Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Quest Timer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Vudd

Vudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

Now the quest timer doesn't reduce in social.

Is this some kind of slight to our alts?

What a terrible idea.

#2 Rajani

Rajani

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

It sucks that it does not count in social anymore. I have thought for a while now, that the timers should go away for completed quests and be dropped to 10 alyrian minutes for rejected/failed quests. What is the point of the timer when there is a cap on how many you can do anyways?

#3 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I have also noticed that if you die you no longer loose the quest as well.

While this can be a good thing it kind of takes away the danger factor of doing a quest against a mob that is tougher then you are and needing to pay attention. Specially if said mob paralyzes you.
Personally I like the danger of some of the quests and that's what draws me to them.

#4 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

? The quest delay timer doesn't have any restrictions on being in social or not. It definitely wouldn't be an intentional change. Can someone verify this?

#5 Grimheart

Grimheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Ah ha, my fishy alt didn't articulate the problem correctly.

You turn in a quest and then quest request and it says you have 39 minutes before you can do another quest.

Then you go to social all night and come back and you have 39 minutes before you can do another quest.

That was the problem i found. I just tried to duplicate it and it didn't do that. I think maybe the sprig bottle regenned a little too much sativa or something.

#6 Erithiaen

Erithiaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Is this in any way connected to the logging on and having a 17 minute quest timer? That is really annoying.

#7 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

There are definitely times when I have a small window to play, sit down and try to do one quest, and end up wasting enough time waiting on the timer that by the time I can request a quest I no longer have time to finish it. Obviously the solution is to never log off.

#8 Erithiaen

Erithiaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:36 AM

Yeah, it's a good way of discouraging anyone who only has a short amount of time to spare in a certain day and wants to log on and do a quest. I think it was an extremely unnecessary addition.