Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

What's up with Alyria?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Whether or not some people can transcend human nature or not, in my 18 years of experience running the game, I've seen it put to the test more often than not, and people fail that test. I am happy to know there are shining exceptions.

#52 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

So the timing of this seems to line up with Duende leaving.

I am tickled pink that after literally years of ranting about "corrupt, cheating" immortals you force out the best developer the game has seen for whatever reason, then immediately start cheating. Comon, you must see the irony there.

So, if all this loading of things happened in July, why is everyone up in arms about it now? I think there are large parts of the story you're omitting.

#53 Isis

Isis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

what i'm curious about is HOW you cry babies always knew where alyce was way before he actually was on that run/place and showed up there the sec his form entered the area

It's very easy to figure out who's going on a big form run and which run they're going on, very quickly.

I'm sure it it is , but i asked HOW as with only a who or where it still takes longer to find out then tooth and others did and showed up there where alyce was

#54 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:55 PM

Oh also, Hi everyone! How's it going? Been a minute huh?

#55 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Thank you for your words spunkie, and let me just say that I watched you in planar in combat with spunkie and your low level alt formed prior to that, that was in fact the 2nd time I had seen you multi-playing since my time as an immortal and I was indeed a little harsher with you on that occasion because I was afk on the occasion prior and decided I'd wait until the second time. These things happen its not a big deal, its dealt with and we just move on. As for the mount from complex I took the moment you left underg as the moment your time started on your 2 hour timer. I did not intend to enforce this rule on you, just to give you a chance to make that decision for yourself and be aware of how it would be interpreted by me in my report to kayde, including your time frames. For all intents and purposes I was helping you prevent people from lodging complaints against you for breaking rules. I even went so far as to tell you the time frames I would accept which a) started 15 or so minutes after your acquisiton of the mount (when you left underg) and B) I gave you the option of killing the mount at the end of your 2 hours in order to make it be gone until its next repop which is even maybe another 15 minutes. I told you then, and I tell you now, I think it was funny what you did with the mount, its exactly the thing I expected you to do because its exactly what I would have done if I were you.

#56 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:06 PM

what i'm curious about is HOW you cry babies always knew where alyce was way before he actually was on that run/place and showed up there the sec his form entered the area

It's very easy to figure out who's going on a big form run and which run they're going on, very quickly.

I'm sure it it is , but i asked HOW as with only a who or where it still takes longer to find out then tooth and others did and showed up there where alyce was

Are you suggesting I was using my immortal to do this? Joking aside, the simple answer is I almost exclusively use who and where. Sometimes I get a tip from a player who saw something. If you monitor who on a constant basis, you get a picture of what people are doing and where they are going. I also know Alyce well since I used to lead and participate in runs with him.

What you see as impossible is really just being good at something.

#57 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

So, if all this loading of things happened in July, why is everyone up in arms about it now? I think there are large parts of the story you're omitting.

we only recently found out alyce bought the game. there were some rumors previously but it's only been confirmed for about a month.

since then we started asking things like, how'd they run Old Fed w/ 3 ppl successfully?

million other things. i'm not sure how to arrange it properly.

hit the proverbial fan on talk yesterday & this is alyce's attempt to dig himself out.

[TALK] Kurr: 'You just said you would have site banned me if you could get away with it.'

#58 Romus

Romus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

I am wondering what caused Hezkezl to leave, and Kayde to consider leaving. Surely it couldn't have just been a few immloaded items.

#59 Thaen

Thaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Fair play only goes so far, especially when you still can't compete after plugging the game genie in.

And honestly, Vass, if you really cared about the longevity of the game then why did you accept $350,000 for it? You're just a greedy scam artist moving on to your next scam.

#60 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

That was taken out of context, he said he would have site banned him if he was the type of person you are claiming him to be....

And the fact that you don't think its possible to 3man oldfed just speaks of your own incompetence. Because he did do it without any imm help more than once..

#61 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

That was taken out of context, he said he would have site banned him if he was the type of person you are claiming him to be....

And the fact that you don't think its possible to 3man oldfed just speaks of your own incompetence. Because he did do it without any imm help more than once..

stop addressing me, tweaky. this week you're the one frozen. :)

#62 Isis

Isis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Fair play only goes so far, especially when you still can't compete after plugging the game genie in.

And honestly, Vass, if you really cared about the longevity of the game then why did you accept $350,000 for it? You're just a greedy scam artist moving on to your next scam.

You should so be site banned for this , 18 years you were able to play for free even now the game is still free, all you damn losers do is whine and complain, hell i hope Alyce makes MM PAY TO PLAY to wead out you trouble makers

#63 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:31 PM

stop addressing me, tweaky. this week you're the one frozen. :)

You can end up that way too, Isra.

#64 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:33 PM

Pfft, The fact that you think it's necessary to 3man old fed just speaks of your own incompetence. Because I did it solo without any imm help, but only once because Duende decided the mobs should rapestick you if you have the mark.

;)

#65 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

To be fair, I was requested to lower the damage done to those who had the mark, I don't know if that was before or after. However, the change was run by other players beforehand so it was not just an Alyce request.

#66 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

You can end up that way too, Isra.

oh i'm aware!!

but in a world where 1 player can load whatever he wants that doesn't matter so much.

i'd like an answer to romus' question.

#67 Kayde

Kayde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:48 PM

I am wondering what caused Hezkezl to leave, and Kayde to consider leaving. Surely it couldn't have just been a few immloaded items.

We received a response from Alyce that made us feel like fighting any longer was a lost cause. His post here says otherwise, so again, if it is honest and true, then I will stay.

Only time can tell but as long as I am here, I keep my word to you all that anything I'm aware of will or has been dealt with and there isn't anything to worry about.

I am truly sorry it has come to this, but perhaps it is for the best.

#68 Kazmo

Kazmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

Hours Played: 42,485

i for one appreciate all the sacrifices that were made by alyce and anyone else keeping the game alive.. thanks guys.....

#69 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:10 PM

Hours Played: 42,485

i for one appreciate all the sacrifices that were made by alyce and anyone else keeping the game alive.. thanks guys.....

Yet, if I had bought the game and was loading myself permanent astrals and inaccessible eq instead of your clannie, I think you'd be rather upset.

#70 Csia

Csia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:19 PM

Where are the other imms? What are their opinions? Are there even any other imms left?

Also, Rascon's posts in this thread seriously call your judgement into question.

#71 Vassago

Vassago

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7968 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thaen: I wasn't paid $350k for it (read the initial post carefully). I have been running this game for 18 years, and I knew I was burned out, so I wanted to pass it on to someone who had the same passion about it that I did, with the resources to give it some of the things I couldn't. I had a hard time doing it but I think it was the right decision for me _and_ the game. I would have told everyone about this sooner if I'd been able to, and I'm not happy with the way this was announced to the playerbase, but that wasn't my choice.

Over that 18 years, I made mistakes, some major ones, some minor ones, many I regret, but all I learned from. Omnis is going through that learning process as well. I'm probably one of the few people who can understand how it feels when this sort of thing happens, so trust me when I say he feels this deeply.

If I didn't care about it I wouldn't even know about this and wouldn't be posting here. I understand you're angry but I'm not an enemy by any means.

#72 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Alyce:

I don't think you get it. It is within your power this instant to do what you say you want to do. Namely, what is best for the game. Accept the consequences for abusing your immortal to the benefit of your mortal. I'm not in a position to say what fair consequences are for what you have done, but these are things that come to mind...

Logically that would be having your immortal retired until you demonstrate the maturity to handle the situation differently.

Accept an appropriate fine in gold, equipment, archons points, whatever. I understand you used your immortal to tank bosses and transfer your forms around. What else?

Allow admin to do the jobs you hired them to do and agree to abide by the rules going forward to an extent that a game-developer such as Hezkezl would agree to work with you.

#73 Isis

Isis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Where are the other imms? What are their opinions? Are there even any other imms left?

Also, Rascon's posts in this thread seriously call your judgement into question.

There are still many Imms left

#74 Gnomar

Gnomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

It's really not appropriate to have immortals actively administrating while concurrently playing the game as a mortal. That's the issue, first and foremost. I realize that people who have a vested interest in the game's progression who don't currently play don't grow on trees, but recruiting people to imm who actively play creates a clear conflict of interest.

#75 Lynarlan

Lynarlan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

After 8 pages of talking about what did happen, i think its time to move past it and realize(hopefully) that what happened is the past and start talking about what needs to be done from everyone to make this game better.