Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Monk/Druid newb ques

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Relasna

Relasna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Hi,

Okay before you start flaming about how I should do research with previously made topics... I have done so but could not find much opinion on this:

If I was to go Valk Monk Druid Bard, would there be massive differences if I went Druid before Monk? They're both Knowledge based I think so I'm not sure.

Thanks!

#2 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

No, it would not make a difference.

#3 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

There would be very few differences. Whenever I'm advising someone on which class to take first between the two, I usually suggest deciding which spells he or she would prefer. Both of the classes offer a plethora of unique spells (in comparison to each other), with a few minor overlaps.

eta: When you're considering which one to choose, be sure to remember the key spells in the classes. Monk will give you the majority of your debuffs (plague, poison, faerie fire, curse, slow, dispel magic), while druid will give you more damage-centered, "PK"-centered spells (water evocation, earth evocation, ooze evocation, etc.).

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#4 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

I'll go with a far less helpful response.

#5 Ruthgul

Ruthgul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Monk has a few expensive skills/spells - for example, multiply magic, if you decide to practice it. So, going monk earlier may save you some pp if you're going to practice those skills. Also, if you're interested in martial arts, going monk early may help get betters at it.

Druid is in general cheaper. I went druid 4th class and most spells were around 2-3 pp per 1%.

#6 Relasna

Relasna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Thanks for your help!
I'm just a little confused/ overwhelmed at the idea of juggling spellbooks. I've tried playing around with the spellbook simulator thing on cwn site, but most of the spellbooks available in second class only seems to be able to hold a few. That was why I thought I may as well get spellbooks organised in third class, when I'll be able to get those quest spellbook items. Oh well, from what I can see from the responses received though, it'd probably be better for me to go Monk first.

#7 Felisin

Felisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I would actually suggest going monk last. The few spells and skills that cost more will be somewhat balanced out by access to more boss kills and higher level quests. Monk in this regard requires more development which will actually give you something to work on while a hero. Very few folks actually want to stay in third class where there is a hole in game content, and druid should be easier to skip on through to 4th class, rather than being stuck developing in a boring part of the game imo.

My second reason is monk is one of the only classes that top out at 100 scc at level 60 allowing you to enjoy archon spell casting aspects at hero. While if you went druid you might not be able to top out depending on your stats/race.

Just my 2 cents, good luck in developing your path.

#8 Felisin

Felisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

You would also have access to higher level spellbooks to organize and consolidate more of your spells. Most folks end up reorganizing their spellbook make-up at hero anyhow.