Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Ship questions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Drip

Drip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Hello,
I'm not finding any answers anywhere for some of the questions I have about ships and ship combats.
Forgive me if this does exist somewhere already.
I'm thinking of buying a ship to level up and also to make gold.
From what I remember, shipping is a good way to do both of these for 3rd class.
My money is limited and I'm wondering what is the smallest ship that is efficient enough to get away with ship combat?
Also,which weapons and upgrades for this ship should I work on getting first?
I would appreciate any advice on this.
Thank you,
Drip

#2 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

If you want to make your pirating life profitable you will need to go with a Junk or a Super Dreadnaught, anything else and you will be throwing good money after bad. You would probably want to fully upgrade your ship too, which is another 5-6 mill for a ship with no uprgades.

#3 Drip

Drip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

That's what I was afraid of.
I almost bought a galleon yesterday thinking it might be big enough
to handle a few fights, be slow in the begining, but then I would
upgrade later to a bigger ship.
Is there any good ship combat guides around for me to have a look at and read up on before I venture into this?
Drip

#4 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Though there is one disadvantage big ships have, unless its been changed. If a pirate ship is too small compared to your ship, you don't get any drops. As such, big ships have to sail further out to sea; whereas, the small ships can stay near the port at times thus they can run back and forth between the port and their farming ground more quickly.

Even on a big ship, your cargo hold fills up fast and you burn up your ammo quickly. As such it can take longer & be more dangerous since you may find yourself having low hull and no ammo while needing to return to port.

#5 Drip

Drip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Thanks Solus,
So it is possible to at least get started using a smaller ship then.
What does it cost to stock up on ammo and repair a ship normally and what can you expect to make between each restock and repair trip?
I really need a guide on this. I have too many questions about this.

#6 Drip

Drip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Well got impatient bought a drakkar upgraded weapons, fueled it up.
Rolled off rune dock, timed out.
When i logged back in i was onland.
Lol. I really need a guide.
Googled it and found an old website.
Anyone know of any newer guides for ships?
Please help
Drip

#7 Taliesyn

Taliesyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Not sure exactly what you mean in the last post? You can't find your ship? If so: ship locate

Also just typing ship alone will give a full list of shipping commands.

In regards to making spking profitable:

I myself have numerous ships, of these I use Drakkar, Junk, and Super Dread- For each pirate ship level range of course.

Best areas for spking:

Drakkar - Pirates cove to Lowangen on the west side of Irda Isle reef.

Junk - Pirates cove to whirlpool, decent area around wp

Super dread - Whirlpool and farther southeast, (bit out of way but west of xav area as well)

Haven't really used anything smaller than a drakkar, however anything smaller would be best on east side of tellerium..don't venture too far or you will end up west of xaventry.

You can make good profit with all three ship types I have listed here.

Also when setting up your weapons:

For maximum profit: basic cannonballs, and any light ballista you get from ship salvages (or any ammo for that matter)

Basic cannons have the fastest reload time and are low cost on ammo.

Make sure to also set your weapon priorities accordingly:

Basic cannon: 10
Light ballista: 9

Any other weapons you install just go by how often you salvage from a sunken pirate as to which you would like to use afterwards.

Now as per your fire launcher, it needs to be set to 0. As you don't want it to fire on it's own. Fire launcher is only affective once a ships shields have dropped.

Harpoon: I usually have my harpoon set mid range, as they really don't play a roll in sinking a pirate unless he is trying to escape. So I would say 5 would be fine. In terms of spking vs another player it is nice to have it set higher.

Drakkar perks: Spk drakkar pirates and other ships close in level.

Junk: Some drakkars attack Junks from time to time. Junk has a faster speed than other ships, and makes for a quick get away if need be, especially against an SD.

Super Dread- While lacking a few knots worth of speed they make up for this with sheer damage capabilities and load capacities.

#8 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

If you are brave, plink the corsair and drakkar from around decara, sea hag and hotel hello.

I used a dromond for some time. Then stepped into a super dreadnaught. Though, the dromond is faster. Speed is critical if you know how to play fast. The key is timing.