Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Personal mounts are coming!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1612 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

To celebrate, we're holding a contest to create a new type of personal mount.

Personal mounts are contained in their own pocket dimensions, which can be USEd to spawn a mount once per hour. Only its owner can mount it, and the owner can also remotely recall it into its pocket dimension, so it will be available to spawn again later. Every Stable in the game has also been flagged with the new 'Stables' flag, which will bypass the hour timer.

Each personal mount type has different traits, with some randomization elements that will be explained more later. In addition, personal mounts will occasionally do something in combat to assist their rider. Whether it's a giant spider that spits acid in dungeons, or a pigasus that poison clouds opponents, submit your ideas and win a great prize!

MOUNT TYPE        HP         STAMINA    HASTED  LEV    ST-REGEN HP-REGEN  COMBAT BONUS
horse             750        500        no      no     0        +10       if its rider wears a halberd, pike, polearm, deals its riders level as pure damage.
pack animal       500        750        no      no     +10      0         deals its rider's damage-kick as pure damage.
pegasus           1000       1500       yes     yes    0        0         cast HoW in air rooms
dragonet          2000       1000       no      yes    0        +20       breathe fire on enemies
nightmare         1000       1000       yes     yes    +50      +10       grants its rider +2 mental-spell-prcnt per round, for 0 ticks.
sea serpent       2000       1000       no      no     +100     0         evokes water in water

The deadline is midnight, Friday, 11/14/14.

#2 Sanger

Sanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

War Elephant: Stomps its feet each round to deal (Rider's carried weight in stones) in pure damage, occasionally bashes the rider's opponent with its tusks.

#3 Perem

Perem

There be pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2311 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

inb4 llamateur

#4 Sanger

Sanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:47 AM

Unicorn: Drain away (1000-FoeAlignment)/10 hp from rider's opponent, grant it to rider as HP.

Skeletal Horse: Drain away HP from rider's opponent, grant to rider as HP, same as the Unicorn but with the alignment reversed so that good alignment foes get drained instead of evil.

Dinosaur: Bites your opponent's face as you fight.

#5 Krypt

Krypt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:01 AM

Narwhal-increased speed in water, impales opponents

#6 Yvar

Yvar

Admin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

I don't know if I'll be able to beat a pigasus but here goes nothing. B)

A giant centipede that loses half as much stamina from moving in dungeons and in the underground.

#7 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:20 AM

Zombie war horse: Ridiculous amounts of stamina, but doesn't regenerate; weak vs holy, head weak vs slash. Bites in combat for damage with chance to spread plague/poison/some zombie-appropriate regen-reducing disease-like affect. If horse bite is killing blow, some (low?) chance for 'animate dead'-like effect to raise corpse to fight with you. May slow down if it does not get to bite people regularly. Alternately, instead of large stamina base, biting things could refresh stamina?

#8 Karnifax

Karnifax

aka: Sarra

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:55 AM

Giant Golden Chicken

HP 1000
Stamina 1500
Lev
ST-REGEN +50
Combat Bonus: occasionally attacks with beak and evokes air

Go forth into the water, live there, die there.

#9 Sephetious

Sephetious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:05 AM

Electrum Armored Warhorse --1800hp 1660st Hasted:yes Lev:no Hp regen: +10 St regen: +30 Special: Can occasionally rear itself to absorb an attack or bash to protect the rider.

#10 Nil

Nil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

All of these ideas are terrible. Horses are stupid as hell and you should all feel bad.

What we need are baby rhinos. When mounted their spines snap so you can slit their throat and have a huge pool of blood.

Automaton sharks that fire lazor beams, but more importantly don't suffer wind buffeting and ocean lag.

Rainbow Centaurs that don't like women and will aggressively try to scare female characters out of rooms through useful dating and fashion advice.

Alternatively there can also be well to do female centaurs in business casual attire that scare off male characters by coming onto them heavily and mentioning, often they want a relationship.

Barrels, 'cause why the fuck not? What Cavalier doesn't want to joust while barrel riding.

Giant flying squid beasts that will teleport to random parts of the world to feast on cows whenever they get hungry.

Stoner faerie mushrooms that will take you to the faerie plane if you run around in circles for long enough.

Steam Golem Suits with flame throwers, cannons and the all important red button.

And of course the required, "your mom". That would be the best mount.

#11 Rulf

Rulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

A Giant Wolf, with like... horns or wings or something. Randomly casts an element? I don't know. Just... giant wolves.

And maybe a cow, a huge cow. Who can rush things, and also use bash.

Kangaroo. Ride in the pouch.

I am the best at ideas you're welcome I'll be here all week.

#12 Ehlaelt

Ehlaelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:40 AM

MOUNT_TYPE              HP      STAMINA HASTED  LEV     ST-REG  HP-REG  COMBAT BONUS
miasma storm            1420    2400    no      yes     +4      +2      casts poison on enemies, concealment on rider
thunder cloud           1420    2400    no      yes     +4      +2      casts thunderstorm, concealment on rider
Hyenxys                 1142    942     yes     yes     +14     +24     grants bonus round in combat
lambent orb             1242    1242    yes     yes     +24     +24     casts shield on rider, lightning strikes on enemies
spider pig              842     1042    yes     yes     +42     +24     casts web
monstrous horned toad   1042    942     no      no      +52     +14     casts acid, +2ar for rider

:whistle: ..soo contests are resumed now ? :woohoo:

#13 Angell

Angell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

I won't pretend here that I know how to balance combat numbers, so here are some ideas.

- A lumbering Ent. No levitation. Able to periodically dig its roots into the ground and impart healing to the rider. Effect is stronger in forested areas.

- A chimaera. (Lion, Eagle, Scorpion) Levitation. Randomly uses one of three abilities related to each individual animal. Poison from scorpion tail, sound based attack from eagle head, bite attack from lion head.

V(The gnomes must have been busy inventing SOMETHING along these lines)V

- The all-purpose terranaut 5000. No levitation. Transforms into varied machines when changing terrain. (submersible for ocean, rickety iron horse for plains, spider legged contraption for mountains. these "transformations" could be indicated through flavor text instead of changing the actual name of the mount) In combat randomly sparks damaging the enemy with a rare chance to damage user.

#14 Nodiatias

Nodiatias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:03 PM

[quote name='Angell']

I like that.

#15 Rulf

Rulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

(Forgive me for posting a second time, I don't know how to edit posts on this forum)

Slightly more serious than my last submission:

A white stag/hart-
HP- 1250
ST- 1500
Hasted- no
Lev- (i don't actually know what this one stands for)
ST-Reg- +50
HP-Reg- +45
Combat bonus- random pierce damage equal to player age+gold weight... or something. I'm no good at coming up with stat numbers.
Could move faster/lose less stamina in forested areas?

#16 Dupre

Dupre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:47 PM

Your Mom that spits mouthbreathers after a couple of rounds

#17 Marentha

Marentha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:34 AM

V(The gnomes must have been busy inventing SOMETHING along these lines)V

- The all-purpose terranaut 5000. No levitation. Transforms into varied machines when changing terrain. (submersible for ocean, rickety iron horse for plains, spider legged contraption for mountains. these "transformations" could be indicated through flavor text instead of changing the actual name of the mount) In combat randomly sparks damaging the enemy with a rare chance to damage user.

A million times this.

#18 Ovelia

Ovelia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

So... who/what won this contest?

:sheep: :flame: