Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

Knave raise stakes and Ranger spells

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Schuller

Schuller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

Can any Knaves out there tell me what sort of vulnerabilities Raise Stakes applies? I'm curious if they are electric/flame/acid vulnerabilities since it would then be easier to land one of the Ranger spells that work if the target is vulnerable: electrogentic growth/flintstrike/fungal growth

As anyone tried this strategy? Seems like it could be good if it works that way but it all depends on how Raise Stakes works

#2 Toothgnasher

Toothgnasher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

It can be anything from fire, frost, energy, weapon, air, sound, charm, light, or any other dmg type. You can't really count on being able to stack it with ranger spells. There is a long cooldown after 2 uses, so you can't really just repeat it indefinitely and hope for what you want.

But, a well prepared adventurer can take advantage of it.

#3 Schuller

Schuller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:26 PM

Couple more questions about the ranger spells. I was comparing flintstrike to fireball and electrogenetic growth to lightning bolt, and it looks like these ranger variants only check vs resistance where the wizard ones check against resistance and savings.

I'm a little confused on what this means. Does it mean that the ranger ones don't have a chance to be reduced by 50% damage on successful savings throws? Also I'm guessing they can't be shield blocked/parried by magic?

#4 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:03 AM

As far as I know the ranger spells won't deal damage until you have properly "prepared" the target.