Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Clan Taxes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Will admin please give the reasoning behind the return of clan taxes? Last year the monthly clan taxes were completely removed from the game. Now they are being returned, and for some clans double from what they used to be. It is this kind of yo-yo change that I think turns people away from a game. If a change this dramatic needs to be made from time to time, I think a good explanation of the reasoning behind it would be worthwhile.

#2 Mutiny

Mutiny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

yeah what toothgnasher said :whistle:

#3 Isis

Isis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

for this i agree with tooth , there many other things to fix admin should focus on

#4 Karnifax

Karnifax

aka: Sarra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

i'm still rather hazy on this, but what is the actual official rate going to be? i kept hearing a bunch of different amounts being tossed around and have no idea what the actual numbers are. this amount of uncertainty both scares and confuses me. i'd like to know how bad we're getting hit.

Go forth into the water, live there, die there.

#5 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

I don't know if this has or will changed, and no official statement has been made on the amount (official meaning news entry, forum posting, etc), but here's something from the help file:
CLAN TAXES
Clans are charged monthly taxes based upon membership.
Tax is calculated at 20 roots per member slot in use.

I'm pretty sure this is similar or identical to the old formula, based on taxes I used to pay. This would be a fair rate, IMO; it's not even that hard to maintain, assuming you have at least 1 in 20 members somewhat active on occasion and willing/able to go to PG -- or managed to stockpile roots when you did :P

#6 Odium

Odium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

I think it is a good change. How many players do we have playing at any given time? Is there really a need for a clan list that has more clans then players on at any given hour? Less clans = more active clans and not just peoples alts parked or spying on each others alliances.

#7 Gnomar

Gnomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:11 AM

Another step in the wrong direction.

#8 Odium

Odium

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm sorry do you still log on or are you joining the ranks of people who complain on the forums without playing? Others at least wanted to know the reasoning behind it and asked about the amount it would be and wanted a little more information behind the change.

#9 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:59 AM

http://annwn.info/player/Duende

shall we speculate? :)

#10 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

I think it is a good change. How many players do we have playing at any given time? Is there really a need for a clan list that has more clans then players on at any given hour? Less clans = more active clans and not just peoples alts parked or spying on each others alliances.

If the goal is fewer clans (the goal has not been stated to be such), there are better ways to accomplish it.

#11 Gnomar

Gnomar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'm sorry do you still log on or are you joining the ranks of people who complain on the forums without playing?

As a clan owner, I can say with absolute certainty that this issue affects me far more than it affects you, "Odium". I can also tell you it's not going to help matters. I can just call in root debts that I'm owed, kick everybody but myself out of my clan and use the 45 seconds I spend logged in every month to pay taxes. There are people in my clan who still play, but oh well, sacrifices apparently must be made for some reason. If that's the intended result, a bunch of empty, inactive clans with 1 person in them, great. Sounds like the perfect solution.

#12 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

dead game is dead. get over it.

#13 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:39 AM

SUCK IT

#14 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

Isra you're annoying. Stop posting.

#15 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

Isra you're annoying. Stop posting.

dear arcadin,
nobody likes you either.

#16 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

I didn't say nobody likes you I said you're annoying. Everything you post is annoying and since at 23 years old I don't think I have enough time left on this earth to get through to you WHY you're annoying I think it's best if you just stop posting. No good will or has come of it. I know of a few solid corners here in Vegas we could put your hands to better use on.

#17 Isra

Isra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

i know i'm doing it. i don't care about you or your opinion.
fortunately i'm still not the one in vegas. common mistake ;)

#18 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:03 PM

Did I say you were in Vegas? Why you have channels on any medium is beyond my comprehension. The only thing you've done right is evade natural selection. Sneaky sneaky.

#19 Vudd

Vudd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

Clan taxes being doubled is stupid.

I was going to make it witty but it is too early.

:blink:

#20 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Using negative reinforcement to try to get the few remaining players to use the mechanics YOU want them to use is a bad idea and will only result in even less activity.

#21 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

If you want people to do something then put a carrot on that string.