Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

cons armor

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

Could this be changed from regeneration percent to a flat bonus? Maybe something between 35 to 50 regeneration. Now that paladin may only get fast healing by gnome or half-elf. Now meaning since 08(09?)... When ranger lost fast healing.

#2 Arcadin

Arcadin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:27 AM

I'm not sure about everyone else but I find it hard to take suggestions seriously from someone who doesn't consistently play and has to announce every one of his bi-weekly semi-retirements.

#3 Grimheart

Grimheart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:33 PM

This will only work right if we get plague arrows and ice wind mixes.

:D

To troll or not to troll, that is the question

#4 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

Troll away, nothing will ever be done.

Ice wind mixtures... no. Plague arrows, yes. Trade ice ball spell for a frost type "growth" similar to flint strike/electrogenic growth/fungal growth, yes. New mixtures providing more than flames and energy damage, yes.

Again, not really on topic though it has zero matter. Never happening. The word "balance" means what five or six players have, can do and think. not the other 98% of playerbase.

#5 Nil

Nil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Regen is a sticky slope full of graped tears that will always benefit certain races more than others. Gnome Paladins will always make great use out of this skill while every other paladin that uses it will only greatly benefit (sometimes) for the sp and st-regen.

Beyond that the spell is boring as hell. It provides a passive effect that I'm still convinced that it was only added as a counter to desecrate armor.

Instead of asking for it to continually affect regen why don't you ask it to be made into something interesting, even if it's removed as a spell and shifted to a paladin/priest exclusive proficiency that slows armor degeneration, or possibly just remove it and consecrate weapon and convert the affects of consecrate weapon into a uniform "consecrated" spell affect that no longer relies on what weapon you're using.

Stop being boring, Floyd. Be more interesting.

#6 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

I think skill power for consecrate weapon needs to be removed. Otherwise, it seems fine. The restrictions are a nuisance but seeing how certain players have so much stack, it cannot be any different. Remember everyone, "balance".

The same goes with consecrate armor. I mean, it is not like the only mobile that drops the scroll is a powerful endgame boss...

All seriousness, cons armor and cons weap need to be removed. Searing touch as well. Because certain players keep talking about how far too good all of this is. So it must be.

Crass jabs aside... the problem is always going to be the gnome paladin. With a lesser extent half-elf. Just nothing can be done.

The magic-resist and alignments on most items prevent consecration. Unless, favors recently started removing magic-resist. While, again a certain player moos until blue in the face that this is untrue, it seems the items they speak of are heavily restricted while being even more rare(which should not and based upon previous discussions can not be used as a balancing figure at all) than a portion exceeding 5% of the player base will never be able to obtain, ignoring the stanza of usage.

End point - feedback from everyone who counts all came to a scorching and screeching EFF off. Now, the chances of this post not being deleted like an increasing rate of mine have recently become...

In closing, at this point I would rather see paladin knocked back to the bottom rung than anything at else. Immortals forbid they finally be good at something. Be it mostly exploration and NPC fighting, too bad. "You chose that path for cure blind and cure light, nothing else" needs to come back in to play.

Ohya, cure light and cure critical skill powers are unfair. Their rates need to be adjusted. Ideally by half.

#7 Rascon

Rascon

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:46 PM

you poor poor victim floyd

#8 Solus

Solus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7574 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Could this be changed from regeneration percent to a flat bonus? Maybe something between 35 to 50 regeneration. Now that paladin may only get fast healing by gnome or half-elf. Now meaning since 08(09?)... When ranger lost fast healing.

I wonder...
Going from 1884 hp, consecrate armor + the skull of Riga only gave me +4hp regen on the tick in comparison to 1884 without the skull or consecrate armor while standing outside of combat.

While that would be a major boost for hp, it might decrease sp regeneration greatly.

(Though, if I am sleeping, I can regen up to 525hp and 401sp a tick, but I have other weird modifiers.)

It be a good idea to test it in a room with no room flags & with flags while in combat, while out of it, and while sleeping, no?

#9 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

Aside from trying to regenerate in a double regen room with sanctify and cons armor, I never see any difference. The at best +8% on anything less than a tick worth 100hp is a joke. It really is a novelty spell. Except it is less entertaining than magic message.

To be frankly honest, the +2hp it gives when in combat and NOT diseased is hardly worth all the reagent and sp cost to even apply it. Never minding the amount of prep it takes. Finding readily affected armor, a room with no evil and violence. Ya, just not worth it.

It makes zero difference while diseased in combat. The negatives are so much greater it goes entirely unnoticed. The only way this spell is nice, is when a player has disease resistance and fast healing stacked with it and coupled with other sources of +regen( no, I do not mean +regen% ).

Utter trash. Never going to be addressed either.

At this point, it would be much more useful if it provided small amounts +ar to each location that is consecrated and +alignment.

#10 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

What if cons armor added a percent resistance randomly chosen. For example 5 air-percent, 5 earth-percent, 5 necromantic-percent etc.
You could consider adding slash/bash/pierce to the random pool but that might be to much. Maybe the very common damage types could be 2%.

#11 Gezus

Gezus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

This would also give a nice way to make cons armor available for -align paladins. One pool of resistances to roll on for +align and another pool for -align. ie. Holy-percent for evil paladins and Necromantic-percent for good paladins etc.

#12 Floyd

Floyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Honestly, I kind of like the idea that consecrate armor would grant a more usable bonus. Though, why not something like...

Allowing consecrate to work on items in correlation to the caster's alignment. Consecration would provide +10hp-regen for torso, +8holy/negative% for head, +8holy/negative-spell% for arms and +15stamina-regen for legs.

The holy/negative% will be based upon caster alignment. positive alignment gives negative%, while negative alignment provides holy%.

When wearing a full set of consecrated armor, it should alter the wearer's alignment by an additional 150 alignment(trending in the direction it is going).

However, the chances of this as well - not high.

Also - Consecrate Armor is available to priests as well. It is not a paladin unique spell.