Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Adventurer Badges

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1613 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

At reboot, we'll be betaing a new feature called adventurer badges. These badges will be a test run, and the state in which they are initially released will be much different from what they will eventually become.

These badges will be available at the Runic Temple, and will last a week. Only one badge can be purchased a week, so whatever your badge is will be yours for that duration. Badges provide skill-power and a few miscellaneous attributes. One stat will be applied per its owners class, randomly applied from a small subset of skills and traits personalized for each respective class. One additional stat will be granted based on race. The following stats are available to their respective classes:

[b]barbarian[/b]
  maul
  two-handed axe
  lay out
[b]cavalier[/b]
  polearm
  parry
  fast healing
[b]valkyrie[/b]
  spear
  herald death
  defense-speed
[b]paladin[/b]
  pike
  spell shield
  lay hands
[b]wizard[/b]
  frost  
  blink
  magical items
[b]monk[/b]
  blind fighting  
  golem empathy
  resurrect
[b]ranger[/b]
  flintstrike  
  fungal growth
  guise of nature
[b]psionic[/b]
  telesmatic force 
  telekinetic shield
  transference
[b]priest[/b]
  protection from evil  
  word of recall  
  condemn  
[b]shaman[/b]
  read aura  
  cure critical
  desecrate armor
[b]witch[/b]
  malignancy  
  convocation
  scythe
[b]druid[/b]
  dust invocation  
  radiance invocation
  ooze evocation
[b]rogue[/b]
  evasion  
  acrobatics
  dagger
[b]bard[/b]
  tremolo  
  plodding fugue
  hinder magic
[b]knave[/b]
  slit throat  
  feign illness
  feign love

[b]human[/b]
  scribe
  summon elemental
[b]gnome[/b]
  room shield
  armor
[b]elf[/b]
  musical-ability
  one with the forest
[b]halfling[/b]
  frenzy
  mace
[b]half-elf[/b]
  marksmanship
  combat-inconspicuousness
[b]dracon[/b]
  axe
  st-regen-max
[b]dwarf[/b]
  two-handed axe
  earth-prcnt
[b]minotaur[/b]
  two-handed sword
  cold-spell-prcnt
[b]ogre[/b]
  battle rage
  bash
[b]drow[/b]
  bleakness
  momentary darkness
[b]fey[/b]
  faerie fire
  magical fade
[b]sidhe[/b]
  warp
  faerie ring
[b]sahuagin[/b]
  hydroblast
  regenerate cartilage

#2 Karo

Karo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Thanks! Would you be able to post a list sometime of the new skill power affects for the ones that aren't in the help file(s)?

#3 Rhombur

Rhombur

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

is barbarian the only class that has archon skills in it also? maul and 2ha are neither available to barbarian alone.

#4 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Dwarf barbarians would potentially smite with a two-handed axe

#5 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Would be neat if the badges improved skill power of unique or core abilities for each of the different classes. 2h axe and maul for barbarian aren't even abilities a barbarian gets. I'm ok with Archon skills going into racial bonuses as those only apply to Archons anyway, and most races don't have two unique, active, racial abilities.

What if barbarian was Axe/Battle Rage/Lay Out instead of Maul/2h Axe/Lay Out? Also seems weird that Cavalier gets Polearm instead of Lance. Valkyrie seems spot on, but pike seems weird for Paladin - do Paladins use pikes regularly?

I like all the mage bonuses.

Clerics all look pretty good too.

Rogues and Bards skill selections are spot on core abilties for the class. Knaves are pretty good but I'd like to see feign illness changed to something more core to the class. I might have blinders on, but feign illness is used only for PK, and is extremely situational even then. Maybe raise dukes instead?

All that said... I like the concept of the Adventurer badges, and I like that everyone's getting a chance to play with meaningful skill power bonuses for a wide variety of skills.

#6 Grimheart

Grimheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

The badge is most awesome.

#7 Luala

Luala

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sorry for being such a newb, but is the place where we get those badges at recall of Rune? "Shop list"? :S

#8 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

That's correct, the cleric sells them for 1 RU.

#9 Deshane

Deshane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Is there going to be any type of game mechanic where we can get rid of our adventurers badge we have, to sac or give up, to enable us to purchase another? I have a badge with skills i rarely ever use, and feel that other then 1 skill on it, it is a waste, and that skill is only useful to me in a limited PK situation.

#10 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

I'm pretty sure Duende put in a way when they are implemented you can change, but would have to sacrifice all the ones you already had to build a new one.

You can't just picked the awesome skills and say why not these, diversify your options! I do think barbarians should get something other than maul or 2ha, but that doesnt mean pick two awesome ones like axe and battle rage, why not enhanced damage, bash, or sweep? But then again, this is just temporary until the ways to get badges are added.

#11 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Hey - valid complaints Sevaum. Right now Valks are the only fighter class with a great weapon bonus. I believe spear is their highest damage weapon. I think it would make sense for each fighter class to have their traditional weapon included - axe for barb, lance for cav, spear for valk, and sword(?) for paladin?

I thought battle rage would be less OP than bash or sweep, but I'm looking at it from a third classers perspective and I guess you get a lot more use out of battle rage at a higher level. Definitely not my intention to try and overload any single class.

Regardless, I think this is a fun way to test out the bonuses and look forward to further refinements and seeing how things work out.

#12 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Paladins and cavaloers kind of got off handed weapons. For diversity. Probably having to do with their help files. Valkyrie got the most powering set. Lay hands was nice for paladin.

Barbarian gets a huge bonus to two-handed weapons now. Which... is nothing to scoff at.

Perhaps if there were more class specfic pikes and polearms the skill power would be more balanced. Currently the range of good pikes is limited. Only four at end game. One is psionic only.

Pole arm is in the same boat. Only a select few worth using. At least it is one handed.

I feel for the most part the skill power was decent for all around everyone.

#13 Deshane

Deshane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

bump

#14 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Some classes have way better options than others, but I suspect admin is aware of the problem. It is likely on their (huge) list of things to adjust.