Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Achievement Quests: "Prove Yourself" Bug, & General Slowness in Phase Frequency

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Euterpe

Euterpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

I have three Achievement Quests remaining: Rogue (one phase left: Throwable Tricks), Valkyrie (one phase left: Prove Yourself), Druid (three phases left: Druid Healing, Druids around the world, Prove yourself).

Generally, the frequency of receiving a phase for an achievement quest is low. For the one phase left from Vashir, I've been trying for about 3.5 weeks to pull that one remaining quest.

Specifically, Chives, on Irda Isle, who initiates the Prove Yourself quest, refuses to give me that phase for the remaining Valkyrie achievement quest, stating:

'You have already proved yourself to be a master of your class.' Chives says to you. 'Perhaps you should work on another one.'

So, since I cannot pull the remaining phase for the Rogue achievement quest, I cannot be given the Prove Yourself quest from Chives.

I find this whole thing pretty annoying, and with the imm responsible for quests not having been active for several weeks, it seems likely these issues (which I've been told are known issues by Calum) won't be remedied any time soon.

Perhaps by 2020.

Euterpe

#2 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sounds annoying. I had the same issue. Took over a month for my final ranger phase. Since then I really haven't bothered to do any more quests.

I got the proven archon phase rather easily. The final phase from vendredi was the pain. Always ones I had done before.

Not quite the same issue, but similar to yours. I got told "bad luck". To quest complete then request a new one each time I got one I had already done.

One day I actually got three unneeded ranger quests in a row. That really was annoying.

Shrug.

Best of luck with this. Sure hope it is handled for you. =>

#3 Euterpe

Euterpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for sounding in Floyd. I have no faith anything will be done about this in any short order.

But maybe Bran or Vassago will actually see the value in figuring this out. I've been a loyal MM player, and donate to the game, but this will curb some of that donation.

#4 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Talk to me in-game and I'll give you that quest. I'll also rewrite Chives' quest hand-out. Bran hasn't been active as he's been having computer issues, so I am handling quests until he returns.

#5 Euterpe

Euterpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thank you Esker. When will you next be in-game?

Euterpe.