustive, since my internet has been particulary horrid these days, so I may have missed stuff.

In that same time that people have gotten and used 23 levers for Gain, I have only gotten 8 levers for Loss (unused).

At this point, I give up. This is not something I can even up, not even with the help of friends / allies. If I use my 8 levers, people will use 24 more for Gain, etc. It looks like a lost battle.

#8 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1611 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

See changelog. The balance has been reset to 0/0 for reboot.