Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Retirement Speech

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Spunkie

Spunkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hello friends and foes,

I just wanted to announce that I'm stepping down and retiring from playing. I was involved yesterday with an incident that makes me uncomfortable continuing to support this game and its current administration. I had a chance to sleep on it, so I'm not writing this in anger or in spite of anyone. Last night I had made a questionable comment on the games talk channel. It was like any other Friday night, where players who log on and use talk use it as a medium for making belligerent comments. I had contributed to this.

The reason why I'm stepping away is simple. Yesterday Alyce and other members of his alliance were killing Vyst while I had made my belligerent remark on talk. I was punished by Omnis for this. For those who don't know, Omnis is Alyce's immortal. Omnis had previously said that he would no longer be on live. I'm concerned, because of the fact that I was punished by Omnis, while Alyce was currently on a run. I don't want to throw any accusations out there, but if he is doing this while playing his mortal, I can't help but have other thoughts cross my head; wondering what else he might be doing. I should also mention that at the time there was 5 wizinvis immortals currently logged on and one of those immortals should have handled my punishment. I had logged on alternative characters to continue talking on talk. Each of those characters were handed a punishment, even though I hadn't said anything justifying punishment. Reason for those characters punishments were as follows: Rabble Rabble and circumventing previous punishment. Alyce and I had a conversation through tells later that night and I want to mention that he did apologize and I told him that I agreed that I should have been punished. However, I mentioned that it should not have been him who issued the punishment and it should never be him as it just looks bad for any person(s) who may oppose him in the future and/or play on the opposite specter of his beliefs.

Alyce is not a bad guy, it's because of him that this game is still around and I will be the first to thank him for that. Alyce has invested a lot of time and money into Alyria and we should all thank him for this.

The reason why I decided to share this with everyone is because I wanted to formally say my goodbyes. I walked a fine line when playing. I enjoyed PK and yes that's an aspect of the game that frustrates players on the opposite end of my PK situations. Many times have been CPK situations. Anyone who has been CPK'D by me has come forth and said that I'm not a bad person and more often then not, I would return the equipment to those players.

Please don't come out and say that I'm Floyding, I'm not emotional or hysterical right now or ever for that matter. I simply feel that with such a small player base that when even small situations like this arise, it makes me have less confidence of what's happening in the big picture and merely feel like investing further time into playing would be silly on my behalf, as I'll always be that person that is the opposition.

If anyone wants to remain in contact with me. You can either respond with contact information on here. Email address, Numbers, Facebook and PSN. I'll eventually also log on from time to time to check for i-mails if you don't feel comfortable leaving contact information on here. I know I wouldn't leave any contact info on here myself.

I want to wish Alyria the best of luck and I hope that it has many more years of success. I also hope the day comes where I feel like I can return and the player base is flourishing with more and more players. Until then all that's left to say is goodbye.

#2 Minus

Minus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

Let me be the first to say...

SUCK IT!

#3 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:33 AM

:groan: now only alyce's alliance is left...

"There can be only one!"

Farewell Spunkie. You will be missed.

#4 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Thanks for playing with me for the past 15 years, I hope someday you will come back and we can play for another 15 years together. Much love and respect Spunkie.

#5 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

Hi Alyria!

Many thanks to the amazing team that has come together in Alyria’s time of need. I can’t wait to release the list of new Immortals soon. We are just finalizing the process of getting new Immortals on board and trained. As many of you have noticed, we have several Immortals on to provide assistance on the live server. After a few more Immortal meetings, we will have a polished, official list of the 13+ Immortals and the roles they will be filling. Until then, please join me in welcoming Satina back to the live server, as well as welcoming Lanasar and Amicus. With Esker, Sueno and others around, it is no longer mandatory that I operate on live as an administrator. As such, I will be returning to active duty on Alyce and go to using Omnis on Dev as of this post. More news to come soon!

Alyce/Omnis

What happened to this, Alyce/Omnis?

#6 Reis

Reis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

I got in trouble for pasting that on talk :sick:
Maybe here will be more acceptable

Also, Spunkie, NOOOOOO :( :( :(
Understandable though

#7 Darkk

Darkk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

Seeyas Sprunkay.

Gnomar was correct like always.

Minus will soon be left saying "suck it" to himself.

#8 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

http://annwn.info/file/2318

Nuff said

#9 Galalad

Galalad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

I'm having a bunch of fun. Those of use who enjoy runs are feeling good. the more run ruiners that quit the game the better i feel. I am in no one's inner circle, never have been and most likely never will be. but watching all the 'mighty' fall is great

#10 Spunkie

Spunkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hael - I think you missed the point completely. I still trust Alyce, but he does have a history of cheating already.

Galalad - Part of a multiplayer game is having people who play, not just NPCs. As for being a run spoiler, part of playing a game is having a challenge set in front of you. Unless you're the person who played every NES with a Game Genie, then I can understand why you wouldn't want that added challenge.

Syll - Thanks for posting a log, you didn't have to go out of your way to do this. After actually reading the log, I see that I was maliciously targeted. I did say something in poor taste, however, I personally feel that reversing the name of a deceased player is disgusting and even more in poor taste. The fact that his name continues to appear as Isnes is absolutely disgusting to his memory. Alyce was however really good friends with Sensi in real life and if anyone here knows what Sensi's last wishes were it would be Alyce. I just think it's terrible that someone continues to log on that character and that there isn't a shrine set up for people who have played this game for years and contributed so much to it, that are no longer with us.

Alyce - I enjoy playing. I want to play. But I think before I can come back and play, you need to step up and let everyone know what's happening publicly. Retire Alyce or Retire Omnis, otherwise the playing field will never "appear" to be fair to anyone who is going to take this mud seriously from here on forth. I also completely understand if you want this to be your own personal exclusive game for you and your friends. After all you spent a lot of money on this and have every right to make it your own thing.