Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Dracon class path question.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Balerion

Balerion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

I have a question about my class choice/s. Right now I am Dracon Barb. I am thinking about going witch, and knave. I cant seem to find anyone who is knave/ knows much about knaves. Does knave work decently well with barb and witch? I havent yet decided on wiz or psi. Thank you for any help I can get.

#2 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:20 AM

Dracon witch can be difficult. Knave is pretty seedy. They rely on personality. Knave/witch can be extremely potent.

Play a dracon knave around Lasler. Try out raise dukes, slit armor and slit tendon. Their strikes are good too.

#3 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

I'd say Knave is the worst possible thief choice for Dracon, but only because they can't ever get access to the accuracy bonus from riding. Dracon is all around a bad race despite having a large amount of high end items being devoted to it, racial AR and strong resistances with access to Poison and Disease resistance through gear. Low Agility, low Vitality and low Sanity make it very hard to play and not worth it in my opinion.

The Agility you'd lose from picking Knave over Rogue and not having access to Ranger is a very significant loss, you'll have to stack a lot of accuracy on gear to hit cap. Knave is a very weak PvE class, it has two extremely over rewarding PvE skills (Feign Love and Slit Throat) but the thing is you never need more than one Knave and they aren't all that rare to find. Slit Tendon has very niche uses and all the Strikes are terrible except for Strike at Heart. Rogue is all around better with skills that reward new and forgetful players, grappling shortcuts, tracking and Evasion helps with exploration.

Furthermore, don't screw yourself (and people you play with) by going witch without access to Cure Light (Monk or Paladin classes provide this spell for Witches, Bard to a lesser degree but I wouldn't go witch/bard without Paladin anyways since severe ST issues). Out of all the skills in the game, Cure Light is just about the only required skill. It's a healing spell that you can literally cast forever even with low Sanity races and new moons and can even be cast while silenced.

If you're dead set on Dracon I'd suggest Psionic/Shaman/Rogue, that'll make your character more playable by putting you in the second to highest SP regen bracket. Wizard doesn't really have much to offer Dracon other than castable Stone Skin, but honestly it's not hard to get Stone Skin on neverwhen pieces when you're hero/archon.

Otherwise Re-race to Minotaur and win everything by going AFK in combat.