Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

remove counter on div run!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pointyhat

Pointyhat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:35 AM

I support removing the counter on div run this year due to the fact he can drop 0 gear or 1 item.

#2 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:39 AM

I support removing the counter on div run this year due to the fact he can drop 0 gear or 1 item.

Pretty sure the point is to not flood the game with div eq.

#3 Ledatic

Ledatic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

Kind of hard to flood the game with his gear when nothing drops. We're all going to be pretty bored for the next 5 days :(

#4 Nodiatias

Nodiatias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

Why not make gear easy to get all around. Like, there's nearly no playerbase currently. Have it scripted so stuff drops more frequently with less people on. When game gets active again, if ever because things like alliance bonus are broken, etc. have the drop rates reduced. Simple fix.

#5 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

Why not make gear easy to get all around. Like, there's nearly no playerbase currently. Have it scripted so stuff drops more frequently with less people on. When game gets active again, if ever because things like alliance bonus are broken, etc. have the drop rates reduced. Simple fix.

So, your solution to an economy where there is already a massive overabundance of almost everything is to increase drop rates.

You're not very smart.

#6 Romus

Romus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

"economy"

#7 Nemix

Nemix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

Low drop rates make sense. I want to log in for a .01% chance the item I want will drop and another 10% chance that nobody in the group will mind that I take it.

#8 Hoopadoop

Hoopadoop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Just ignore minotardorious/dumbburner. His reasoning is solely to benefit the value of his trunk's inventory. The more incentive to not produce duplicates causes a higher intrinsic value of the low quantity ones currently possessed.

The player base was at an all time high this year for divusmors. With less than 90 actual players. Which, honestly is server shaking in this era but...

Looking beyond that, Nemix said it all. Though I think his % on formation members wanting it is slightly low. Heh. It is loot-a-ggedon with the supply all but diminished. Soon it will be a % drop per slay with a maximum # per reboot.