Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Personalised mounts.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

Do you often find yourself thinking "Damn, I wish I was a ranger so I could summon a mount"?

INTRODUCING: Personalised Mounts.
New Reward Unit item available (hopefully) soon from The Animal Shelter Foyer, The Van Pelt Reward Emporium.

Item 'a voucher for the adoption of a pet horse' is type artifact, alignment 0, made of paper (in (new) condition), has keywords 'voucher house pet horse adoption'.
This item weighs 0 stones and 5 pebbles, and is valued at 50 gold. 
This level 5 item has the attributes: no-sac no-donate donation insulated nodecay nochange
This voucher can be redeemed for permission to adopt a horse as a house pet.  Type USE VOUCHER SELECT to begin selection.  USE VOUCHER RESTART to restart.  See HELP HOUSEPETS for details.  This voucher provides enough food to last for 4 Alyrian years.  Be aware that house pets are restricted to one's home at this time. 

Not only can you use your 'an enchanted whistle' to summon your mount to your current location, your mount will only obey you. If some rapscallion was to try and steal your mount it would buck and kick them off.

That's not all, you can upgrade your mounts.
50 Reward Units will buy you your own personalised mount that you can name what ever you like.
10 Reward Units will allow you to add permanent levitation to your mount.
10 Reward Units will allow you to add permanent haste to your mount.
50 Reward Units will allow you to order your mount to sneak. That's right, you read correctly. You can now that sneaking mount you've been longing for.

"Is that all?" I hear you saying
Woah there Alyrian, no it is not.
These are not a one trick pony, they're not even a two trick pony. For a low price of 12 Reward Units you can buy a book that will teach your horse to do tricks. Just watch the follow information video to find out more.

Don't worry though, these mounts have been blessed by the beautiful Cassandra to make them protected by the powers.

Don't delay, buy your own stallion today for the low price of 50 reward units.

#2 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:39 AM

There are some issues here...

First, the ordering mounts. The sneaking mount bug was to sneak and then mount. While ordering the steed to sneak is novel, I would much prefer the ability to order them.

Second, the cost. Make the mount 50ru, a 20ru upgrade for haste, levitation and sanctuary, and then an additional 34ru allowing the steed to be ordered. Sit, stand, sneak, hide, directions and to eat/drink.

Third, what about players wanting to own a whole stable? For another small purchase, players should be allowed companion equine and they can breed(by purchasing an RU breeding voucher) a third horse. Each one can be trained or specialized.

Finally, allow the mounts to carry certain persons by order. So, if I desire to have Nevada carry a sick, tired and old fogy because their joints creak...

Overall, interesting idea. Of course, I am behind it. Possibly horse breeding could be a part of bloodlines as an alternative to owning such a large quantity of homes. Allowing that a large stable must be built only in a home of decent size.

P.s. what if the horse could be ordered to "kick *direction*" allowing a player without bash(in applicable areas) to physically force doors open.

#3 Gunbladee

Gunbladee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

Love the whole thing, good idea. Bout time I could make a mount with my own personal touch. Also add spectral flag, so they can go in no-mount areas.

#4 Grimheart

Grimheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

I say Neigh!

:laugh:

#5 Perem

Perem

There be pirates