Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Making pre-archon more enjoyable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Khronik

Khronik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

K so, first off, with the declining player base, it's getting exceedingly more difficult to get forms together for pre-fourth class runs. To remedy this, I suggest making dungeon runs and boss kill difficulty scale to form size, with the minimum scaling being to a form size of 2. This way a dungeon run or boss kill could potentially be soloable with the right level of skill and gear, but still promotes forming.

Secondly, I think it would add a level of excitement to lower classes to implement pre-archon hunters. These hunters would start coming after adventurers as soon as they hit the level cap for their class, but any formed lower-level characters would be able to participate in the fight, so long as they were in the same class (first, second, etc.). Of course, player characters in higher classes wouldn't be able to join in to lower class hunter fights. Drops would include gold, tokens (that award pp instead of ap), astral(s), didactics and vandy shards.

Do it nao.

#2 Karnifax

Karnifax

aka: Sarra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

i think something to the effect of this would be a pretty cool idea.

Go forth into the water, live there, die there.

#3 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Why not just increase the experience cap based upon class number and raise the amount of experience mobiles will bestow. Throw in a random pp bonus every 15 levels like stat gains. Done. Want hunters, do DOA. Which, I noticed that hero's today cannot even do without more equipment than I currently have. *head shake*.

#4 Karnifax

Karnifax

aka: Sarra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:43 PM

I suspect that it might have more to do with their lack of patience rather than total incompetence. Spending what feels like an eternity sitting in one or two rooms, running back and forth to avoid nasty mobs tends to make people seem like they are incapable. When in fact, they are just lazy, or too impatient. :(

Go forth into the water, live there, die there.

#5 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

Running DoA is a significant time investment. It is tough these days to find multiple hour blocks where I can give a video game my undivided attention. Without pick lock or magic unlock, getting to DoA in a timely fashion is over half the battle. The difficulty once inside is appropriate, and being able to save your level progress is great. I have made two trips down and have two or three levels left to go. However I do not see myself having the time to go finish anytime soon. There is still plenty of content available at 240 so I feel no rush.

#6 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Why not just increase the experience cap based upon class number and raise the amount of experience mobiles will bestow. Throw in a random pp bonus every 15 levels like stat gains. Done. Want hunters, do DOA. Which, I noticed that hero's today cannot even do without more equipment than I currently have. *head shake*.

hmm I know i let a lot of my friends wear my best gear in DOA which could explain some of this trend *shrug*

#7 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

K so, first off, with the declining player base, it's getting exceedingly more difficult to get forms together for pre-fourth class runs. To remedy this, I suggest making dungeon runs and boss kill difficulty scale to form size, with the minimum scaling being to a form size of 2. This way a dungeon run or boss kill could potentially be soloable with the right level of skill and gear, but still promotes forming.

Secondly, I think it would add a level of excitement to lower classes to implement pre-archon hunters. These hunters would start coming after adventurers as soon as they hit the level cap for their class, but any formed lower-level characters would be able to participate in the fight, so long as they were in the same class (first, second, etc.). Of course, player characters in higher classes wouldn't be able to join in to lower class hunter fights. Drops would include gold, tokens (that award pp instead of ap), astral(s), didactics and vandy shards.

Do it nao.

Nothing will improve while this animosity between certain players and groups remains and no effort is done to bring in new players. With people like Spunkie and other people (Run ruiners as referred to a previous post) gone soon everyone will have done everything with nothing to hinder you and then what? "Hey guys! We did it! What's next? Nothing? Oh..."

#8 Lixue

Lixue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

Ur all on crack doa is a piece of piss and twice now I have done it on chars that I rushed and didn't train any real skills or spells, in neverwen gear and I managed to do it both times in a matter of days not even spending hours each day doing it, it's easy to complete just needs moving up a few floors in pg that is all, man up soldiers and get in with it sitting here crying isn't going help

#9 Starwalker

Starwalker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

I second this, I already submitted an idea like this for hero hunters. nothing has come of it yet.

#10 Dilz

Dilz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

Hunters at each class level cap to discourage camping, and scaling dungeons both sound like fun ideas. Even if it was just new scaling dungeons instead of retrofitting existing ones.

#11 Spunkie

Spunkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

If I was a completely new player coming into this game, I think I would start to lose interest during 3rd class. The drop off of content between level 121-240 is great. 3rd class requires you going back to the old school leveling grind. (unless you're willing to ship level) meaning less skill and proficiency betters. You have the Tourmaline dragon to look forward to, and I think no one actually kills it, because of the lack of 3rd class players. The pre-archon hunters might seem like a good idea in theory, but I would like to see the administration focus on fixing and finishing content that has been on the back burner for over a decade.

1st class - fun
2nd class - fun
3rd class - shot me
4th class - recovering from gun shot
Archon - Fun solo, but is more enjoyable with friends. Hopefully your friends continue to play when that time comes for you.

Someone is going to call me out on the decade back burner thing, so I'm referring to Vandy keep and Drow city. It would also be nice to finally get Smugglers Gulch functioning properly.

As a suggestion to keep the player base numbers high, I strongly recommend that the current administration considers having ongoing globals throughout the whole year. I've been watching numbers for the last 2 years that I've been actively playing. And it is during globals that we consistently maintain 120 connections.

#12 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:50 PM

Give everyone who wants one a free remort so we can all fight for spots in forms again!

#13 Cernd

Cernd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

there has been some good ideas on this thread.