Welcome!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums.

Photo
- - - - -

QOL cat! The cat that improves quality of life!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 Duende

Duende

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1619 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 02:06 AM

Welcome to QOL Cat! Use this space to make any suggestions that would be convenient, helpful, improve an interface or usability! Posted Image

#2 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Being able to specifically request metaphase quests, similar to how Rune Forest questing works.

Being able to pick up Metaquests in a similar fashion.

Increasing quest rewards by 125% (rounding up), and the Experience gained from the quests by 300%. This only for quests for Rune/Xaventry/Tellerium/Sigil. The rest appear to be good.

Add quest descriptions to the Diety-based quests.

EDIT:

Filling in the wide gaps that exist in weapon types.

Taking some useless items (Like many that exist in Hellbent) and making them more interesting.

#3 Renee

Renee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Add a method to skip orc pursuer quests that the player cannot do. Increase the amount of gold/qp/tourms/whatever it costs with each skip.

Lower the rate at which clans are being taxed for their roots, and add a threshold at which the rate ceases. Taxes were reintroduced less than six months ago and clans being deleted from the roster was re-enabled. Why add roots to bosses if clan are being punished for having roots?

#4 Ehlaelt

Ehlaelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Daily Quests

As lowbie and 1st classer i'll probably have no chance to get done some.
What about to distinguish DQ regarding class level?

Like 1st classers will get for 1st classers only, 2nd classers for 2nd class.. etc..

Thx.

#5 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

I would like it if two spells could be looked it.

Pustulate was changed to a 5 second spell. This, for obvious reasons, makes it unusable as an in-combat attack spell. It could be an opener, except that its damage isn't at opener levels in my opinion and it requires the target to already be diseased, which kind of defeats the purpose of an opener anyway.

The other spell I've never been able to wrap my head around is displacement. When I first saw this spell, I thought it was going to be a very weak second defense for non valks, and I thought that sounded awesome. But you (Duende) and I spoke about this spell years ago, and you decided to make it into a strange combat-blink type thing. I guess this could have a niche I just don't understand, like maybe a certain boss fight or something, but could you look at this one too? Even if you don't want to change displacement, could you please explain its niche better?

One thing I have always hoped would be implemented is a way to change your class order via donation, reclass command, etc. When I first started, there was no +3 stat for your first class, so I have always wished I could retroactively adjust that.

It would also be nice if grapple and forgery could be given some love. Maybe grapple was never intended to be great for combat, but the damage to st ratio is reallll bad. It would be nice if grapple could be a viable, reduced bash for when you are using a 2 handed weapon, and are not a mino.

I would also like to thank you, again, for putting combat dummies into the game. I really, really like them.

I've recently returned after a long absence, and I like all the work that has went into the game to improve it; it is always fun to come back after a hiatus and see the game has continued to evolve in interesting ways.

#6 Hoffer

Hoffer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Searching and digging taking very long times. Just throwing that out there :whistle:

#7 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

-Change AP from mobs to function more like EXP. e.g. form of 2 archons each get 80% of the AP from a mob as one archon would get solo.

-Add some sort of item gambling functionality based on the uniqueness attribute to purge some of the excess mid-tier EQ out of the game and increase interest in a lot of mid-tier runs

-Consider a revamp to some of the eq on the games older 'mega'-bosses. A significant portion of Raymatus, MEGAFather, and Kesarian EQ is pretty mediocre for the effort required to obtain it compared to newer content that a few people can do.

#8 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

One thing I have always hoped would be implemented is a way to change your class order via donation, reclass command, etc. When I first started, there was no +3 stat for your first class, so I have always wished I could retroactively adjust that.

That was already added...

#9 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:47 AM

Quest item containers like apothecary bottle and keyring should be nodecay.

Especially keyring. I can maybe understand the apothecary bottle being fragile (although why the mysterious Vandemaar would not ward his creations better is beyond me). But the keyring is supposed to be a safe place to keep keys. Any chance of it taking damage kind of defeats its purpose.

Oh and make sure these are retroactive changes.

#10 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

That was already added...

The key word in my post was the word "order".

#11 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

The key word in my post was the word "order".

Actually thought that was added too as i'd seen it being done on gossip log.

Then I checked and saw it was apparently a limited-time offer item:

12-26-2014 01:53 pm General A philanthropist's memoir of remorting reports: Lilah has swapped the historical order of classes 1 with 4.

So yes, class reordering should be a permanent addition.

#12 Thror

Thror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hmm, I asked around and was astonished to find this was offered at a special event sort of thing. So the system can do it.

#13 Chaosfire

Chaosfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:41 AM

Form swap [position1] [position2] OR

Form swap [player1] [player2]

to swap the locations of 2 form members.

It's extremely cumbersome to require an empty form slot as swap space in order to move players, and downright stupid to require a 9-man form to remove a player in order to move the position of a form member.

#14 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:08 AM

Something can be done to help minimize the annoyance factor in third class...or really all of the classes come to think of it. A couple ways I thought of to speed leveling are...

-Having questing (And non-questing) rewards grant additional XP depending on Class level.

-Increasing the maximum XP allowable per kill (up from 45k, which is good enough through second class almost.)

To make it more interesting, however, you would need to create additional runs for that level range.

#15 Reznov

Reznov

Diversity Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Change the form structure default to standard and allow players to set the default structure when someone asks to form to a certain structure. I.E form structure default shield will make anyone who joins your form start your formation in shield instead of the current standard formation.

For some reason if you are holding a shield, the game will not automatically switch weapons and give you an error of "You can't have both hands full and hold a shield.". Without a shield, the game will automatically unequip your weapon and wear the weapon you prompted to equip.

The ability to set damage numbers on instead of adjectives like you are able to on the beta server. I just feel like a good amount of players would actually rather see numbers than adjectives, myself included.

Something kinda sad about

the way that things have come to be.

Desensitized to everything.

What became of subtlety?

I'll keep digging

Til I feel something

#16 Yvar

Yvar

Admin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:27 PM

Add a GUI

#17 Luarion

Luarion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

-Change AP from mobs to function more like EXP. e.g. form of 2 archons each get 80% of the AP from a mob as one archon would get solo.

-Add some sort of item gambling functionality based on the uniqueness attribute to purge some of the excess mid-tier EQ out of the game and increase interest in a lot of mid-tier runs

-Consider a revamp to some of the eq on the games older 'mega'-bosses. A significant portion of Raymatus, MEGAFather, and Kesarian EQ is pretty mediocre for the effort required to obtain it compared to newer content that a few people can do.

This is a great idea. I had heard there was something like this in place for 180 souls?

#18 Minotorious

Minotorious

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5271 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Add the ability to choose between practices and saving your lost skills % learned when utilizing class respec.

I'd certainly spend a lot more RU trying different paths, if I didn't either have to spend a ton of hours mastering combat passives (attacks, enhanced damage, defenses) on a new char, or have to give up significant progress/mastery in class-exclusive skills.

#19 Murdoch

Murdoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

It would improve my QOL greatly if I could sanctify and consecrate in rooms where evil exists. Having to wait for everybody evil to leave the room in a group where maybe half the people are paying attention gets annoying and I've stopped using my paladin spells on runs as a result.

#20 Ithilwen

Ithilwen

[Clan 52] Diversity

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationRune Estates West

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:13 AM

An additional hot air balloon platform somewhere near Sigil.

Posted Image

MISTRESS OF SYMPHONIES • MOON MAIDEN • OWNER OF CLAN DIVERSITY

Model: Valentina Kallias, Artwork: Ithilwen

#21 Vahu

Vahu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:00 AM

Remove New Rigel from the iron worm location roster and replace it with pirate's cove. Having to quick trip to PC/Keep/Deceit using worm and recall scroll gets annoying, and most novices can spam direction to New Rigel quicker than Ganuk can get them there.

#22 Yvar

Yvar

Admin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Background music when you enter an area. Improved and more diverse sound effects. NPC voiceovers.

#23 Cordarei

Cordarei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

Adding marks to Black Lodge with a much lower numerical requirement (1, 10, 25, 50?)

Adding a reward system similar to the BL to the Crystal Quest...less rewarding...but similar.

Possibly to the Orc Pursuer as well.

EDIT :

Make it so the Wild's Jungles are not randomly no-entrance rooms per the VMap. So annoying. If anything cut the no-entrance rooms and raise the stamina req for walking through them to maintain the "Wow this is hard to get through I have to cut a path through it" factor.

#24 Seylin

Seylin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or simply intended now, but I'm a witch/monk, and I can't wield magical wand. Help magical wand shows that witches get wand at 1% complexity. I'm level 112 now, and I was always able to wield wand after I multiclassed to monk, but since a couple reboots ago, I get an error message whenever I tried to equip my wand. (Your proficiency complexity in 'weapon' isn't high enough to be able to properly wield a wizard's staff.) So the proficiency is currently 50% vs the 68% required for Archons to equip wands. I'm hoping this isn't intentional as it's the main weapon that I've been using since first class, and the only other weapons I currently have trained are scythe and dagger. (The alternatives that I can train are no more appealing for long-term weapons.)

Next is on scythes themselves. There is one second class scythe, which drops off of a mobile in Xaventry, but I cannot get to the mobile unless I am a druid with exactly 0 alignment. Either another available scythe or less-limiting restrictions would be ideal, since I have very few alternatives when it comes to weapons right now due to not being able to use a magical wand.

#25 Dyalot

Dyalot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Xposted from fixiraffe as this may be more a QOL thing than a bug per se, but it'd be nice if i could see how much attack-speed zeal is giving me on affects -- or see zeal at all on affects, even if just under racial affects.

(though i can theoretically calculate its bonus from the formula in the helpfile -- confirmation would be great.)

Oh speaking of attacks.... it's be kind of cool if additional affects mentioned "Expected Attacks Per Combat Round" as some fraction based on current skill levels, affects, and other bonuses.