Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Racial Considerations - An Open-Forum Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#26 Perrin

Perrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Thaen: Could you draw up some schematics for Kenku and Lizardman, and even Turtle if you'd like, as per Reznov's guidelines(as best you can) to make what you're saying easier to envision? I've never liked Dracons, due to their gayness, and am intrigued.

Gezus: I feel like you didn't read the very first post in this thread. And the all caps text that accompanied some of it.

#27 Voramyd

Voramyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Thaen, for humor purposes, what was each of their luck? How many casts was this figure factored over? Honestly, it sounds more like conjuncture than anything as a multitude of factors affect spells fumbling.

#28 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Reznov's guidelines are stupid. There's much more that goes into a race than average stats. I'll acknowledge your request though.

One of the core flaws of Evil races is that typically they're forced into Barbarian and Shaman since Sahuagin is hardly a viable race and the only viable witch path includes Paladin. Druid is no longer as broken as it was for turtling 5+ years ago so it should be re-considered for more races as a highly defensive cleric class vs. the offensive Priest and Shaman.

Race: Lizardman.
Vitals: 2250/1700/2350
Strength: 21
Knowledge: 18
Wisdom: 18
Agility: 20
Personality: 18
Vitality: 21
Luck: 19
Courage: 20
Sanity: 19
Fighter: Barbarian, Cavalier, Paladin.
Mage: Wizard, Monk, Psionic.
Cleric: Shaman, Druid, Witch.
Thief: Rogue, Knave.

Racial Affects: 1ar per 80 levels. Fire resistance/Cold vulnerability. Slash type h2h. Poison and Acid breaths. Partial bash resistance (10%). Sense Life. Possesses tail.

Racial Ability: Deal 10% more damage during daytime in sectors that allow natural light. When fire damage occurs in a room other than weapon damage they'll gain their racial despite the time of day or light access for one round.

Race: Kenku/Birdman
Vitals: 2150/1900/2000
Strength: 19
Knowledge: 18
Wisdom: 18
Agility: 22
Personality: 20
Vitality: 19
Luck: 21
Courage: 18
Sanity: 19
Fighter: Cavalier, Barbarian, Valkyrie.
Mage: Ranger, Psionic, Wizard, Monk.
Cleric: Druid, Priest.
Thief: Rogue, Bard, Knave.

Racial Affects: Racial levitation through Wings. 1 ar per 80 levels. Partial bash resistance (10%). Resistance to Lightning. Ability to breathe Fire, Frost and Lightning. Slash h2h damage due to claws.

Racial Ability: Greatly increased damage to kick with a default attack zone of Torso, dealing Slash damage because of their Talons. 30 Weapon Skill power to weapons that deal slash damage and weigh under .5 stones.

#29 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Thaen, for humor purposes, what was each of their luck? How many casts was this figure factored over? Honestly, it sounds more like conjuncture than anything as a multitude of factors affect spells fumbling.

I guess since you don't log into the game anymore, Floyd, I'll humor you. Drow and Human have 1 point of difference between their luck and mobiles don't seem to actually have stats, so I can't tell you the luck of the targets cast upon and why the tests were conducted with casting on myself.

But from what I gather luck checks one way currently, if you have higher luck you have a bonus, if you don't then there's no bonus.

So the Drow with 20 luck and 25 sanity that had 72 successful casts with c 'slow' self out of 100.

The human with 21 luck and 21 sanity on the other hand had 45 successful c 'slow' self out of 100.

The tests were both conducted with half waxing/gibbous waning moons in the same room in the wilds.

This of course only matters to a degree since once you get slow up to 100% even with low sanity it wont fail very often.

#30 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

tidbits for consideration

Gezus, I never said sanity was not important. Only that if wisdom and knowledge were adjusted to be much more important

The best bet is to whine, cry, petition, bemoan and otherwise beg the staff to make wisdom, knowledge and sanity much more critical in spellcasting.

Everyone knows, beyond(in no order) drow, dracon, minotaur, gnome and now (to an extent) sahuagin are all overly built in respects to other races.

As Thaen pointed out it is vital to success or failure in spell casting. Also, sp regen happens to be one of the most important thing in playing mm in any capacity. Here is the list of stats I care about.

agility
sanity
vitality
agility again
personality but only because I am a knave.

#31 Gnomar

Gnomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

First for birds with arms.

#32 Umaonidd

Umaonidd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

make resistances work like wood weapons hurting elves less.... make weapons composed of certain materials work right... why have a iron sword if it does work.... why be res wood if it doesn't work... we don't need new things in the game until everything has been fixed.... fish people are interesting..... I haven't made one yet so I can't say of they are cool or not but the people I see play them seem to be happy. If you don't like what race or class or sex you went then remort.... my run character has turn into a pker and my pker does runs now.... what a wild world we live in and after 10 years i play my valk and dracon a lot more than i use too.... Of course many things need tweaked like some spells that don't work (concentration) or various other things.