Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

2nd class Cavalier

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Koryn

Koryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Hi there. I recently multiclassed into 2nd, and I've come to realise that since I hit level 97, the only option I have to use as a lance is a sharpened honey-covered stick. Even that being level 102 isn't so big of a deal as the fact that I probably won't be able to get one myself, based on what my clan has told me. It's trying enough leveling without being able to put a formation together, but now that I really don't have an option at lance, the loss of damage just adds to grand picture.

I'm just wondering if maybe theres another option out there that I can't find. I've checked Annwn, but the stick is the only one I see.

If there isn't another 2nd class lance out there, my next question is can we maybe add another and if no, why not?

#2 Jukiji

Jukiji

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

Have you possibly considered or tried using pike, halberd, mace, flail, spear, sword or exotic weapons? Lance is a great one. Arguably one of the best. However, it would come to reason having other weapons well trained and at your disposal could be a desired thing.

On a side note, there are plenty of weapon classes with considerable gaps and difficulty in obtaining for specific levels.

#3 Koryn

Koryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

I have several weapons I cycle between, and I have all of them trained. I understand I have alternatives in the way of other weapon types, and I'm cool with that. Theres a pretty sweet looking 114 polearm, a couple of pikes. Swords and spears aplenty. A good halberd, a couple nunchaku, a few whips, even a couple of good yo-yo's and exotics. Nice daggers and axes as well.

Basically I'm just wondering why lance is the only weapon type that has nothing remotely close to the end of my class level. I see axes that must deal wicked damage. I understand lance is a good weapon, it's the staple of the cavalier class. So why have nothing worth using for the entire end stage of second class? Not even one other option?

#4 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

I know the feeling!

As a regular cavalier player i stick with the stone spear with darkland gear and 19 strength does 119 damage. I think the lance is roughly 140 damage which is obtainable with high 2nd class spears.

I would like to see more lance's in general for lower classes as they don't really come in to their own until 3rd-4th class. The only problem is there's not much use for them as a lot of the bosses and areas are no mount so that could be why?

#5 Hoffer

Hoffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

We can get you one of those sticks, Koryn. They aren't too too hard to get.

#6 Umaonidd

Umaonidd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:37 AM

think about seven years ago and the only 2nd class lance was a Manari lance.

#7 Syll

Syll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

Don't remind me!

Tbh charge makes up for a higher damage output weapon 2nd class anyways