Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble in the Family

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

This quest from Lord Maldra requires you to recover a diamond cluster ring as one of the phases. Could we change this phase, or make the ring more easily attainable? I checked the jewelry stores in: PC, Rune, Lowangen, Sigil, and Tellerium and none had one in stock. There also were none for sale in the bazaar. If I'm missing a vendor or alternative way to get the ring that's fine but it seems wrong to give a quest that has no way to be completed before the timer expires.

#2 Skyra

Skyra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

There is also a particular quest from Lord Agrippa that also requires this ring. Every time I get this quest though, it appears the ring is not in stock. It would be nice if this could please be changed so that the ring is more easily attainable...? Thanks

#3 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

What do you know? This house is falling apart
What can I say? This house is falling apart
We got no money, but we got heart
We're gonna rattle this ghost town

#4 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Screen falling off the door door hanging off the hinges
My feet are still sore my back is on the fringes
We were up against the wall on the west mezzanine
We rattle this town we rattle this scene

#5 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

But seriously... am I missing something here? This seems like a relatively easy fix that would be a quality of life improvement for questing adventurers.

#6 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Learn to do what most people do, and stock up on these rings when they are available. There are only 4 on restock and they sell out pretty quickly.

#7 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

The vendor stock quantity has been needing a raise for years. Any time I got that quest I would just turn it in. Not worth the hassle.

#8 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

These quests are often given to lower level adventurers who shouldn't have to have the foresight to go stockpile limited spawn vendor items in anticipation of getting a broken quest.

If there is no way to complete a quest at the time it is requested without resorting to stockpiling items ahead of time that quest should be re-evaluated.

You could even make it so that one of the vendors always has one in stock. Every time the item gets bought, another vendor gets one in stock. That would keep the thrill of the hunt intact while still allowing all adventurers to complete the quest.