Fix the goddamn website
Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:31 AM
A few years ago some of you will remember we introduced a new website. At the time of introduction, it was not exactly well received. A bunch of people complained and were told "whoa guy, settle down, we just introduced it and will continue to improve it". This was a fair thing to say, it was a large overhaul and of course there will be growing pains. However, since the introduction of the new website, I cannot think of a single way it's been improved. Here are some issues:
1) The message board search is useless. Seriously, Vassago, have you ever tried to use it? Does it not drive you nuts? Considering the great amount of info thats dumped onto the message board, having a useless search is inexcusable.
2) My clan message board is gone. Prior to the change, 110 had an active, private message board. With the new change, we still have a kind of private message board, it's just never used because its separated out from the rest of the forum. Seriously, look at the posting frequency, the last post was in May of 2011. Your design literally killed a message board that was active and fun, and allowed us to stay in touch with old clan members that didn't log on.
Why do I say "private"? Well, if you go look at your clan message board you'll notice that people remove from your clan don't get removed from your message board. People currently in our message board group: Adiar, Baily, Banished, Darum, Elyssa, Jorem, Kerrick, Knightkit, Lilitu, Panzer, Revolution, Scrooge, Sinbad, Yapok. None of these people have been in my clan for years. Why are they still in my message board group?
3) rel="follow". The fact that you've had an error in your template/code thats persisted for nearly three years is embarrassing. Seriously.
4) Remember when the forum titled "Archon Only" was... archon... only...?
5) Remember player feedback (those little hearts that you could only leave every 180 days)? Remember how they were totally going to be added to to our new profiles?
Now, it'd be one thing if the site were actively being improved. But as far as I can tell, it's remained stagnant for years. Why am I posting about this now? Well, I'd actually like to send a message to my clan members and you've taken my best means of communicating with them. I understand you've been busy, but comon, real talk: it's been like two goddamn years and you still have basic problems. If the website were a priority some of this shit would have been fixed.
Please make the website a priority.
Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:35 AM
Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:42 AM
Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:31 PM
Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:03 AM
You're shaking my confidence daily
Oh, Duprelia, I'm down on my knees
I'm begging you please to come home!
Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:36 PM
Bring back the old site, it was better in almost every way.
Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:48 AM
Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:25 PM
Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:36 AM
Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:24 PM
Buuuuuuuuuump to the top.
Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 PM
Posted 07 May 2013 - 05:30 AM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:33 PM
Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:39 AM
Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:35 AM
Since it is quasi-related: could you consider changing the timing code/server code to be more forgiving with respect to the combat tick timer?
What I mean by this is since the server migration I have a really hard time fitting 3 second casts between rounds. Assuming the server currently lets the 3 second cast fit if you make it within ~.1 second of the timer (whatever it is), could you loosen it up a little bit so that it is more forgiving? This would help international players too.