Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Non game-breaking quality of life changes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#51 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

You shiver and suffer from the poison burning within.

(Mount: 2421st)
[*]<1892hp 3159sp 2227st>
eat herb
You are too full to eat more.

This always seemed odd to me, that the only thing I can do is eat an herb to cure my poison, but at times I am apparently too full to eat anything? Seems like I should be able to eat this regardless, or be able to use it or "apply" it or something. :whistle:

Hm, like a salve?

#52 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

You shiver and suffer from the poison burning within.

(Mount: 2421st)
[*]<1892hp 3159sp 2227st>
eat herb
You are too full to eat more.

This always seemed odd to me, that the only thing I can do is eat an herb to cure my poison, but at times I am apparently too full to eat anything? Seems like I should be able to eat this regardless, or be able to use it or "apply" it or something. :whistle:

This was the attempt to nerf people with herbalism from being able to spam herbs at no cost. Perhaps if someone has a better idea that would prevent such things (such as make the herb cost X sp/st when eaten or thrown instead of when mixing it).

#53 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Herbs already drain their spell cost in stamina when thrown or eaten. On top of costing sp to mix. Plus have been given cool downs.

This is fine already. It prevents the player from constantly munching cure disease and poison herbs.

Learn to use tact while eating. As in, drink only once from your decanter when hungry and thirsty. Spread it out. Do not drink unless your regeneration is low.

Oh, and remember. Use them intelligently.

If wanting to rant on herbs, lower the range of power for magic bomb some. Produce two or three new herbs to throw and one to eat. Allow awaken, flame wind and magic bomb to be thrown using only "throw *mix*". Casting the spell as they function.

So, awaken-you throw it in the air and walk into it. P.s. : allow awaken to be thrown at formation members.

Flamewind-room effect. Just like 'cast tremor/thunderclap' etc etc.

Magic bomb-sets the trap.

#54 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think getting full works reasonably well to prevent endless curing of disease and poison for no sp cost. Stamina costs of 70 are a joke and balance nothing. Either make them use sp or leave them as they are. Or maybe try something like limiting the number a character can carry at a time. This is important, regeneration and thus plague/poison are perhaps the most important thing in pvp.

#55 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

First and foremost, gnomes never ever have any room to speak about regeneration.

Second, herbs are already limited and frag easily.

Third, they(herbs) already do cost sp, "reagents", lag and THEN consume their casting cost in st to eat or throw.

Even an intelligent player can not effectively use herbs to cure endlessly. Failed logic on every front. If this is an issue, I immediately move to double the reagent and SP cost of druid variants for cure poison and cure disease.

When I offered up using limited carrying capacity of herbs, Gezus you had so much to say about how that would never work or balance anything.

#56 Codella

Codella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Quest 1028 Delicacy Dee-lish

Phase 2: Defeat a chained initiate.

Chained initiates are protected by the Powers.

#57 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I would like to add my voice to the group of players requesting out-of-form healing be restored.

#58 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I would like to add my voice to the group of players requesting out-of-form healing be restored.

This just propogates NPC's having fourth attack, attack speed, third defense, defense speed and other asshatery of idioms for "difficulty". Is this really what the game needs?

Personally, I much rather fighting a NPC with witty code work that requires my brain to work much over and again than hours of eye bleed c 'cure light' *malekyrie*.

The game needs less attacks and defenses, not more. Increasing the ease of healing tanks demands having greater ability to damage and sustain damage on the "PvE" spectrum. Do you like soloing NPC's with four defenses? Is bad enough overcoming third defense...

#59 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

This just propogates NPC's having fourth attack, attack speed, third defense, defense speed and other asshatery of idioms for "difficulty". Is this really what the game needs?

Personally, I much rather fighting a NPC with witty code work that requires my brain to work much over and again than hours of eye bleed c 'cure light' *malekyrie*.

The game needs less attacks and defenses, not more. Increasing the ease of healing tanks demands having greater ability to damage and sustain damage on the "PvE" spectrum. Do you like soloing NPC's with four defenses? Is bad enough overcoming third defense...

#60 Hael

Hael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'm still rather upset with the changes to knave, granted I'm still a new player the only reasons I went knave have systematically been picked apart and nerfed to all hell, slit throat (seeing as I'm normally a hero in a form of archons specifically for that reason and use it alot) doesn't land as often as people seem to think, the fact I can go 10, 20, even 30 rounds of combat and fail it every time was annoying enough just to cut out 5 or 10 minutes of fight, then to add a limit of it's uses just utterly killed the skill, feign love was one of my fav skills and now that is nerfed aswell, and from what I'm hearing slit armor is nerfed also. are there any skills knave has that are going to be left alone?

on other topics I'm very happy with the new hunter rules simply cause often times I would just be formed with archons and a hunter would rift in and bash me to death upon entering the room (with max racial HP and gear adding an additional 300 HP.)

I do think level restricted runs would be awesome if they were made scaling with the exception of maybe a few since they give you ample amounts of hints and warning to go do them before a specific time such as dragon.

I personally would love to see a change to a bracelet of life sustaining to me more practical for the amount of QP used as well as some of the other items that never get bought, also to aid in the herbalism thing Maybe creating a bracelet of hunger so that it takes twice as much to get full. this both balances the issue of eating in that it's still limited but also gives you more shots at eating your herbs.

#61 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Thror: Thank you. For choosing lame mechanics you set basic triggers to.

Hael: there is already a method in game to produce a similar effect. That said, wait a few months. Witch already has seen like four or five of these flat-tit nerfs. Granted the class became weaker each time, it became more balanced. Now to just motivate the staff to move on gnome, half-elf and druid... >.<

#62 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

and from what I'm hearing slit armor is nerfed also. are there any skills knave has that are going to be left alone?

? Slit armor is fine, it's on the same level as other ar debuffs.

#63 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

One thing that could help is the reducing the amount of no-mount rooms in upper-level content areas like Hellbent, or being able to take a mount into the Domain of Arbaces for us Cavaliers at least. :)

#64 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

yeah, anyone that'd attacked it would probly be better.

right now they're so friendly, if you're formed and rift 2 hunters, the 2nd one politely waits for you to finish before attacking. it works out in our favor, but they're so subdued they're kinda hard to take seriously. i hear the orcbreeds aren't attacking now either.

#65 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

yeah, anyone that'd attacked it would probly be better.

right now they're so friendly, if you're formed and rift 2 hunters, the 2nd one politely waits for you to finish before attacking. it works out in our favor, but they're so subdued they're kinda hard to take seriously. i hear the orcbreeds aren't attacking now either.

Hm, I don't think targeting anyone that attacked would make that any better. This may take some time, so bear with us. Thanks for letting us know though.

#66 Nisin

Nisin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

One thing that could help is the reducing the amount of no-mount rooms in upper-level content areas like Hellbent, or being able to take a mount into the Domain of Arbaces for us Cavaliers at least. :)

I completed DoA with a mount. No problem there.

But agreed that some places need to be reconsidered on their no-mount "status".

#67 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

i dispelled bahamutt's hunter and cast about 15 spells on it. it didn't mind at all until he walked back in the room w/ us.

yeap. feels silly.

#68 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I completed DoA with a mount. No problem there.

But agreed that some places need to be reconsidered on their no-mount "status".

You can have one in there if you summon mount in certain outdoor rooms in DoA, but you can't take a mount into DoA, and the only way to take a mount into PG was the hermit before the worm was set to PG.

#69 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

How about a mark of trash so we can finally enter templeton castle instead of impersonating a janitor for the 5,000th time. :)

You focus your powers of observation on a janitor's patch:
Item 'a janitor's patch' is type clothing, alignment 0, made of cloth (in (new) condition),
has keywords 'janitor patch', equipped on the arms.
This item weighs 0 stones and 1 pebbles, and is valued at 0 gold.
This level 40 item has the attributes: identified
*This item may be repaired 4 times.
This patch has a picture of a broom and a pile of trash on it. All the janitors in town wear it which allows them to go just about anywhere late at night.

:D

#70 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2313 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Can we please get a way for those of us with the shame mark to be able to get past Sathan without having to use a gate pass?

No, I don't want to kill him/blind him/use another gate.

#71 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Perem: that was already changed.

#72 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

Locations available: the witch sister, the mighty balrog, the demigod, the destructomancer, the self-proclaimed master of all evil, the damned.

any part of this negotiable? :(
we were gonna do ravella, but.. doesn't go there anymore.

just curious why counterfeit manuals were changed so much.
seems like the only thing it's good for is destructomancer now, because it can't be reached otherwise.
most ppl don't have pp to burn to do a run; the stuff that was made solo only isn't solo-able anymore, to my knowledge.

and it still costs -2 stats..

there was something i was interested in burning these on; now there isn't:
Practices: 825

just feels like there's not really an abundance of runs or gear right now, and pulling the short cut hurts more than it helps.

#73 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Locations available: the witch sister, the mighty balrog, the demigod, the destructomancer, the self-proclaimed master of all evil, the damned.

any part of this negotiable? :(
we were gonna do ravella, but.. doesn't go there anymore.

just curious why counterfeit manuals were changed so much.
seems like the only thing it's good for is destructomancer now, because it can't be reached otherwise.
most ppl don't have pp to burn to do a run; the stuff that was made solo only isn't solo-able anymore, to my knowledge.

and it still costs -2 stats..

there was something i was interested in burning these on; now there isn't:
Practices: 825

just feels like there's not really an abundance of runs or gear right now, and pulling the short cut hurts more than it helps.

Given that at any point in time as content is added there is literally the most content there has ever been availble....your comment makes no sense.

#74 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Counterfeit manuals have never been the only way to make it to Khorfeu, just the easiest. Maybe if you understood that fact you'd understand that you've hardly scratched the surface of available content.

But the real reason that you haven't scratched the surface of available content is that it's mostly pointless.

The real issue is that the game has a cap called Archon where Archon levels mean very little outside of gear differences and probably save checks in pvp. You can dive into the majority of content with hero stats and +ar gear you find along the way.

Then what?

You get slightly better gear with scripts focused around PvP. There's no progression, not even horizontal progression, you need 100 AR as soon as you can get it, saves beyond that are mostly worthless after minor break points.

Adding vertical progression centered around new gear stats centered around PvE and non-stagnation (i.e. questing to infinity) would solve this non-game breaking but game killing core mechanic.

#75 Rainn

Rainn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

the item got made useless~
and why not just pull it out at that point.
if it turned into a pile of dids when it decayed at least it'd be good for something.