Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Hardcore and donations.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Fatbetty

Fatbetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:00 AM

So, what exactly is being done about hardcore donations? I know myself love to mess around with HC because it was cheaper and don't believe this is right to eliminate hardcores and force us to trade everything in for one piece.. If any of us knew this was going to happen we wouldn't have wasted them in the first place.. And what of of us that used the extra RU on restring coins for said donations? Almost everything I had was restrung to something. I would really like to have our stuff refunded in full.. atleast then I can use the 4 hardcores gear that I have to buy proper donations for one character :/ Thanks.

#2 Fatbetty

Fatbetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Oh and one last thing, ontop of that, backtracking our xp, do you honestly think I'm going to play a character that requires me to gain 148million xp at level 174, that is quite obsured.

#3 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:20 AM

I don't have any HC's (well that I remember a password or name to that is, but there's a multitude of characters I forgot about)

It is much more difficult to play HC with limited lives and stake everything in not dieing more than X times.

Something should be done to amend the experience issues, maybe making it so each HC that wasn't class capped had the normal amount or half the normal amount of exp required for the next level. Granted it was easier to level as HC, but that's because it was harder to do without getting killed. I'm guessing that it wasn't planned, just an overlooked issue when converting HC to normal characters.

Good luck with your requests.

#4 Fatbetty

Fatbetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

And a tab bit ridiculous.. they cannot expect someone to sit on one class for 148 million xp.. Yea, so what, we get penalized because we didn't class cap? because other things got in the way of us being able to play.. that's nice.. What about the 120's, 180's 240's that had time to go through, so nothing bad happens to them, just punish those that didn't complete it.. good idea. Sorry but this ticks me off to the point I don't even want to bother playing this anymore. It's changes like these that causes loses to player base.

#5 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

Jukiji requires 11mil to go from level 86 to 87. The level list shows it being 2mil.

While not extreme like other larger players I do agree with the issues. In my case it wasn't large.

I had been sitting on jukiji to eventually play when bored with Floyd. Now that the hardcore donation, gear and option is gone I really lost interest in what that was designed to be.

There have been a few threads about this. I commented once that all hardcore players who outlived hardcore should receive a mark and have donations requiring the mark to equip. In place of hardcore incarnations. All items stripped should be replaced and the vendor should sell at the original cost.

Not like there will be any new players buying in on this.

The total experience should be changed by immortals to be in line with your current class level. So players do not require all of second class for one level.

Seeing as these characters are grandfathered in.

#6 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

For the love of god, why is life so unfair?

#7 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Toothgnasher still plays?

#8 Blarfy

Blarfy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

for the people that didnt class cap, its your own fault. near the end you could hero a HC in 24 hours doing the right marks at the right times so to bad so sad. to be frank i liked the change. now i can play my char as it was intended without fear of loss.

#9 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Granted with various marks and boss kills this is true. You could level a hardcore rapidly. Exactly how this is the fault of players who either a) played casually, b)were inactive or c)saving their hardcore character to be played at a later time?

To be played as intended? Hardcore functioned EXACTLY as intended. If you wanted to play a non hardcore, then you should have answer NO to "will this character be hardcore?"

#10 Saskia

Saskia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

To be played as intended? Hardcore functioned EXACTLY as intended. If you wanted to play a non hardcore, then you should have answer NO to "will this character be hardcore?"

Uh, it was removed because it wasn't functioning as intended, or so I was told.

#11 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

they were made to be throwaway characters. a very very very small percentage of.people if any treated it as such. you made a thowaway character. quit being a crybaby about it being a normal character now. what they should have done was just wiped all hardcore characters. I can only imagine they knew people were gonna cry about them doing it this way, so they should have just wiped them and let you all cry about that instead.

#12 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

saskia - it was functioning. My incarnation counter functioned properly. If you mean to imply that the hardcores were not being erased as fast as intended, well. you just cannot make skilled players die all the time.

#13 Fatbetty

Fatbetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:18 PM

Some of the bull crap that spews from some of your mouths is just ridiculous. Some people enjoyed playing HC, like myself, and I could not put in even more then 30-45 minutes a day. This was enjoyable as it allowed me to waste time and actually go somewhere with a character. To have that nuked because "They wanted to" is retarded. There is no just to it. I could care a less about what your characters where, if You were class capped. The matter of the point remains, I spent RL money to have it wasted. That is the bottom line. I don't care if my characters where normalized. But give me back my RU as unspent because I wouldn't have used it as I did if HC never exsisted. If you're going to get rid of an entire section of the game, everyone that put money into it should be refunded everything the spent on said characters. Honestly it makes it feel like they just basically stole money from me. Regardless I know "I DECIDED TO USE IT THIS WAY" but I had zero clue that they would rid us of HC characters. Now I'm stuck with a shit load of donations I cannot used, that on the characters I do have probably value over 150 RU easily.. so yes, it pissed me off to the point I wouldn't even vote for this game anymore.

#14 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Fatbelly, the saddest part of this isn't they removed hardcore.

It is that even with them refunding all 150ru, you still only have enough for an aura and possibly some other donation. Which after the ar changes... is about a requirement.

Mayhaps you will get lucky and some kind immortal will trade you your hardcore donations for the non-hardcore equivalents.

#15 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

The last time you put 30-45 minutes into fatbetty was almost a year ago and 2 years the time before that. Unless you're whining about another character I'm going to say that your hour of playtime every 3 years isn't going to be missed.

#16 Fatbetty

Fatbetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

Neostar, eat it. I'm sorry I have a family and a life. I do enjoy to pop on now and again to play for myself, not you. I could care a less if any of you want me here or not... Not your choice now is it? Simple fact... A product gets recalled you are either allowed to trade it in for the new one or return it.. simple procedure.

#17 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

That is neither a universal rule of a product recall nor is this a demonstration of a product recall (helpful hint: there is no product involved).

#18 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Those of you with hardcore contribution items please email me directly and we'll discuss it.

#19 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Aren't hardcore donations stupid cheap? By cheap I mean like you spent 20 RU for a renewal and delivery? Not sure why you would've bought more than two donations if your exotic lifestyle only allows for one hour of play every 3 years.

I really do hope you get compensated though. I'd hate to not see you around anymore. What was your name again?

#20 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hardcore items did not lifespan. They could buy glove, aura, mask, delivery, reagent keys and I believe most of the neck slots. Maybe the pouch.

They were priced accordingly to hardcore's expected lifespan. Not long = dirt cheap.

As per the comments of "had 150ru invested" 'that won't get you much now'.

#21 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hardcore items did not lifespan. They could buy glove, aura, mask, delivery, reagent keys and I believe most of the neck slots. Maybe the pouch.

They were priced accordingly to hardcore's expected lifespan. Not long = dirt cheap.

As per the comments of "had 150ru invested" 'that won't get you much now'.

The Hardcore donations were a glove, aura, mask, delivery, shift stone, pouch, puzzle, track medallion, and maldra medallion. Now that auras and sds dont expire for normal characters only the pouch and puzzles need to be renewed, so its not like all of the items had lifespans.

I do agree with Fatbelly, really all I would be interested in is just a refund of the RU i spent on my hardcore. I'm not that upset that they are gone, but it sucks i spend ru on them and now i have useless donations in my inventory along with useless hardcore equipment.