Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Non game-breaking quality of life changes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#26 Hezkezl

Hezkezl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

So, looking at the spell cooldown stuff, I can see a need for a timer of some sort in certain instances.

1. Currently, there is a small timer that is set if you typo a target - this is less than a second, and exists as a way to keep people from using scripts to cycle through every letter of the alphabet, or camping a room waiting for something to enter. It is not the full cooldown for the spell.

2. As for fumbling a spell, scripted clients could have an advantage. players could have scripts that retry spells in a tight loop until it succeeds, and it's basically the same as succeeding the first try (albeit using a whole lot more SP).

I think there needs to be some sort of cooldown after a fumble, but I'm not sure it should be as extreme as the cooldown for a successfully cast spell. Something big enough to make things fair for everyone, but small enough not to be frustrating.

There is definitely a balancing act in making the game both fair and fun :)

#27 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

All herbs should drain stamina as they are working currently. High explosive got tannyoned, gezus.

Boomerang was a casualty. When I voiced my concern... this big brown flagpole appeared out of the ether....

Throwing receives a timer whenever a player types 'throw *anything'. No matter what. Did not throw, timer. No target, timer. No item to throw? Oh-timer. Not to mention it also does not get betters beyond levelling as far as I can tell. After three repeated betters from throwing a boomerang(in boomerang skill-bye loophole) and still 0 throwing betters? How does this happen when 95% of boomerang usage is via 'throw'.

The comments about herbalism. Perhaps, some of the herbs need to be reworked. Rainn, stop emoalting about levitation, sense life, death grip and the other herbs. The only one worth getting back would be death grip. Even then, golem empathy is useful.

Seriously though, maybe flame wind should be traded for something more useful.

If all the cries persist about the lag on high explosive, mayhaps a staff member would be sympathetic to altering the lag to a cool down on that specific herb.

#28 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2313 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

[ul]
[li]Add vouchers for home lots using gold. They went from costing 9mill to costing 18mill?[/li]
[li]Remove the timer from alliance talk.[/li]
[/ul]

#29 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

At this point you may as well remove the timer for quests, all it does is waste people time for no reason.

I thought we already did this?

#30 Eljay

Eljay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

The delay before you can start questing after login was removed.
There is still a delay between when you complete a quest and when you can request another quest that is quite annoying - encourages idleness when we should be encouraging activity in those who want to quest.

#31 Rufio

Rufio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

[ul]
[li]Add vouchers for home lots using gold. They went from costing 9mill to costing 18mill?[/li]
[/ul]

Yes, please.

#32 Harly

Harly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Regarding mobs with 4 defenses / temp cats: I don't know specifically what it was (if it was the change with "defense speed" and "attack speed" that happened in the last year, or something specific to temp cats or what), but I noticed last night while on a quest that the arena bull in temp cats became much harder than I remember. Even while bard slowed he was dodging at least 2 of my attacks every round, and hitting me 2-5 times per round, averaging 400-800 damage. I have 2100 hp total. I ended up dying because I (connection) lagged for a second or two and couldn't flee. The entire fight basically involved me staying in combat for 2-3 rounds then fleeing and full healing. I feel like this is kind of lame, and I would rather have the mob have 10x hp and maybe use more skills that I have to react to, as opposed to being able to kill me in 2-3 rounds with straight up punishing melee damage, where one bout of lag spells doom.

#33 Cutlex

Cutlex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Questing changes so far have been great, but there are at least a couple more that are long overdue.

1. Please remove the two quest per questmaster limit! I miss the days where people could pick their favorite town and develop a sense of community around it. Sigil used to be a mecca for trouble makers and the mischievous, now it's just a ghost town. Part of that may be a changing playerbase, but a larger part is only being able to do two quests there every two hours.

2. Also, please reduce the quest timers. Specifically, the ten minute failed timer and the five minute success timer. I can't count how many times I've idled out waiting for the timer. Having to sink hours upon hours of waiting for quests doesn't positively affect any part of the game.

#34 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Regarding mobs with 4 defenses / temp cats: I don't know specifically what it was (if it was the change with "defense speed" and "attack speed" that happened in the last year, or something specific to temp cats or what), but I noticed last night while on a quest that the arena bull in temp cats became much harder than I remember. Even while bard slowed he was dodging at least 2 of my attacks every round, and hitting me 2-5 times per round, averaging 400-800 damage. I have 2100 hp total. I ended up dying because I (connection) lagged for a second or two and couldn't flee. The entire fight basically involved me staying in combat for 2-3 rounds then fleeing and full healing. I feel like this is kind of lame, and I would rather have the mob have 10x hp and maybe use more skills that I have to react to, as opposed to being able to kill me in 2-3 rounds with straight up punishing melee damage, where one bout of lag spells doom.

Part of this, I feel all stemmed from the goal to "increase difficulty" of certain under challenging things. First class NPC's were getting multiple defenses. Still saying:second defense, the worst thing that ever happened.

Cutlex, I miss when sigil was a joyous place. Now, no one ever yells or shouts back. Gone are people actually using mirrors to chat. Just now relay bots. Even worse, now rune has mayors AND the only RU vendor.

#35 Codella

Codella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Receiving the two transportation gems from Lasler was very useful. However, I did not use up the tiger's eye gemstone. It is a 'identified nodrop insulated nouncurse' and does not decay. I would just spam use the remaining 15 charges, but it is level 55 and under and I am currently level 60. Do I have to carry this thing around forever?

B) <--- Me lookin' kewl carryin' ma gemstone.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

#36 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

hunters 'only attacking their intended target' already feels kinda terrible. combat stops when i flee.

not sure we needed to go quite that far w/ it. it'd just be nice if they didn't attack the hero in form. etc.

#37 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Receiving the two transportation gems from Lasler was very useful. However, I did not use up the tiger's eye gemstone. It is a 'identified nodrop insulated nouncurse' and does not decay. I would just spam use the remaining 15 charges, but it is level 55 and under and I am currently level 60. Do I have to carry this thing around forever?

B) <--- Me lookin' kewl carryin' ma gemstone.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

It will decay when you next level, they were missing the scripts to do so for 55+.

#38 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Questing changes so far have been great, but there are at least a couple more that are long overdue.

1. Please remove the two quest per questmaster limit! I miss the days where people could pick their favorite town and develop a sense of community around it. Sigil used to be a mecca for trouble makers and the mischievous, now it's just a ghost town. Part of that may be a changing playerbase, but a larger part is only being able to do two quests there every two hours.

2. Also, please reduce the quest timers. Specifically, the ten minute failed timer and the five minute success timer. I can't count how many times I've idled out waiting for the timer. Having to sink hours upon hours of waiting for quests doesn't positively affect any part of the game.

We honestly thought this was already done and will be looking into it. We had originally cut them in half to see how things went but we will consider a more drastic reduction.

#39 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

hunters 'only attacking their intended target' already feels kinda terrible. combat stops when i flee.

not sure we needed to go quite that far w/ it. it'd just be nice if they didn't attack the hero in form. etc.

Hunters were adjusted to keep them from killing low levels. The intended target portion was to avoid others using hunters against other players (who were on runs, etc), can you either respond here or email me with some more details so we can reevaluate? Thanks!

#40 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

my objection is i'm trying to make the other person in my form tank. i flee off, combat stops, come back, get hit. we're formed; i'm not making him tank against his will. :P

that said, i guess it's nice when i'm the hero in form, and i don't take huge damage when my form mate flees.

just feels weird, for combat to just stop. always kinda freaks me out when the rules of combat don't apply. wanted to make sure that was taken into consideration.

won't speak on the rest of it. not much of a terrorist myself.
if 'we' can't, they can't either, etc. feels like you guys are trying to be fair to everyone, and change our experience for the better, and i appreciate that.

#41 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ithrix function fine, beyond randomly aggressing players beneath hero and archon. The issue tends to be in room spells or, being bashed after the hunted archon flees.

If ithrix are changed to only target the hunted, does that mean tokens will no longer be bound?

#42 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

ithrix already got changed.

i guess its 'intended target' overriding room stacking, is what feels so strange. as far as my form fighting it i liked how it was originally, before things starting breaking. it seems like at some point the room stack took priority over [hey, that guy's not an archon,] & that's when things started getting weird.

after combat's started it would fight w/ a hero who'd fought against it, but they didn't used to agro heros on rift.

#43 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Forgive me, Rainnbowbrite... but eh, I remember ithrix aggressing any PC they wanted. Farther back than 2007.

The only issues I have ever heard of consistently was hunters rarely smashing low levels via room spells after the targeted archon fled. A few occasions I have more recently witnessed random breathes and bashes. Though very rare. Only if the low level stays in the room while the archon fights/flees/returns repeatedly.

While I may be missing something, surely some logs will assist with clarification as your post leaves mild confusion. Ithrix were altered again? Is this after duende fiddled with them to haunt high level archons?

Nothing like a bolt chased with triple bashing and a rapid close via emoting over pressurize.

#44 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

ithrix already got changed.

i guess its 'intended target' overriding room stacking, is what feels so strange. as far as my form fighting it i liked how it was originally, before things starting breaking. it seems like at some point the room stack took priority over [hey, that guy's not an archon,] & that's when things started getting weird.

after combat's started it would fight w/ a hero who'd fought against it, but they didn't used to agro heros on rift.

I don't know what you mean by room stacking, but what if Hunters fought anyone that attacked it, but did not aggro anyone other than their intended target?

Would that screw something up I'm not considering?

Hunters are still killing low levels with room attacks so that needs to be addressed still.

#45 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

While I may be missing something, surely some logs will assist with clarification as your post leaves mild confusion. Ithrix were altered again? Is this after duende fiddled with them to haunt high level archons?

Nothing like a bolt chased with triple bashing and a rapid close via emoting over pressurize.

We changed them to only attack their intended target. I think that's what she's referring to.

#46 Example

Example

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Room stacking is adjusting the positions of your form members in an attempt to force the mob to have to go through or aggro the stronger members of the form instead of the heros or weaker.
Another example is the order the mob switches tanks. U can stack a shield form so that when the hunter blinds its target in a 4 man form, it will switch tanks to someone u want to tank first rather than the one that will die quickly.

#47 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

^ what he said. if i flee, the guy who walked into the room last gets hit next, etc.

now combat just stops if its intended target flees; feels goofy.

#48 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

And how would my suggestion feel? Is there anything I'm missing that might leave loopholes or "break" things?

For reference: what if Hunters fought anyone that attacked it, but did not aggro anyone other than their intended target?

#49 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

Make it so the hunter is only aggro to those who have attacked it (aside from the original target), but still let anyone initiate combat.

If it were aggro to all archons, people would still summon them to mess peoples runs up; If it were only to initiate combat with the target, it would be harder to let someone else tank.

#50 Nisin

Nisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

You shiver and suffer from the poison burning within.

(Mount: 2421st)
[*]<1892hp 3159sp 2227st>
eat herb
You are too full to eat more.

This always seemed odd to me, that the only thing I can do is eat an herb to cure my poison, but at times I am apparently too full to eat anything? Seems like I should be able to eat this regardless, or be able to use it or "apply" it or something. :whistle: