Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

New Psionic combat touch spell Synaptic shock.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Garwyn

Garwyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hi guys. Thought of an interesting touch combat spell for Psionic class called synaptic shock or something on that lines. Its a touch combat spell where the player would touch a enemy. This is where it gets interesting. As for damage it is not the most damaging spell as far as spells does but it shocks and plays with the mind doing nasty things. Fist off it can interrupt a spell and spell process for a very short duration of time. It can also interfere with the attack and defense process making attacks less accurate or missing attacks for a very short duration, one combat round. Lastly it might also interfere with defense in that it would take away one defense for that round. Overall it is a nasty combat spell with very limited damage but overall very worthy for combat especially tough bosses.

What do you guys think?

#2 Starwalker

Starwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Based off of current trends, dont you think psi are powerful enough, if not OP when combined with other classes? I dont know how many times ive heard psionic is the only way to go. between being silent casters to start with (silence doesnt hinder them), and having some of the best variants of spell types, such as plague.then some of the more helpful psi only spells which are exceedingly helpful (spook being just one) i would tend to think psi have enough spells. I realize i wont have the popular opinion in this case but im playing the devils advocate.

#3 Garwyn

Garwyn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Might be ever powering not sure but as a counterspell spell might be interesting.