Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Celestia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Esker

Esker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that we must inform you of the passing of Celestia,
one of our members of staff. While she has not been active as an Immortal
since 2009 due to illness, we were still asked regularly when or if she
would be returning. She often expressed the desire to return to the game,
but unfortunately she passed away peacefully in September of this year.
Celestia was a big part of this game, and many older players will remember
her with fondness. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family.

The Administrators.

#2 Lonar

Lonar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

We demand a shrine.

#3 Scrooge

Scrooge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10983 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:05 PM

Now she walks with Jesus in heaven.

#4 Garrison

Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

Heard the sad news from a friend. Rest in peace Celestia. Great memories with her.

#5 Semtex

Semtex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

Very sad to hear, she is one of the few that left a mark on me from so many years ago. Rest in peace.

#6 Hullu

Hullu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

RIP. Condolences to her family.

#7 Marentha

Marentha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

My boyfriend and I met in Materia Magica when we were 11 and 13. Celestia handfasted us within the game several years later, and we always joked that we would try to pay-her-way to the real wedding.

She was a wonderful person, and we'll miss her dearly.

#8 Caillean

Caillean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

This is so sad, and I am so sorry to read it. Through all my years involved in the game, be it as just a player or during my imm years, Cel was invaluably wrapped up in my game life. She built every home that I own (often with me there with her giving on-the-fly instruction, which I'm sure drove her nuts) and performed many of my handfastings and weddings including (if I remember correctly) the final one when Caillean and Sabu married in game (about 7 years before we married IRL).

I've not been active in MM in many moons, but I think of her often and just earlier this week I was wondering about her. She was an incredibly patient and forgiving woman with a steel reserve to continually withstand some of the abuse that some players in my day hurled at her. I hope that she has found peace, and that wherever she is now she knows that I cared.

#9 Rathas

Rathas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

We need a shrine built asap. She was a very great immortal and frankly one of my fondest memories of this game.

#10 Acelin

Acelin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

That's really unfortunate. I was a pain in her ass, and I can still list a thousand compliments for the way she handled herself each and every time. She was a really solid person, and immortal, in my experience. My thoughts go out to her loved ones.

#11 Zerophyre

Zerophyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

A kind, helpful, strong person. That was Celestia. You will be missed, but not forgotten. Rest in peace, dear fellow MMer.

#12 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

This is quite a shock! :( I am deeply saddened by this. Cel was and still is one of my favorites. Definitely in the top 3. When she left to pursue other goals, I felt a void. She was like a matron saint to me, in terms of the game itself. She always took care of me and my unwarranted neediness.
When I first started and heard of her for the first time, I thought "Wow. What a cool and glorious name Celestia is!" I always admired her great sense of acuity and insight.
She took care of most of my handfastings and marriages, or supervised it. She helped me build my crazy house, that even after sending a formal request, she talked to me directly about it as I walked her through.

Truly heartbreaking news. Cel, you will be missed. I hope that wherever you are, you are no longer suffering for you are no longer tied to the weight of this world. Rest in peace, old friend.

:sheep::flame:

#13 Lilitu

Lilitu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1618 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

I am deeply saddened to learn about this. My sincerest condolences go out to friends and family. Celestia was a huge part of the MM family. <3 R.I.P.

#14 Damone

Damone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:09 PM

I wish I could say that I had fond memories of Celestia during the time I played while she was present. We had quite a few unpleasant encounters. I still feel a lot of the punishments I managed to get from her were unfair at best, however... after it was all said and done, we eventually owned up to our mistakes and apologized to each other like adults. I hold no grudges against her actions and I am saddened, as I am with all MMers who pass, to hear that she will no longer be a part of this world.

Celestia, I wish your family well in this time of sorrow. You will be greatly missed by this community and I am sure by the one you left behind in real life. Rest in peace.

#15 Keegan

Keegan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

:<

#16 Adizam

Adizam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:54 AM

She built the first house I ever had :\. I left shortly after.. never really got to know her outside of bugging her for stuff.

Really sad to hear this. At least she went peacefully I suppose.

#17 Pepper

Pepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

A beautiful soul and now she really is an imm with Jesus.