Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

New Orc Pursuer Quest System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Renee

Renee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

The orc pursuer quest system has been updated, and I wanted to have a space to put what I know (and also for people to add what they know), because I don't see the change documented in the changelog, and there will be questions about it.

Orc pursuer quests in Dungeon Wroth no longer have a cooldown that spans hours before, like they used to. Instead, you can do another orc pursuer quest about 5 minutes after you successfully complete your last orc pursuer quest. That said, you cannot wait for your orc pursuer quest to "timer out," so to speak, like you used to. You either do the quest, or you're stuck on that one phase of the quest (akin to the Black Lodge miniquest). This does not reset on reboots.

Confirmed: There is now a line in your personal log in order to find what the orc pursuer currently wants you to retrieve for him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and add any relevant information here.

Thanks! Happy questing.

#2 Chaosfire

Chaosfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:19 AM

I suppose I'll take a moment to voice my displeasure with this change then.

It's inevitably going to get stuck on mobs that are totally inaccessible with solo play.

One less thing to do when solo.

At least the 'betters' situation has drastically improved, but the pursuer change is a disappointment.

edit: After testing it for a few hours, it's been better than expected - possibly due to the pursuer using a larger pool of mobs? It was previously very streaky, and in 660 quests, there were some targets I had killed 10-20 times (tall castle guards of templeton, mobs on the fire/ice paths of deceit, and an irritatingly large number of mobs from the deeper parts of Hotel Hello and the Proving Grounds). Since this seems to be fixed, perhaps I've overestimated the likelihood of getting stuck. I'll leave the previous comment, but it no longer reflects my current view.

#3 Yvar

Yvar

Admin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

I suppose I'll take a moment to voice my displeasure with this change then.

It's inevitably going to get stuck on mobs that are totally inaccessible with solo play.

One less thing to do when solo.

At least the 'betters' situation has drastically improved, but the pursuer change is a disappointment.

edit: After testing it for a few hours, it's been better than expected - possibly due to the pursuer using a larger pool of mobs? It was previously very streaky, and in 660 quests, there were some targets I had killed 10-20 times (tall castle guards of templeton, mobs on the fire/ice paths of deceit, and an irritatingly large number of mobs from the deeper parts of Hotel Hello and the Proving Grounds). Since this seems to be fixed, perhaps I've overestimated the likelihood of getting stuck. I'll leave the previous comment, but it no longer reflects my current view.

Hmm... both me and Bahamutt are stuck on the same mob, 'dark priest of the tame' that is at the end of the Queens run. I got given that mob after only 4 turn ins.

I did notice that the mobs before I got stuck led me to a lot more places than before the change, such as the bazaar and mandrake forest. Inevitably everyone will encounter mobs that will be hard to access but encountering the same one so close to each other is a little curious.

#4 Vedric

Vedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

I think the ability to eventually reset the mob would be nice. Even if it's just at reboot, or after a week or two.