Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

crusading equipment

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

As these have been broken(entirely, or disabled) for more than four months after which multiple months it worked only on half of the weapons falling into the designated primary script and also the secondary script has been altered; would it be generally acceptable to reset all of them with correction to the primary script or offer something else equally functional in design as a replacement?

It has been reported for over six months. Seriously, someone else has to have this item and have noticed.

Can elaborate more upon request.

#2 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Lots of Duende's items are bugged, this is common knowledge. He is now gone.

Those items that are/were overpowered were first on the list to be adjusted/rebalanced.

Among fixing items there are also hundreds/thousands of other bugs, and game systems that needed changed/fixed.

Chief among those issues were things making it difficult to come back to the game (removing renewals on donation items, changing some armor items to make getting decently equipped go more smoothly, adding returning player spellbooks, etc.........) or start playing and learn the game (for players unfamiliar with muds, this is a very complex game to get into) with changes such as the new rune forest, and added depth to first class content.

Along with this, a ton of runs and miniquests that had broken aspects to them have been worked on.

Esker is bombarded every day by dozens/hundreds of people demanding things of him for their individual priorities, he also has his own priorities to work on, as does every other imm. Very few people have the crusading equipment, it's hard to justify spending much time to figure out what's wrong with it and fix it when there are more pressing issues that impact hundreds of people. I myself have a TON of one-of-a-kind items that are or have been broken at various points in time, I remind him about them every now and then, but you have to try to be understanding about what their priorities are and how much work they're putting in to better the game.

#3 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

With all that sentiment, it really leads to a lack of desire to bother playing. While slightly cross thread, in response to the "current status of my retirement".

It has been reported by multiple players over a much larger time span. Further, it hardly is overpowered. I merely requested restoring the secondary script to its prior state as per the failure to allow proper level adjust. Which was in large discussion between esker and I.

The primary script needs to be patched. It randomly would work with proper weapons. It since has (under my continued testing) apparently been disabled. Entirely. Or suddenly just exploded into millions of code bytes that no longer function at any rate.

I had a moderately prolonged conversation with Esker over several weeks. He mentioned various tweaks to items. None of which happened. I requested simple fixes. Also which did not happen. Brought to light scripting mechanics that have since been altered. As is, the item is literally worthless. Which is deplorable for being "such a rare item".

Actually, the Valkyrie gear was fixed. Though nothing else saw adjustment. Save for a rework to the secondary script. Which, probably no one else knew about.

So, yes Dragonburner I do understand the time constraints. There is only so much some one can do. Thank you for the time you spent posting.

#4 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Lol, pretty sure this game has no issues impacting "hundreds of people."

#5 Kazmo

Kazmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#6 Sevaum

Sevaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Can elaborate more upon request.

Please.

#7 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

The new rune forest content has been done to completion by several hundreds of unique people, and yes that accounts for people doing it multiple times.

#8 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:48 PM

The new rune forest content has been done to completion by several hundreds of unique people, and yes that accounts for people doing it multiple times.

Is this not the easiest and fastest method of levelling in first class now? An implication such as yours misleads others to believe there are infact more unique players than realistically are logging in.

Want to argue it, open your own thread. Stop derailing a thread about rare items that have not been fixed.

Sevaum, I did elaborate. Though you failed to see that. Sorry your screen reader missed large portions of text.

#9 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

It doesn't mislead anyone about anything, it has in fact been completed by hundreds of unique players.

Your item is broken, so are dozens of others, wait patiently and deal with it. One item being disabled isn't ruining your game experience, especially since you don't even play.

#10 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:27 AM

Maybe I would actively participate if half of the things about my character were not broken.

#11 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Chances are any sort of unique item you ever own will be cpked off you by some player pretending to like you. I wouldn't waste your time fussing over it. Unless you think the crusading equipment might actually let you be able to beat some 4th classers then which in that case we better make it a high priority.

I had 300+ mil locked up in useless evolving items and I didn't quit over it. Shut up about the three pieces of gear you have nobody cares. The current staff is working their asses off and you're unbelievably ungrateful, rude, and inconsiderate. They have their hands full give them a little time. THEY DIDNT FIX EVERYTHING IVE TOLD THEM. Join the club. You just happen to be the only one crying because you're too simple minded to have any sympathy for them for the game they took over.

#12 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Cute. Almost like your sister.

Back to the topic(that alliance two keeps driving as far as possible from).

This is not a one-off item. Other players have it and have reported it faulty. A long time ago. As in more than a year. This is not a hard fix.

Staff stated that lowering the item level, allowing proper level-adjust to grant appropriate armor ratings for non jewellery slots would be unfair. Then, altered the secondary script to stop functioning as it previously did. While not fixing the large issues with the primary.

Those issues were the script would randomly function with a weapon falling withing the designated category. As in, some days boomerang would activate the script and others it would not. Same with every other "long-ranged" weapon in game.

I merely requested that the secondary script be restored as it will never be allowed to level adjust in the current state of this equipment and reworking the primary script to properly function at the current declared rates.

Every troll around claims I am being things other than direct. If you feel otherwise that is fine. After series of talks(dating back to the spring) with staff, numerous logs and continued waiting I am suddenly simple minded?

Never mind what reasons I have for asking yet again to have this properly addressed. Will it be? No. Never. Just like all the other issues I ever mention.

Now, here comes the "TL;DR *troll rant response*" from some other self-entitled member of this community. Maybe you can find something else and trash talk to feel empowered. You still have yet to provide any legitimate contribution to this thread. So stay off of it. Never have you used this item. Nor has anyone else who so kindly thread trolled.

Sincerely, Floyd.

#13 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

ramble ramble ramble self-entitled ramble ramble ramble

^ lol the irony.

You're still missing the part where major game mechanic bug fixes, and abuse-able item fixes, gaps in game content, and broken runs all are all WAY ahead of fixing any given item script on the priority list.

Which of the other 'numerous' people who have the item and reported it are crying incessantly about it instead of just waiting patiently until it gets fixed?

#14 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

ramble ramble ramble self-entitled ramble ramble ramble

^ lol the irony.

You're still missing the part where major game mechanic bug fixes, and abuse-able item fixes, gaps in game content, and broken runs all are all WAY ahead of fixing any given item script on the priority list.

Which of the other 'numerous' people who have the item and reported it are crying incessantly about it instead of just waiting patiently until it gets fixed?

Ya, keep lying to yourself. Witch has had issues with how many spells for what duration of years? Half a decade? See them getting fixed yet? Last I saw, staff only wanted to make more low level content. Though I would greatly enjoy being proven wrong with that assessment. =D

Again, I could care less about large fixes. Most of the things that come to mind for a large fix is five years or more in the making and affects more than five people... still has not been addressed. So, again - you never have used this item. Get off the thread.

#15 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

[quote name='Floyd'][quote name='Minotorious'][quote name='Floyd']ramble ramble ramble self-entitled ramble ramble ramble[/quote]

^ lol the irony.

Which of the other 'numerous' people who have the item and reported it are crying incessantly about it instead of just waiting patiently until it gets fixed?[/quote]

Ya, keep lying to yourself. Witch has had issues with how many spells for what duration of years? Half a decade? See them getting fixed yet? Last I saw, staff only wanted to make more low level content. Though I would greatly enjoy being proven wrong with that assessment. =D
[/quote]

[quote=SYSUPDATES]
4742 10-27-2013 Kayde Calm will no longer fail when a player in the caster's formation fails a saving throw.
4734 10-25-2013 Esker Added missing loot to the plaguebearer.
4731 10-24-2013 Esker Fixed some oversights with a lash named Acuity and archmage leggings.
4730 10-19-2013 Esker Adjusted and updated the items from the Vir artificer.
4728 10-18-2013 Esker Removed the limitations on some healing spells that meant they could not be used on targets outside your formation.
4727 10-18-2013 Esker Adjusted the restrictions on a shroud of stars and some heavy iron gear.
4724 10-15-2013 Esker Overhauled archon hunters and redid their fight scripting.
4719 10-9-2013 Kayde Fixed an issue with the Mark of Xyzzy.
4717 10-7-2013 Esker Fixed some oversights and loopholes in the relic binding process.
4716 10-7-2013 Kayde Fixed the mark of Benevolence.
4714 10-5-2013 Esker Changed the material type for the aegis of the stormseeker to something more durable.
4713 10-5-2013 Esker Killing MEGAFATHER will temporarily remove binding curse on the form.
4708 10-2-2013 Kayde Fixed the Bard's song Hinder. Affects were not being applied when fighting a Player target.
4704 9-29-2013 Esker Adjusted ethersnatch gauntlets some more; summoning stones will no longer be required, but the potions will not work unless the gauntlets are equipped.
702 9-28-2013 Esker Fixed some issues with the miniquest for the mark of Justice.
4701 9-28-2013 Esker Adjusted the cooldowns and strengths of some knave skills.
4698 9-26-2013 Esker Fixed an issue with the glowing tourmaline gloves of well-being.
4697 9-26-2013 Esker Fixed further issues with the suit of knives and monster claws.
4693 9-23-2013 Esker Lifespans on magical belt pouches have been removed (change now active).
4691 9-22-2013 Esker Cut the price of magical belt pouches to 40 RU.
4683 9-22-2013 Kayde Ships no longer permanently lose hull strength when sunk.
4676 9-21-2013 Esker Adjusted flexing armbands.
4654 9-12-2013 Esker Fixed the Curse of Xazra's recall so that all players who resurrect there are restored, not just the last player.
4648 9-11-2013 Esker Real Jhepps souls have gained 4 repairs (retroactive).
4647 9-11-2013 Esker Ascendant resurrectors may be turned in at Balthazar for a special, inert pulsar that can be permanently changed into one of 13 spells of your choice.
4632 9-2-2013 Esker Made the 'shadow golem' spell not require a summoning stone.
4625 9-1-2013 Esker Adjusted 'searing touch' to be cheaper and easier to cast, but less powerful.
4624 8-31-2013 Esker Adjusted the frost giant king's mark of royalty.
4619 8-29-2013 Esker The Mark of Priestliness no longer requires the Mark of Wisdom.
4612 8-23-2013 Esker Changed 'elemental shield' and 'spell shield' so they cannot be cast while panicked.
4611 8-23-2013 Esker Removed the cooldown from 'spell shield'.
4584 8-13-2013 Esker Fixed an issue with static cloaks.
4583 8-13-2013 Esker Fixed an issue with the Crystal Guild.
4578 8-9-2013 Esker Fixed something preventing Bloodlines quests displaying completed phases.
4577 8-9-2013 Esker Added a way to augment bracers of the elements.
4576 8-6-2013 Esker Removed script randomization on artificed silver filigree bows.
4575 8-6-2013 Esker Removed script randomization on a blackened bovine skull necklace.
4574 8-6-2013 Esker Removed script randomization on darkening garters.
4573 8-6-2013 Esker Removed script randomization on something from the astral plane.
4568 8-4-2013 Esker Increased the speed with which doors in Abacax's area open.
4566 8-4-2013 Esker Added a SP cost to Raymatus' battle lantern.
4565 8-4-2013 Esker Halved the debuff from Raymatus' ring of the hegemon, and made it work on NPCs (with the debuff halved yet again).
4564 8-4-2013 Esker Capped the -ar on the one true axe of Raymatus.
4561 8-3-2013 Esker Made ceramic tailguards toggle nodrop/nouncurse if carried by the original owner, reimbursement script disabled until reboot.
4558 8-3-2013 Esker Added 'new' lights to the Archmage Kessarian and made his loot pool vary more often.
4554 8-3-2013 Esker Adjusted the script on rice paper ringlet from the master of the drunken monkey to fire more often.
4552 8-3-2013 Esker Added a new item to the imp of the perverse.
4545 7-31-2013 Esker Removed the requirement of the Mark of Wisdom from the Mark of Ministry.
4542 7-28-2013 Esker Fixed Khorfeu the Destructomancer dropping expired puzzle boxes.
4535 7-28-2013 Esker Fixed the ferromancer dropping expired enchantment magnets.
4530 7-27-2013 Esker Updated the summoning of Mharizad, the elder vampire, and redid his fight scripting.
4529 7-26-2013 Esker Made the script on a maul named 'Klub Dodskalle Samt not work if the weapon-type is not maul.
4528 7-26-2013 Esker Adjusted sliith items and made them check svrod.
4527 7-26-2013 Esker Altered the lifespans on MEGAFATHER cubes slightly, according to boss category * 20.
4519 7-24-2013 Esker Buffed silver filigree bow artifices.
4518 7-24-2013 Esker Made mysterious artifacts bind-on-take. This will not affect those that currently exist.
4516 7-24-2013 Esker Fixed MEGAFATHER cubes not vanishing when expired.
4515 7-24-2013 Esker Added a sprig container, available from Undya (in before reboot).
4505 7-21-2013 Esker Fixed the New Kolvir blademaster attacking non-evil characters.
4504 7-21-2013 Esker Capped the scripts on an electromantic wand and the mighty sword of a wizard guardian.
4503 7-21-2013 Esker Fixed fight scripting for the mindtaker.
4502 7-21-2013 Esker Boosted availability of ogre-magi gauntlets slightly.
4501 7-21-2013 Esker Changed Abacax.
4500 7-21-2013 Esker Gave the potbellied imp an artifact drop.
4499 7-21-2013 Esker Changed the Simes swords set bonus from 90 damage to 100 sword skill-power.
4498 7-21-2013 Esker Made the slaadi destructomancer not transfer people out of the area, just kick them out of the room into the waiting enemies.
4497 7-21-2013 Esker Fixed valkyrie's gear.
4489 7-19-2013 Esker Fixed the Wizardry mark.
4488 7-19-2013 Esker Fixed an issue with the working of the MEGAFATHER cube.
4487 7-18-2013 Esker Fixed Xazra's chest teleporting and made it move at midnight every RL day.
4486 7-18-2013 Esker Fixed an issue with the Rhazminiki Yex helm cats.
4485 7-18-2013 Esker Fixed + adjusted Djedefra's band.
4484 7-18-2013 Esker Adjusted white hand wraps.
4481 7-16-2013 Esker Added an artifact to Kessarian, MEGAFATHER and Jhepp's loot pools.
4480 7-16-2013 Esker Added a shield to Prince Raymatus Galzmati's loot pool.
4478 7-16-2013 Esker Increased the availability of Nezak favors.
4476 7-16-2013 Esker Made toy soldiers and shaman save-location (in for previous reboot).
4475 7-16-2013 Esker Made something in the Tower of Art make more noise.
4463 7-16-2013 Esker Added the mark of Invigoration.
[/quote]

GOD, I WISH THE IMMS WOULD STOP DOING ALL THIS LOW LEVEL CONTENT.

[/quote]
Again, I could care less about large fixes. Most of the things that come to mind for a large fix is five years or more in the making and affects more than five people... still has not been addressed. So, again - you never have used this item. Get off the thread.[/quote]

So you are never going to post in any thread about things you haven't personally used, runs you haven't personally been on, or things you know nothing about ever again?

Agree to that and I'm gone :P

#16 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

Holy crap duecheburner! You can copy paste? I noticed multiple fixes to scripted items in there. But... only a few players have those. Why was this not handled? It was not like the staff was unaware... oh wait. I personally fielded that answer earlier.

Ya-look at those dates and the majority of what I've discussed over multiple threads. Seems like it is all just miss for Floyd. Save "fixing" the artificed filigree bow. Which is perpetually worse than the non artificed variant. Though, that is another topic.

You also missed the best fix. Kayde repaired air halo.

The rest, no real pleasure in seeing. Most of the changes were reducing the power of "end game items". Sure, shadow golem change was nice. Though, it made no difference. Not like there was an unlimited supply of those summoning stones.

But per change 4519, this is not accurate at all. Esker actually "standardized" the damage of the scripts. In reality it reduced the damage. I already brought this up as well.

So, again - you post useless content in this thread.

Do you ever get off that imm disco-stick?

#17 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:04 AM

Holy crap duecheburner! You can copy paste? I noticed multiple fixes to scripted items in there. But... only a few players have those. Why was this not handled? It was not like the staff was unaware... oh wait. I personally fielded that answer earlier.

Ya-look at those dates and the majority of what I've discussed over multiple threads. Seems like it is all just miss for Floyd. Save "fixing" the artificed filigree bow. Which is perpetually worse than the non artificed variant. Though, that is another topic.

You also missed the best fix. Kayde repaired air halo.

The rest, no real pleasure in seeing. Most of the changes were reducing the power of "end game items". Sure, shadow golem change was nice. Though, it made no difference. Not like there was an unlimited supply of those summoning stones.

But per change 4519, this is not accurate at all. Esker actually "standardized" the damage of the scripts. In reality it reduced the damage. I already brought this up as well.

So, again - you post useless content in this thread.

Do you ever get off that imm disco-stick?

You said imms only interest is adding low level stuff and that you'd like to be proven wrong.

I posted dozens of recent examples of them changing high level content.

plz stahp.

#18 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'm pretty sure the majority of the people responding to you don't actually CARE what's wrong with the item. Nobody is arguing that it needs fixing we're simple trying to get you to realize (with no luck) that they have a lot on their plates and your constant negative attitude and rude comments toward them aren't helping. Remind them once in a while and when they get around to it they will. The fact they haven't fixed everything you've told them about doesn't reflect poorly on them because if you were active you'd have an idea of how much time and work they've put in. All this thread does is reflect poorly on you.

#19 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the majority of the people responding to you don't actually CARE what's wrong with the item. Nobody is arguing that it needs fixing we're simple trying to get you to realize (with no luck) that they have a lot on their plates and your constant negative attitude and rude comments toward them aren't helping. Remind them once in a while and when they get around to it they will. The fact they haven't fixed everything you've told them about doesn't reflect poorly on them because if you were active you'd have an idea of how much time and work they've put in. All this thread does is reflect poorly on you.

Considering the last time I directly inquired about this item was approximately six months ago and was told at that time, "I will look into it this weekend."?

Ya, reflects poorly. On my ability to wait. Just like the last time I complained about skill powers not functioning for Floyd. Same response. Or, witch spells.

While sure, unique items may be last on the priority list, skill power only one bracket ahead of the prior... why has the witch issues not been fixed?

In response to being active, give me a legitimate reason to bother logging in and attempting to play when there are still so many issues? Sure, maybe the tweak to hunters was great. I more than likely will never know. Simply because the only thing left for me to do is exactly what every troll here is crying about: complain about the things that have been broken for a prolonged period of time. The moment there is a worthwhile update posted, you can bet your lucky gold coin I will come back and participate. Until then, consider it constructive motivation. Just like every one of you has given me. For nearly a decade.

#20 Neostar

Neostar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

You're still missing the point. It's not that you brought it up it's how you go about it and the comments you make about the staff in the process. YOU are not a priority. YOUR ITEMS are not a priority. You know what is a priority? Everything DB listed. They'll get around to it. We get that it's an easy fix but so is the other thousand things on their list. Have you not figured out that a lot of "easy fixes" requires a lot of time? I have yet to find a single skill power that functions on my character except 1. Do you see me crying? I've brought it up to them a couple times but I don't throw a hissy fit and act like they're doing a poor job. When they get around to it they'll get around to it.

Why would I give you a reason to log in? You're just drama. You play for a while, act like an idiot, get fullgeared then try to make some dramatic exit only to not go anywhere. You're worse than me, and that's saying a lot. There have been "so many issues" since the first time you typed "New" on the log-in screen. The staff now is actually trying to fix that and you're beyond ungrateful. You really think what you're doing ENCOURAGES them to log on and try and fix stuff? Have a positive attitude ffs that's what'll drive them.

#21 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:48 AM

whine whine, cry cry. floyd i don't ever even see people wanting to use this equipment. we are all also still waiting for them to fix whatever is wrong with spells not being able to be cast to extend/or replace their counterparts. sanctuary/fire invo, aegis/armor, levitation/air invo. etc etc. a playful rib everyone once in awhile to remind them something is still not working correctly will get the job done much faster and not make you look like a complete bag of dicks about it. take the advice of the entire game around you. quit being a doucher.